Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it - Page 19 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #181
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'll try to post an updated video of the noises and slipping my transmission has been experiencing for the last week or so (severely worse than before).

But I'm very close to just purchasing these parts and doing the repair myself:

Note: The old clutch might be shipped to Michigan with a big "FU" written on it... or through one of the dealership's windows. I haven't really decided yet. When questioned, I'll deny everything - because "Why would I need a new clutch? It's working 'as expected.'"

EDIT: I'm not actually going to do the latter... I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #182
narkotskyb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91412
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 narkotskyb Good Standing Member
Going tomorrow for a 'investigation'. Specifically mentioned TSB 11-12-13. Asked what kind of tests will be run and the test list looks right on the money. So hopefully if there is a seal leak then TSB will fix it. If not then hopefully we'll get some quantifiable data on why TCS is making so much difference in driving characteristics of my car.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #183
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkotskyb View Post
Going tomorrow for a 'investigation'. Specifically mentioned TSB 11-12-13. Asked what kind of tests will be run and the test list looks right on the money.
Good luck. I took my car in and they said they checked the shift characteristics and everything operates within the "expected limits"... whatever those are.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #184
narkotskyb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91412
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 narkotskyb Good Standing Member
Well there is always a way to fight infowars if Ford's 'expected limits' are colliding with normal reality so much. FB group 'I hate Ford Focus' Twitter #buybackDCT let your imagination fly. This is like Apple's 'AntennaGate' - but you can't 'hold' car differently.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #185
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Good luck. I took my car in and they said they checked the shift characteristics and everything operates within the "expected limits"... whatever those are.
This is exactly where I'm at. I'm waiting for a call around 3pm to hear the same thing. Last night the guy already called me an hour after I dropped it off and said he couldn't feel a problem with the operation.

Then again he couldn't have been older than 19 years old...I doubt a guy with 3, or less, years of driving experience under his belt would know what a slipping clutch felt like.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #186
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkotskyb View Post
Well there is always a way to fight infowars if Ford's 'expected limits' are colliding with normal reality so much. FB group 'I hate Ford Focus' Twitter #buybackDCT let your imagination fly. This is like Apple's 'AntennaGate' - but you can't 'hold' car differently.
I was thinking of convincing people on the lot not to buy Foci. Have them drive my car, then let them decide for themselves. Or park my car in front of the dealership with a sign that said "America's worst drive train!" or something of the sort. But I reckon it might get me shot... I could rent a billboard...?

It seems kind of rude / selfish - but what else am I supposed to do? Use all of my vacation days driving dealer-to-dealer across the country until one of them says they'll accept my warranty claim?

Even if I do eventually get it fixed, I can't say that I'll ever buy another Ford again. It makes me mad because the car drives so well and I love most aspects of it (aside from the DCT/ice blender combo, MFT and my interior rattling) but if I have to jump through this many hoops to get warranty repair work done on my car, I'll shop elsewhere.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #187
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
This is exactly where I'm at. I'm waiting for a call around 3pm to hear the same thing. Last night the guy already called me an hour after I dropped it off and said he couldn't feel a problem with the operation.

Then again he couldn't have been older than 19 years old...I doubt a guy with 3, or less, years of driving experience under his belt would know what a slipping clutch felt like.
I'm 21, so not much more experienced than he, but after 3 of my years being a 6spd manual, I definitely know what a slipping clutch feels like, considering I learned to drive a manual with that 6spd, lol.

But definitely keep us updating with what happens, guys. I have to bring my car in soon for the rain-sensing wipers, I suppose, since Crystal escalated that issue to my CSM and he in turn to my dealer. They'll probably tell me what they told me a year ago, that the wipers seem to work as they should, even though I don't think 30+ seconds of nothing happening when in pouring rain counts as working as they should. I'll mention the TSB for the DCT to them while I'm at it.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #188
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
I don't want to rain on the parade of those that do have problems, you obviously have a real problem.

But don't for one second assume you speak for a majority of the owners out there including people on this forum.

Yes it sucks you have issues, no it doesn't mean the car does this for everyone. Doesn't make the car as a whole a lemon. Basic logic 101.

This isn't some Focus issue either. Any forum for any car and the owners with issues think they're the center of the world and their issues are representative of the entire population.

We are the 5%. Ideally less from Fords view.

I won't put off buying a Ford again nor will I actively stop people from buying or from recommending. A few DCT and MFT shenanigans are not ruining the car for me and I've already recommended it to another person and I myself got a Focus based off someone's recommendation, a person who has theses "issues" but didn't let it spoil the rest of the car.

If your issues are that bad then I apologize, but you got a lemon and that can and will happen to ANY CAR.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #189
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I definitely know what a slipping clutch feels like...
Wait until you hear my transmission video that I'll post later tonight... you're gonna be like .

Not because it's much different than anyone else, but because Ford says it's "normal."
Old 10-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #190
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Yes it sucks you have issues, no it doesn't mean the car does this for everyone. Doesn't make the car as a whole a lemon. Basic logic 101.
Yes, it would be a fallacy to assume this.

But what I will assume is that this specific dealership is ignoring actual issues. That's what bothers me. I don't care if there are MFT or transmission issues if they are addressed. I care that they're not even acknowledged as an issue.

Bookmarks & Social Networks