Focus Electric Owners! - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus Electric

MK3 Focus Electric The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 all-electric Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #11
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thank you again! At 6000 miles, you might have the highest mileage EV Focus out there.

I appreciate you keeping us informed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
DanHoll
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104668
What I Drive: 2012 Frost EV & 2012 Red SE

FF Reputation: 1 DanHoll Good Standing Member
I have had my focus EV since mid June over 3000 miles on it in Rochester NY few charge points here but I never expect to charge anywhere except in my garage. I have noticed a few quirks in the display that I wonder if others have seen:

1. several times the left side LCD display is dark when car is turned on - only way to get it back that I have found is to turn the car off, exit the car and let it sit for a while and the start up again.

2. the same display almost alway shows a life time regen miles as 99 when the car is turned off

3. In the lower left of that same display there is symbol the indicates when the cruise control is active. On my 2012 focus ICE this display show the speed that the cruise control is set at and puts a line thru the speed and the symbol if the cruise control is temporarily stopped by stepping on the brake.

4. on the main nav screen I have not been able to put anything in the HOME location

5. Occasionally on the radio screen the names of the station blankout - switching bands will bring them back.

I love the car and we only use our gas Focus if both my wife and I need to go separate places at the same time

I just added a solar panel to my house roof so now driving the car is totally Green!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
Spare
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98139
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Electric

FF Reputation: 1 Spare Good Standing Member
Dan,

#1 I do not know the answer to this problem. By turning the car off, it is like restarting your computer. That works, but it should not be happening.

#2 The lifetime regen always reads 99 and it is a computer glitch. Ford is addressing the issue.

#3 My cruise control works similarly to what you are saying. I turn on crusie control and a symbol come up. I set the speed and a diagonal line passes through the symbol. I put my foot on the brake and the diagonal line disappears. It never tells me the speed in numbers. I did not know the diagonal line was a speed indicator, I always thought it simply ment it was engaged.

#4 You have to put the information in through MyFordMobile.com

#5 The same happens to me occasionally.

I am very pleased with my vehicle also. Delivered 5/29/12 and now has 7000 miles on the odometer. $910.00 in gasoline savings still in my pocket. Good Luck, Wood
Old 10-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #14
DanHoll
Focus Rookie

Cruise Control icon

On the 2012 Focus ICE the circular icon with the arrow indicates that the cruise control is turned on. When a speed is set the the speed is shown as numbers next to the icon. When you step on the brake or disengage the cruise control a line is drawn thru the numbers so you can see what the speed will be when you reengage the control. There is space for the numbers on the EV my guess is it just didn't get implemented.

Dan
Old 10-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #15
Spare
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Dan - Thanks for the ingo. That is a nice feature on the ICE Focus, showing the set speed of the cruise control. But it was not implemented that way on the EV Focus. Too bad...
Wood
Old 10-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #16
DanHoll
Focus Rookie

I'm in Rochester NY where the weather has gotten colder - nights in the low 40's days in high 50's or low 60's. All summer my fully charged mileage predicted in the car was in the 70's now with the colder weather mileage prediction is usually in the low 60's never in the 70's. I wondered if this matches the experience of other cold climate drivers
Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #17
Spare
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

I just used my heater today in RI. Set at 66 degrees, weather outside at 47 degrees and added 45 watts per mile to my average commute trip. So, i am expecting to see some drop in my battery starting capacity. I'll have to do some playing around to get the best settings. We are just beginning to get cool temps. Keep us posted on what you learn....
Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #18
turbine guy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103088
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Electric Frosted Glass

FF Reputation: 1 turbine guy Good Standing Member
Winter is definately here in Northern British Columbia. Daytime highs of -4 C. 4" of snow on the ground, and looks to be here to stay. Stock low rolling resistance tires are terrible in these conditions and will be changed out for ice radials soon. I don't skrimp on the heat, the seat heaters, window defrosters and climate control are all on, and set to 21 C. I'm seeing a 40% drop in effective range. Change of tires will likely reduce my range a bit more due to the higher rolling resistance. I'll report back as winter tightens it's grip and it gets colder out. The dash display is prompting me to keep the car on-plug when parked to maintain battery temperature. At times, this is not practical and my car can sit for up to 3 hours off plug. So far, this hasn't been a problem, but we'll see when it gets colder out.
Yes, my dash display shows a total lifetime regen of 99km. Ford has a fix on it's way?

Robin.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #19
Spare
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

-4 degrees C... You have gotta be a believer in BEV. Wow!!!! Tip of my hat to you:):) How much colder does it get up there????

My commute is 40 miles each way and I have a 240v plug available at home and at work. It will never get that cold to reduce my capacity to less then 40 miles. But 40% of 75 brings Robin very close...

A couple of other notes:

We get alot of ocean snow storms in RI, doesn't last long, but not unusual to get 12-24" at a whack. I am curious about the tires and Robin is telling me they ain't good in the snow. I hate to go back to the old days of having a set of summer and winter tires to rotate out. But....

In on of my earlier posts I said that turning the car off and back on is like resetting your computer. Just want to add that you have to open the door and get the car to completely shut down.

The 99 mile to regen issue. I heard this was a computer glitch and that Ford was working it out. That was through one of the other forums. I believe they are right but do not know for fact.

Speaking of other forums. My favorite is www.myfocuselectic.com It is filled with lots of information and is a pretty well run forum. My second choice is www.myfordmobile.com The problem with that one is the forum "discussion" is very limited in posting pictures, spreadsheets, copying information, etc. My third choice is this one. I like having ICEngine guys come in and check us out. The only problem is there are very few individuals posting. You may already be checking these out, but I just wanted to pass the info along.....
Old 10-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #20
flyboyike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98206
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE sedan

FF Reputation: 3 flyboyike Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spare View Post
My normal commute is 40 miles one way and I charge at night, drive to work, plug in for the day, go out for lunch and drive home with plenty of battery capacity. At this point in time I have driven 6000 miles in the last three months. At $0.03 per mile it has cost me $180.00 in electricity. You know your own gassers mileage so do the math at $4.09 per gallon which is our current local price. It has saved me alot of money already and I really like the car. Perfect commuter car, great looks and snappy handling.
In your estimation, how long will it take to make back the difference in purchase price between the FFE and, say, an SE?

Bookmarks & Social Networks