SYNC System Thread - Page 26 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #251
Tyson
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99177
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, White Platinum, Titanium

Posts: 32
FF Reputation: 1 Tyson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ok this is just stupid there is no update available for me to download I did the sync status checker have confirmed updates showing this:

Sync VersionGen2 - V3.0.2
Confirmed installations
DA5T-14D546-AC
DA5T-14F496-AC
BT4T-14F497-AP

WHY is V3.1.1 (or V3.2.2) not available for me to download?

2012 TI and extremely frustrated I live in Canada are we just getting the shaft here? Not that I would be surprised not having Sync services here is just about the stupidest thing ever when they advertise it on commercials. BTW 4 computers, 3 browsers, and 3 operating systems later I found a computer that works with sync status checker utility. HOLY $%#@

in all honesty what are you dong FORD? YOU NEED TO FOCUS
Tyson is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #252
suss6052
Focus Addict
 
suss6052's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95752
Location: ..., MI
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Posts: 12,815
Points 9,903, Level 66
Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
ok this is just stupid there is no update available for me to download I did the sync status checker have confirmed updates showing this:

Sync VersionGen2 - V3.0.2
Confirmed installations
DA5T-14D546-AC
DA5T-14F496-AC
BT4T-14F497-AP

WHY is V3.1.1 (or V3.2.2) not available for me to download?

2012 TI and extremely frustrated I live in Canada are we just getting the shaft here? Not that I would be surprised not having Sync services here is just about the stupidest thing ever when they advertise it on commercials. BTW 4 computers, 3 browsers, and 3 operating systems later I found a computer that works with sync status checker utility. HOLY $%#@

in all honesty what are you dong FORD? YOU NEED TO FOCUS
They pulled the update period because it was bricking the interface between the climate control module's can bus and the MFT system as well as it not fixing most of the bugs and issues people had with it. Its not just Canada that's not supposed to install the update at the moment.
suss6052 is online now  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #253
saywhaat04
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85358
Location: Hyde Park, IL
What I Drive: 2007 Honda Accord EX-L

Posts: 14
FF Reputation: 1 saywhaat04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey folks, I'm going to be in the market very very soon for a new car, my current Accord is beginning to show wear and tear. I drove a new Focus Titanium sedan today, it was a great lil car. I'd be going for the Titanium Hatchback with a 5spd if I get one. I have one question though. I was able to sync my and listen to Pandora, but I was not able to get the pandora screen to come up on the display screen in the car I drove. Is there anyway I can have the screen com up?

I drove a new Accord today as well, and while the HondaLink screen looks far less futuristic and cool than the MyFord Touch interface, HondaLink was a LOT easier to use and the Pandora was easy to get too.

Is Pandora Internet radio an option on the Focus? I'm kinda clueless to this. I have an Android, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!
saywhaat04 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #254
skypilotofhope
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 98569
Location: West Lorne, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Hatchback SEL

Posts: 34
Points 358, Level 7
Points: 358, Level: 7 Points: 358, Level: 7 Points: 358, Level: 7
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 skypilotofhope Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SYNC Status Checker?

I downloaded the SYNC Status Checker onto a USB drive, inserted it into my USB port in my Focus (I have MFT), and went to confirm this on syncmyride.com and nothing happened. I received the msg, 'No USB drive with a SYNC log file detected.'

The instructions said that the softward would automatically copy onto the USB but there appears to be something wrong? Has anyone else had this? Suggestions?

Thanks.
skypilotofhope is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #255
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87742
Location: Rochester, NY
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Posts: 1,868
Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywhaat04 View Post
I have one question though. I was able to sync my and listen to Pandora, but I was not able to get the pandora screen to come up on the display screen in the car I drove. Is there anyway I can have the screen com up?

Is Pandora Internet radio an option on the Focus? I'm kinda clueless to this. I have an Android, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!
No, the Focus currently does not have Applink. That is what would be required to get Pandora on the screen. You can launch Pandora from your phone and stream it BT through MFT and it will play fine but all you will see is the track name/artist name and you will be able to skip tracks with the steering wheel button but that is all of the functionality you will get with MFT in its current form.
__________________
.
.......here's a lockpick. It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.
copernicium112 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #256
lewisra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 592
Points 1,369, Level 20
Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilotofhope View Post
I downloaded the SYNC Status Checker onto a USB drive, inserted it into my USB port in my Focus (I have MFT), and went to confirm this on syncmyride.com and nothing happened. I received the msg, 'No USB drive with a SYNC log file detected.'

The instructions said that the softward would automatically copy onto the USB but there appears to be something wrong? Has anyone else had this? Suggestions?

Thanks.
I've read other have had problems with this. What are you trying to accomplish?
lewisra is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #257
peridigm
Focus Enthusiast
 
peridigm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103341
Location: Rising Sun, MD
What I Drive: 12', Ti wrapped

Posts: 90
FF Reputation: 1 peridigm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
When I got in my car yesterday and started it up I noticed the Sirius favorite buttons were blank. Several stops and restarts later the problem still exists. I started flipping through the favorites to see if they would reappear. When I clicked on Sirius 1 and switched to Sirius 2, they came back. I cycled through to Sirius1 again and all labels were back.

Thats all. Just thought I would add this to the list of Sync issues.
peridigm is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #258
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87742
Location: Rochester, NY
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Posts: 1,868
Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peridigm View Post
When I got in my car yesterday and started it up I noticed the Sirius favorite buttons were blank. Several stops and restarts later the problem still exists. I started flipping through the favorites to see if they would reappear. When I clicked on Sirius 1 and switched to Sirius 2, they came back. I cycled through to Sirius1 again and all labels were back.

Thats all. Just thought I would add this to the list of Sync issues.
Yep, that is a common one. MFT update 3.2.2 supposedly fixed the issue but I have not messed around with Sirius enough since I installed it to see if it really did or not. Some over at SMR are reporting that it did not though. What version of MFT are you on?
__________________
.
.......here's a lockpick. It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.
copernicium112 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #259
peridigm
Focus Enthusiast
 
peridigm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103341
Location: Rising Sun, MD
What I Drive: 12', Ti wrapped

Posts: 90
FF Reputation: 1 peridigm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yep, that is a common one. MFT update 3.2.2 supposedly fixed the issue but I have not messed around with Sirius enough since I installed it to see if it really did or not. Some over at SMR are reporting that it did not though. What version of MFT are you on?
Not sure which version. My car was built in May and I bought it Aug 30th. I've been meaning to check but just never got around to it. Other than the button labels, I have the no phone pairing issue, and the Sat Nav SD card not being detected or something about it being faulty. I click the button on screen and the Sat Nav starts working again. These issues are relatively minor to me. I would rather not lose Climate Control from the update. I'm an IT guy and see all too often how software updates go wrong and then you are stuck waiting for an update to the update.
peridigm is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #260
MichaelJD1980
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Fan#: 55223
Location: Lake Orion, MI, MI
What I Drive: 2013 Tux SE Black Pack 5MT

Posts: 393
Points 1,149, Level 18
Points: 1,149, Level: 18 Points: 1,149, Level: 18 Points: 1,149, Level: 18
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 9 MichaelJD1980 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
No, the Focus currently does not have Applink.
Non-MFT 2013 focus now has AppLink.
MichaelJD1980 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat