Rear Alignment - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102548
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 jdetzel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
And I let me just throw in - at 25,000 miles it is probably not a bad idea to have the alignment checked. I will probably do the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #12
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
FWIW ... At 23,500 I just bought 4 new tires (General G-Max AS-03) because of egregious hydroplaning issues w/ my OEM ContiProContacts. Given the investment and frequency of rough roads traveled, I had the allignment checked / adjusted. The rear was perfectly fine and the front toe was in just a little bit. The allignment bay utilizes a laser system.
Hatch Nation #174
Old 10-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #13
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012_Focus_ View Post
Hi, I bought 2 new rear tires and I had my alignment done by a very good alignment place, but I dont know if they have ever done a new focus? The place uses hand tools (not laser) and it took them a long time to adjust the rear. He told me that camber is not adjustable, which from what I read is true, but I feel like my car sways and pulls the curve of the road so much more then before the alignment.. My steering wheel isnt 100% straight but I think they just touched the socket down there just to charge$ me for it (I dont think it was even off).. looking at my rear tires I can tell the camber is off and from the naked eye it looks like my toe is also off..

Does anyone have the 2012 alignment specs?
Also does anyone know if the dealerships drive over thing "alignment check" is a actuate specs.. Cause I spent alot of money and dont know if I want a refund or let them check it n fix if needed.. Thanks Jay
Hi 2012_Focus_,

I recommend making an appointment at your dealership so they can check your alignment. Ford certified techs are in the best position to inspect. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to me via PM.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96079
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE HB Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 mustang0 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Huh?
Don't know if it is still used today but back in my Highschool autoshop days, we had a tool from Snapon, it laid on the floor and you drove across it without any steering inputs as that would affect the results. All it checked was toe in or out and the you would make adjustments according to manufactures specs. Toe is usaully set at 1/32- 1/8" if I remember correctly. But you sure aren't going to see toe in with the naked eye, camber is a different story. I ran 1.2 to 1.5 negative camber in the Racestang and you can definitely see that without measuring.
65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque
Old 10-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #15
pablo94sc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104464
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE Sport 5dr (5spd)

FF Reputation: 1 pablo94sc Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsp_53 View Post
FWIW ... At 23,500 I just bought 4 new tires (General G-Max AS-03) because of egregious hydroplaning issues w/ my OEM ContiProContacts. Given the investment and frequency of rough roads traveled, I had the allignment checked / adjusted. The rear was perfectly fine and the front toe was in just a little bit. The allignment bay utilizes a laser system.
I have the same hydroplaning issue. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Bookmarks & Social Networks