Focus ST "Cleared to Build" - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast
 
6769MOPARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86108
Location: Powder Springs, GA
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

Posts: 431
FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Focus ST "Cleared to Build" - Tracking# 23963

My sales person just informed me that my ST has been "cleared to build". Exactly what does this mean in the whole process and when should I expect a VIN?

Thanks!



Last edited by 6769MOPARS; 11-03-2012 at 07:31 AM.
6769MOPARS is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
Flybigrc
Focus Enthusiast
 
Flybigrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 103155
Location: St. Louis, MO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Posts: 107
FF Reputation: 1 Flybigrc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I Just received my VIN yesterday with a build date of Oct 29th. My order was placed by the dealer on Aug 24th. These dates may give you some sort of timeline.
Flybigrc is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast
 
6769MOPARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86108
Location: Powder Springs, GA
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

Posts: 431
FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybigrc View Post
I Just received my VIN yesterday with a build date of Oct 29th. My order was placed by the dealer on Aug 24th. These dates may give you some sort of timeline.
Thanks. I guess I may be waiting until later in November. I ordered on September 19th.
6769MOPARS is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,378
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
My sales person just informed me that my ST has been "cleared to build". Exactly what does this mean in the whole process and when should I expect a VIN?

Thanks!
Once the order is accepted by Ford and scheduled to build a vin is generated. If the dealer has allocation it may occur the same week the order is submitted, if and only if they get it in before the scheduling report is updated on Wednesday night/ Thursday morning.

The vin gets generated long before the car is a physical vehicle.

When I ordered my car I should have asked if they had allocation as it turned out that they did not get the car scheduled until the second week after the car was ordered.
suss6052 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:07 AM   #5
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast
 
6769MOPARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86108
Location: Powder Springs, GA
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

Posts: 431
FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Once the order is accepted by Ford and scheduled to build a vin is generated. If the dealer has allocation it may occur the same week the order is submitted, if and only if they get it in before the scheduling report is updated on Wednesday night/ Thursday morning.

The vin gets generated long before the car is a physical vehicle.

When I ordered my car I should have asked if they had allocation as it turned out that they did not get the car scheduled until the second week after the car was ordered.
I must be in the same boat since I ordered my car on Sept 19th and was told it was "cleared to build" late last week. I'm in no hurry so it's not a problem as long as I get the car in late October/early November.
6769MOPARS is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,378
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
I must be in the same boat since I ordered my car on Sept 19th and was told it was "cleared to build" late last week. I'm in no hurry so it's not a problem as long as I get the car in late October/early November.
I meant when I ordered my car back in march, I've had mine since may, but its not an ST.
suss6052 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast
 
6769MOPARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86108
Location: Powder Springs, GA
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

Posts: 431
FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
I meant when I ordered my car back in march, I've had mine since may, but its not an ST.
OK. It seems to take 6-8 weeks from order to delivery and that's fine.
6769MOPARS is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
RazorbackMustang
Focus Enthusiast
 
RazorbackMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 102875
Location: Springdale, AR
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus, 2011 Mustang GT

Posts: 110
FF Reputation: 1 RazorbackMustang Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here's a timeline for you:

Ordered 8/24
Built 9/25
Delivered 10/5
__________________
Lucas
2011 Mustang GT
2013 Focus ST
RazorbackMustang is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #9
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast
 
6769MOPARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86108
Location: Powder Springs, GA
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

Posts: 431
FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorbackMustang View Post
Here's a timeline for you:

Ordered 8/24
Built 9/25
Delivered 10/5
Thanks, Lucas. How are you enjoying your ST?
6769MOPARS is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #10
RazorbackMustang
Focus Enthusiast
 
RazorbackMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 102875
Location: Springdale, AR
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus, 2011 Mustang GT

Posts: 110
FF Reputation: 1 RazorbackMustang Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
LOVE it! For the money I don't think this car can be beat, performance/utility wise. We had four adults in it Saturday night and it was no problem. It will EASILY outhandle my Mustang.

You're much more patient than me. I was losing sleep waiting on this thing to show up!
__________________
Lucas
2011 Mustang GT
2013 Focus ST
RazorbackMustang is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.