DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 166 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #1651
tigertiger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85787
What I Drive: 2004 green ranger; 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 tigertiger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have a question for those of you having trouble getting your dealers to check your transmission seals and clutches.

Whenever I take my wife's car to the dealer I get a survey from Ford a few days after by email. It asks me about my experience at the dealership service dept. Every time they do not address or fix one or more of the issues I left the car for, I tell them about it very bluntly. I always hear back from the dealer even when I click the option to not have the dealer contact me. When they last replaced the seals and clutch and did not address the strut clunking, I mentioned this in my response. My wife has received two phones calls from the dealer since then asking her to schedule service for it.

Are all of you getting these surveys as well? Is it possible some dealers are chosen by Ford to get them and others not? Are some dealers worried about bad feedback given to Ford about their service?

Just trying to figure out why some dealers are unwilling to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #1652
mjb457
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96645
What I Drive: 12 Focus SE , 03 PT Cruiser GT

FF Reputation: 0 mjb457 Newbie
Trans

I like Tiger had same service performed about 10days ago and 300+ miles.... much better so far..... (took dealers though to get it fixed) Ford Rep on this site was of no help...(I did it all on my own) I did get survey so far for dealer #1 ..none for dealer #2 who fixed it as of yet... I truely think Ford should have contacted me--toatally surprised.... Time will tell... MJB..........................(If Ford knows about this as it seems they should warranty all the transmissions for 100k miles---10years---It would be a good customer service move)
Old 10-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #1653
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
Ok, with all the talk of clutches getting replaced starting to be concerned that maybe my clutches may need to be replaced before they are actually worn out and after the warranty expires, I checked in to purchasing the FORD Extended Service Plan.
Went here http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...ESPWizardStep1 and looked. Cannot find where the clutch or clutches are covered under any ESP.
Sent Ford Customer Service a PM asking the specific question, “Will the clutch assembly in my Automatic Transmission 2012 Focus be covered by a Ford ESP.”
Got back this reply “It depends on a variety of factors, including which ESP you currently have. You can give the ESP department a call at 877-794-6434 and they'll fill you in on the details. Also, your dealership will be able to provide specifics if you'd prefer to reach out to them”
I called the ESP department (to get filled in on the details) and was told point blank, in no uncertain terms, NO, the clutch is not covered. Doesn’t make any difference what variety of factors or which ESP plan I have.
I tend to keep cars a long time. My last one was 10 years and the one before for 8 years. So, guess I need to be optimistic and start saving up for an out of pocket clutch replacement just in case. It is bound to be cheaper that what it would cost to get rid of the car now.
Hey gang,

I wanted to follow up to this post and make sure everyone is on the same page. I've reached out to the folks in the ESP department and the official word is that ESP PowertrainCare, BaseCare, ExtraCare and PremiumCare will cover part 7B546 (Clutch kit). The "Dual clutch" verbiage will be added to ESP brochures in hopes to eliminate any confusion.

Please reach out to me via PM if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #1654
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
ESP PowertrainCare, BaseCare, ExtraCare and PremiumCare will cover part 7B546 (Clutch kit). The "Dual clutch" verbiage will be added to ESP brochures in hopes to eliminate any confusion.
Thank you, baby Jesus!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #1655
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
That makes me feel better. I have 46K and my "clutches" have started to chatter .. very slightly on steep hills at very low speed. I blip of the throttle makes it go away .. but it does concern me.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #1656
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102548
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 jdetzel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey gang,

I wanted to follow up to this post and make sure everyone is on the same page. I've reached out to the folks in the ESP department and the official word is that ESP PowertrainCare, BaseCare, ExtraCare and PremiumCare will cover part 7B546 (Clutch kit). The "Dual clutch" verbiage will be added to ESP brochures in hopes to eliminate any confusion.

Please reach out to me via PM if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!
Crystal
My faith has been restored!
Big Amen on that!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #1657
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Thank you, baby Jesus!

LOL ... not much here makes me laugh
Old 10-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #1658
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
That makes me feel better. I have 46K and my "clutches" have started to chatter .. very slightly on steep hills at very low speed. I blip of the throttle makes it go away .. but it does concern me.
Same here (except 37k) - they've been doing it for a couple thousand miles now. Makes me happy that my ESP will cover it and now I don't have to go to the dealer every weekend to try to get it fixed before I hit 60k miles.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #1659
Titanium2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96424
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Titanium2012 Good Standing Member
Can anybody give me some advice about how to push this issue with my dealer? It's been there for two days and they just called today giving me the "Ford says it's normal" speech. I didn't let it go so the guy said I could come in tomorrow and go for a drive with a technician.

I'm not sure what I can say or do to make them listen to me. It's not normal!

ETA: It's got a little over 8000 miles and just got the TSB update at the dealer today so I haven't seen if that changed anything. The transmission just started acting up over the weekend.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #1660
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium2012 View Post
Can anybody give me some advice about how to push this issue with my dealer? It's been there for two days and they just called today giving me the "Ford says it's normal" speech. I didn't let it go so the guy said I could come in tomorrow and go for a drive with a technician.

I'm not sure what I can say or do to make them listen to me. It's not normal!
What's the issue? Shuddering? Or slipping/grinding noises into even gears?

EDIT: Never mind, it's grinding. Umm... I can't help you since my dealer has said the same thing to me.

Bookmarks & Social Networks