2000-2004 F-Sport Bumper Group Buy - Page 48 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Deals > Group Buys & Hot Deals!

Group Buys & Hot Deals! This section is the place you'll find Hot Deals and Special Vendor Discounts offered by our Vendors and Approved Group Buy Sellers.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #471
LouBomb
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

FF Reputation: 9 LouBomb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Finally talked to my body guy, and he himself is shocked at the poor quality this bumper is. Trying to fit this bumper stress cracks pop up at every bend. This guy is one of the best custom body work guys in Chicago mainly known in the lowrider community... And he will have to cut my bumper in 3 pieces and refill it with a rubber flex in order for it to sit flush.. No other way for this bumper to be installed and be durable. Thanks E.D. You have cost me more in custom work then the bumper itself.. Great...
Focus Revolution Club
Formely IMPORTKILLA35
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #472
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
That is really sad Lou. Obviously either the flexibility of Duraflex as shown in their video is a lie or they aren't really putting it in. At least not in this bumper. Just try what they do in the video with the Fsport bumper and see if it survives with almost no noticeable damage like it does in the video. Apparently it can't even be flexed much at all without cracking. Maybe if they made their parts here they could actually speak to them. Very very disappointing.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 10-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #473
LouBomb
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

FF Reputation: 9 LouBomb Good Standing Member
The owner of the company said he's worked with duraflex products before, and this doesnt seem like its a true duraflex.
Focus Revolution Club
Formely IMPORTKILLA35
Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #474
ah1f39
Alone in the Cave

Fan#: 70006
What I Drive: 2000 Explorer 4x4, 04 Mini Cooper S

FF Reputation: 28 ah1f39 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Been watching these. Glad I didn't get one. It appears the that it is junk. Bad fit, poor quality.

I feel for those that did buy them. Hopefully E.D. will make good.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #475
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah1f39 View Post
Been watching these. Glad I didn't get one. It appears the that it is junk. Bad fit, poor quality.

I feel for those that did buy them. Hopefully E.D. will make good.
This.

Will have to think twice about getting the ProDTM cuz it may just be glass with little to no Duraflex in it like this bumper.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 10-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #476
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!

Fan#: 58277
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

FF Reputation: 10 SvviftSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Wow Lou. That really sucks. Sorry to hear that
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)
Old 10-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #477
Extreme Dimensions
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 53558
What I Drive: Too Many To List

FF Reputation: 2 Extreme Dimensions Good Standing Member
I'm seeing a lot of issues here, mainly with the composite of the product. I hope you folks understand that Duraflex is fiberglass at the end the day just with a flex resin that we've formulated ourselves. Not every bumper is going to have the same time of durability or flexibility as the bumper you see in our Duraflex video. It is all based on the type design, the type car its far (dimension wise) and etc. I think a lot of you here were expecting to get a Urethane product for the price of what you received your product for. I still don't see major issues in the fitment.

Lou, I understand you've gone to a body shop to install the front bumper. Another customer installed this at his home and it fit fine with the exception of some trim work that was needed towards the headlight. We do offer 100% customer satisfaction and if you are truly not happy with your bumper you are more than welcome to file a case with our customer service department for an exchange or possibly a refund depending how what the exact issues are. We're not trying to hurt anyone here financially and for the price point that this part was at, it definitely wasn't a rip off.

PM with your email address and order number if you want to file a Case and we'll be more than happy to look at it for you. Remember, before filling the case you will have to provide pictures of there being actual fitment issues, the composite is Duraflex, we have nothing else in our manufacturing facilities. We're not going to make a 100,000 gallons of Duraflex resin and purposely try to screw someone/a group over by making 10 gallons of traditional resin. Try to look at it through our eyes as well, please. I am not going anywhere. I apologize for the lag in response time as I've been switched to another position here. Now I am doing the work of 3 people instead of 1..
**Group Buys Welcome**
Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #478
FocusHero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100491
What I Drive: 2003 Black Svt

FF Reputation: 1 FocusHero Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i am still interested in one of these ho much are they

SVT or die!!!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #479
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Just check their website. You can also pm them to see about the ff discount price they may offer. Shipping will probanaly be in $150 range.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 AM   #480
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

.....Also glad to see ED respond and be willing to take care of this issue. I know others and Myslef have been very critical about the apparent issues with this bumper. Still think overall its a good looking bumper. But I wil be passing on it.

However I do still like their ProDTM bumper and have hear some pretty good things about it. One member even hit a roll of carpet on the freeway with his DTM and the bumper was fine. The DTM design is apparently very durable. He had the bumper on his car for about a year and when he recently took it off and inspected itching he said he found no cracks or issues. This speaks volumes imo. DTM may be in my future.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->