2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 131 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #1301
Kevin_agar
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104461
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Kevin_agar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Tsb# ?

If there is a TSB for this clunking on later build dates (june to december 2011) can someone please post it????? Thanks in advance.... if not.... maybe Crystal can enlighten us more in regards to an ETA for one.... or any relevant update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #1302
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrn146 View Post
Crystal, is Ford any closer to an answer to this problem? Surely they have enough Vin's and input from dealers to come up with something other than changing the same parts over and over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptcv1 View Post
Crystal,

Could we get a genuine follow up like
a) Ford is actively pursuing engineering solutions but no idea on timing..
b) Ford is actively pursuing engineering solutions, with ETA of 3-6 months..
c) Ford is not looking to issue further TSB...
d) other?

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_agar View Post
...if not.... maybe Crystal can enlighten us more in regards to an ETA for one.... or any relevant update.
Hey gang,

Ford engineers are still hard at work on a solution for the clunk/rattle some of you are experiencing, but they haven't given me a heads up regarding a potential TSB. I can assure you that the minute I have any news to share that I'll post an update.

I'd encourage you to continue to work with your dealerships/service departments; I'm also available via PM if you need any additional assistance.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #1303
Shantheman2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98655
What I Drive: Fmr: 2012 Ti Sedan Now: '13 Taurus

FF Reputation: 2 Shantheman2012 Good Standing Member
I'm in KC this week and have a rental SEL with 22,000 miles on it. There is no clunking what so ever. Kinda makes me wonder why a RENTAL can be clunk free yet mine with 5000 miles is already on its second set of struts/bushings.

Really frustrating.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #1304
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantheman2012 View Post
I'm in KC this week and have a rental SEL with 22,000 miles on it. There is no clunking what so ever. Kinda makes me wonder why a RENTAL can be clunk free yet mine with 5000 miles is already on its second set of struts/bushings.

Really frustrating.
Almost makes you want to consider renting one for the weekend and then doing a front end parts swap.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #1305
Lipshurt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92314
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Lipshurt Good Standing Member
well, mine got the tsb in august, when it was hot, and my sound is worse when its cold. i knew right away that it was not totally fixed, and went round and round with Brian the regional rep. Got nowhere with him or the dealer that did the tsb. No returned emails what so ever. Not impressed with Paul worral of Heller ford in escondido. Hes th eservice manager who told me straight up that this was not rocket science. Big fail on thier part, talking big and then disappearing.
Now that it's colder outside, my rattle is raging like never before, so I would like "Crystal" (real name?) to try to hook me up with some body with some snap. Probably not gonna happen though. I have 26K miles now. I think they are waiting me out on the warranty, but i have ESP up to 100K.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #1306
Uptcv1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88390
What I Drive: 2012 sonic blue SE sport DCT hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Uptcv1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipshurt View Post
well, mine got the tsb in august, when it was hot, and my sound is worse when its cold. i knew right away that it was not totally fixed, and went round and round with Brian the regional rep. Got nowhere with him or the dealer that did the tsb. No returned emails what so ever. Not impressed with Paul worral of Heller ford in escondido. Hes th eservice manager who told me straight up that this was not rocket science. Big fail on thier part, talking big and then disappearing.
Now that it's colder outside, my rattle is raging like never before, so I would like "Crystal" (real name?) to try to hook me up with some body with some snap. Probably not gonna happen though. I have 26K miles now. I think they are waiting me out on the warranty, but i have ESP up to 100K.
The waiting game... Probably what Ford counts on... 'Theyll go away once out of warranty...'
Those near warranty expiration that just got new parts should get the parts warranty right? Is it something 12k miles for the new parts?
Old 10-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #1307
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
The waiting game... Probably what Ford counts on... 'Theyll go away once out of warranty...'
Those near warranty expiration that just got new parts should get the parts warranty right? Is it something 12k miles for the new parts?
I hope they don't play the waiting game ... there's a ton of owners that have already had the TSB done to at least one side (if not the entire front) of the car. I for one had it done at 6000 miles or so (now at 9000). I can start to hear it on my passenger side (had the driver side worked on previously) and I hope the dealer cooperates!

They'll have a hell of a time with me for the next 26,000 miles otherwise.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:35 AM   #1308
12FOCUS S
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98622
What I Drive: '13 FOCUS ST/'12 Mustang GT BBP

FF Reputation: 1 12FOCUS S Good Standing Member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi everyone,

I completely understand the frustration you're experiencing with your cars. I can assure you that in addition to escalating your concerns, we're also working with the engineering team to find a solution here.

The more information you provide to me (via escalations), the more information I can pass along to the engineering folks. So, if you haven't already done so, send me a PM with your info (VIN, mileage, dealer, phone number) and I'll continue to get you guys escalated to the appropriate regional Customer Service Managers.

Thanks for your patience.
-Crystal
2012 Focus S, Oxford White
1FAHP3E29CL370821
10,550 miles.

Rattle since 3,000 miles.

My 2012 Mustang GT also makes a little noise which is to be expected with McPherson Struts and low NVH upper mounts......but with the Focus it is unacceptable.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #1309
12FOCUS S
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98622
What I Drive: '13 FOCUS ST/'12 Mustang GT BBP

FF Reputation: 1 12FOCUS S Good Standing Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-filer View Post
Almost makes you want to consider renting one for the weekend and then doing a front end parts swap.
good one......
Old 10-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #1310
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Funny thing is, if you buy the struts yourself from Ford Parts, you get a lifetime warranty on the parts.

Not sure about the bearings, though.

Bookmarks & Social Networks