2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body - Page 19 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #181
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
Out of curiosity ... did your dealer even submit photos to Ford Warranty, or did they give resistance from the get go?

Fortunately for me (so far) my dealer has been pretty understanding/willing to help.
They gave resistance first but allegedly took and submitted pictures (I saw them at least pretend to take pictures. But that had to lie to Ford to claim that the hood damage was caused by something hitting the front of the car as well as the rear. Where as the only damage to the hood is underneath it between the head lamp and the
hood. Why bother with the service plan if they won't fix any warranty concerns within the first 6 months. I want my money back instead. Unless another dealer fixes it and brings me a loaner/rental covered by esp. Not happy with Ford at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #182
mcdiv
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94558
What I Drive: 2012 titanium, kona blue

FF Reputation: 1 mcdiv Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
My car just went in for an oil change and spent a full week at the dealer. I'd mentioned a few things like the headliner rattling, and the transmission grinding, but I also mentioned the paint chipping issue.

I talked to my service guy a couple times, he said they took pictures and sent them to ford to get approval, then they were sanding and painting, etc.

When I left the dealership I had paid 45 bucks, the cost of the oil change alone. I was pretty happy, until I got home and took a look at the awesome ford paint job that had apparently taken a week.

It was a little dab of touch up paint, which I couldn't really see because the tail light was so tight to the body. Of course it was easy to see when I pulled on the tail light because it's not secured properly and pulled away from the body way more than it should (a bit more than an inch). I know, I should've looked before I left but I trusted the dealer.

Not quite sure how I feel about this. I hasn't cost me any money, and they gave me a loaner. I can only imagine they're squeezing some money from ford acting like a fix took longer than it did? I don't really know. I guess I'll ask them what the hell is wrong with them when I go back to get my tail light attached properly, and maybe adjusted so it doesn't rub on the body.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #183
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdiv View Post
My car just went in for an oil change and spent a full week at the dealer. I'd mentioned a few things like the headliner rattling, and the transmission grinding, but I also mentioned the paint chipping issue.

I talked to my service guy a couple times, he said they took pictures and sent them to ford to get approval, then they were sanding and painting, etc.

When I left the dealership I had paid 45 bucks, the cost of the oil change alone. I was pretty happy, until I got home and took a look at the awesome ford paint job that had apparently taken a week.

It was a little dab of touch up paint, which I couldn't really see because the tail light was so tight to the body. Of course it was easy to see when I pulled on the tail light because it's not secured properly and pulled away from the body way more than it should (a bit more than an inch). I know, I should've looked before I left but I trusted the dealer.

Not quite sure how I feel about this. I hasn't cost me any money, and they gave me a loaner. I can only imagine they're squeezing some money from ford acting like a fix took longer than it did? I don't really know. I guess I'll ask them what the hell is wrong with them when I go back to get my tail light attached properly, and maybe adjusted so it doesn't rub on the body.
Hi there,

Feel free to reach out to Ford of Canada and get them involved. They can act as a liaison between you and your dealership and find a resolution. You can reach them at 1-800-565-3673.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #184
mrname
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104170
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST

FF Reputation: 1 mrname Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
Read your detailed post! Thanks! But is there any way you would be able to post some of the pics on here? I'd hate to register for ST Nation when I don't have an ST :) Plus, it would help a number of people that surely wouldn't register over there.

Hello,

The pictures from my postings at "http://fordstnation.com/focus-st-repair-shop-service/1858-rear-tail-lights-chipping-paint-4.html" can be found here "http://www.flickr.com/photos/36758460@N03/"

Cheers,
Old 10-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #185
pablo94sc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104464
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE Sport 5dr (5spd)

FF Reputation: 1 pablo94sc Good Standing Member
I'm hoping I don't get the run around like you did Suss when I drop the car off Monday after work for them to look at the panel gap on the rear hatch. Good luck!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #186
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo94sc View Post
I'm hoping I don't get the run around like you did Suss when I drop the car off Monday after work for them to look at the panel gap on the rear hatch. Good luck!
Both the dealer network and Ford don't seem to want to honor the warranty to fix something that should not have left the plant in such a condition, the dealer will happily take my insurance and bill me for the work of course, but why the hell should I have to pay for something they screwed up in the first place?

Ford for delivering a car in that condition and the dealer for failing to adequately inspecting the car when it came off the truck or before delivery. The hood is glaringly obvious even if the tail lamp might not have been. But because the dealer loves to lie to save themselves from doing the work and tells ford it looks like the car was hit on both ends (even though there is no such evidence on the hood, and a tiny little mark from a pebble or gravel possibly on the tail lamp which would not have knocked the lamp into the body in any way shape or form enough to do some damage to the body.)

Ford customer service division doesn't listen to the people who actually buy their products, only the dealers which sell them, and its really frustrating me.

Winter is coming and the hood will probably start to rust out already but is quality job one when it comes to appearance and fit and finish, apparently not.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #187
pablo94sc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104464
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE Sport 5dr (5spd)

FF Reputation: 1 pablo94sc Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Both the dealer network and Ford don't seem to want to honor the warranty to fix something that should not have left the plant in such a condition, the dealer will happily take my insurance and bill me for the work of course, but why the hell should I have to pay for something they screwed up in the first place?

Ford for delivering a car in that condition and the dealer for failing to adequately inspecting the car when it came off the truck or before delivery. The hood is glaringly obvious even if the tail lamp might not have been. But because the dealer loves to lie to save themselves from doing the work and tells ford it looks like the car was hit on both ends (even though there is no such evidence on the hood, and a tiny little mark from a pebble or gravel possibly on the tail lamp which would not have knocked the lamp into the body in any way shape or form enough to do some damage to the body.)

Ford customer service division doesn't listen to the people who actually buy their products, only the dealers which sell them, and its really frustrating me.

Winter is coming and the hood will probably start to rust out already but is quality job one when it comes to appearance and fit and finish, apparently not.
Rust warranty is pretty good, so let it rust and make them replace the entire body panel. :)

PS: I have those scratches around my tail lamps too. DS is just starting to show. PS is pretty visable. Oh, and my hatch has officially started rubbing the clear coat off the top of the bumper. My dealer is going to hate me when I show them my list.

Yet despite everything, I love the car. I'm getting 32.1MPG hand calculated (1mpg better than the computer) with 80/20 city/hwy driving.

Again, good luck!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #188
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Has anyone had a re-occurrence since the fix? Especially those that had the dealer do it? I just had mine fixed (they decided to replace the tail lamp and touch up the paint) ... and it appears the tail lamp is [B]still[B] rubbing the body ... I'll give it some time to prove it so, but I can't slide a piece of paper between it and the body.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #189
kevinxb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96008
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kevinxb Good Standing Member
I took my tail light off last week and added 2 washers under the suspect mounting pin. I had backed it out a couple turns a few months ago but I didn't have washers that fit at the time. I wanted to make sure the pin wouldn't back out because of vibration so I decided to add the washers. Surprisingly, it did not look like it had moved after driving around like that for a few months, but I wanted to be sure and take care of it before cold weather hits. I haven't had any more issues with the rubbing since I initially backed out the pin, but I would recommend using a few washers as others have mentioned in this thread.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #190
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
Glad I found this post! This weekend, I noticed there was a rubber/squeaking noise (coming from the left headlight) when closing my hatch. I repeated it like 10 times and noticed the headlamps is sqeaking and paint is coming off... almost 2 inches! Yikes!

Time to make an appointment I guess!

Bookmarks & Social Networks