SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 58 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #571
kiveysc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104304
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 kiveysc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Lost my dang preset labeling for Sirius for about 12th time in 2 and half month. This is the most half baked product I've ever owned.? Is this thing running Windows Vista?

Sent from my HTC REZOUND.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #572
SaToX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94321
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 SaToX Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul21 View Post
Priority #1 - Profit , sell cars, get the system in every car that will help it sell, make ads, sell cars, reduce cost, make shareholders happy

Some other priority - Make a product you can be proud of
Microsoft does have their hand in it.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #573
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaToX View Post
Microsoft does have their hand in it.
Nuff said.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #574
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiveysc View Post
Lost my dang preset labeling for Sirius for about 12th time in 2 and half month. This is the most half baked product I've ever owned.? Is this thing running Windows Vista?

Sent from my HTC REZOUND.
I've never had the problems your having, and I have done all the updates to MFT, including the last one

There has to be something more to yours ... something faulty. I'd hound the dealer about it.

This isn't a big bug (to me at least), but has anyone noticed that when the the 4 quad mode, ALL of the symbols for the different media types (blue tooth, CD, USB, FM/AM, etc...) all show up at the same time? Cluttering that window until you switch away and back? It only happens at start up for me, currently.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #575
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
*sigh*

Do you happen to know what the 4.29 signifies, because mine is listed as 4.28.12156. If it is just a version number, then I wonder if there are different versions of 3.2.2 or something. Not sure what it was before I took it to the dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
If that is a real number, I would presume it is the latest build (August 26, 2012) as opposed to the June 15, 2012 build that we have all installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Yet another typo, it's 4.28 as you indicate.
I'd like to know what version 4.29.12268 is. Jaclyn?
Sorry guys, lewisra is right, I made a typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Wow so nothing new on this whatsoever. Is everyone (those effected) just dealing with the loss of the climate until another update comes out sometime in the future or is everyone going to the dealer for the fix? I was hoping by now someone would have a few more details on what the dealerships are doing to fix it. If its something possibly that we can do ourselves. I am so disappointed to see that Ford / SyncMyRide.com has not even bothered to try and resolve this by posting a fixed version that we can install. I.E 3.2.3, etc. Heck I don't think they even publicly admitted there might be an issue for some Focus owners. I guess I should get used to that from here on out.

I did not really notice any benefits to the 3.2.2 myself. Except that it takes my phone way longer to register Connected than it ever did and while I was playing some music via BT that it was showing the wrong artist playing. I looked at my phone and it showed the correct artist. Ugh!. Whatever MFT! I pray Ford will scrap it entirely and announce a completely new from the ground up OS for this thing.
If you've lost this functionality, Dysan911, please visit your dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Losing my mind WTF is going on

Sync VersionGen2 - V3.0.2
Confirmed installations
DA5T-14D546-AC
DA5T-14F496-AC
BT4T-14F497-AP
NO UPDATE to V3.2.2 available on the update site I have already done the sync status checker tool
Is it because I am Canadian? Does Ford hate us? BTW sync status checker took 4 computers, 3 operating systems, and 3 browsers before I found a computer that worked with it. HOLY CRAP
Hey, Tyson -

The update was removed once we learned a small population of customers were experiencing compatibly issues. We'll make an announcement when it again becomes available:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #576
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:

If you've lost this functionality, Dysan911, please visit your dealership.

The update was removed once we learned a small population of customers were experiencing compatibly issues. We'll make an announcement when it again becomes available:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Jaclyn
So wait, do we have to take our car to the dealership or just wait until you guys make an announcement of yet another version that we can download and install that will just fix our issues??
Old 10-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #577
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
So wait, do we have to take our car to the dealership or just wait until you guys make an announcement of yet another version that we can download and install that will just fix our issues??
If you've installed 3.2.2, lost some functionality with climate controls and you want it back. You can go to dealer and they will roll you back to 3.0.2. If not you'll have to wait for a "new" update and maybe not have to take it to the dealer. I'm sure Ford will let us know soon, NOT!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #578
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
If you've installed 3.2.2, lost some functionality with climate controls and you want it back. You can go to dealer and they will roll you back to 3.0.2. If not you'll have to wait for a "new" update and maybe not have to take it to the dealer. I'm sure Ford will let us know soon, NOT!
Amazingly, while not fixing the transmission, my dealership was able to fix 3.2.2. I've got outside temp, inside temp, and full voice command of my climate control. The workorder says that Master Reset wasn't effective, called Ford Engineering, and re-installed something. I wonder if what they got was the same as I downloaded.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #579
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Amazingly, while not fixing the transmission, my dealership was able to fix 3.2.2. I've got outside temp, inside temp, and full voice command of my climate control. The workorder says that Master Reset wasn't effective, called Ford Engineering, and re-installed something. I wonder if what they got was the same as I downloaded.
Wow, they didn't give you any details beyond that? I'm curious as to what they did. Glad it is working for you though!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #580
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Did you install 3.2.2 previous to this and lost climate control functionality?

Bookmarks & Social Networks