SCT Tunes New ST - 253whp, 323wtq @2400 RPM - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #41
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Needs an upgrade for the Turbo. Little bit of a bigger Turbo cold air intake and an exhaust and then a retune. Fmic and colder spark plugs sound like a good choice to and the clutch will most definitely need an upgrade. Wont take much to get into the 13's.

I hope the next St is a little bit lighter and can do 13s stock or atleast low 14s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #42
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 16 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^ It can run low 14s stock. Steeda ran 14.4 after smoking the stock tires until they were greasy. A good running stock ST is capable of 14.2ish pretty easily.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #43
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34077
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
^ It can run low 14s stock. Steeda ran 14.4 after smoking the stock tires until they were greasy. A good running stock ST is capable of 14.2ish pretty easily.
street tires dont need to be smoked or warmed up to get sticky... I always LOL when i go to the track and see ricers with street tires doing massive burnouts to make them "sticky"...

Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #44
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Even on street tires you should spin them a bit, just to clean them off. This is especially true if the track you're at has a messy water box or an unpaved parking lot.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #45
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34077
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Even on street tires you should spin them a bit, just to clean them off. This is especially true if the track you're at has a messy water box or an unpaved parking lot.
yes, a quick spin to clean them or to dry them, since most tracks dont give you the option to drive through a dry area before lining up, the just have a big puddle right in the middle right before the lane (i fking hate when they do that) im just saying, becauseracecar dude that do massive 10 second burnouts with their $50 street tires to heat them up mad tyte jdm style so they can stick betta'... why? just why? and me steriotyping? fk YES! i am!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #46
Frankenbike
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101739
What I Drive: 1995 Pontiac Trans Am, 2000 Harley

FF Reputation: 1 Frankenbike Good Standing Member
There is an alternative to swapping the turbo, but it's even more of a hassle. You could change the pistons/rods to get more compression, and run lower compression on the turbo through most of the range except near redline. But it means you'll always have to use premium.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #47
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
if i was to get the st i would only run premium anyways, that and i dont think anyone is making pistons and rods for the st??
Old 10-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #48
Hondaracer8
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102671
What I Drive: 07 Focus Dtech 2.0 Automatic sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Hondaracer8 Good Standing Member
Www.focusst.org has full custom tune support from SCT
Old 10-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #49
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLOW View Post
street tires dont need to be smoked or warmed up to get sticky... I always LOL when i go to the track and see ricers with street tires doing massive burnouts to make them "sticky"...

x2

Spin em over to knock off the dust and stones and pull up. Go AROUND the waterbox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenbike View Post
There is an alternative to swapping the turbo, but it's even more of a hassle. You could change the pistons/rods to get more compression, and run lower compression on the turbo through most of the range except near redline. But it means you'll always have to use premium.
I wouldn't call that an alternative to a larger turbo at all. Even after you have the motor built up and compression raised, the exhaust still has to exit the highly restrictive exhaust housing, and the intake is still crippled by the tiny impeller. The higher compression does make the engine more efficient with what it has, but there's a much finer line for safety that you end up on, and something as simple as a bad tank of gas can cause a very very bad day.
- Jody -

Bookmarks & Social Networks