anyone successfully gotten lemon law to take care of ford focus 2012 tranny problems!!! - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #41
mjb457
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96645
What I Drive: 12 Focus SE , 03 PT Cruiser GT

FF Reputation: 0 mjb457 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Trans

Remember.... There also is Federal Lemon Law in the USA if needed,,,,,( Im sure most issues can be fixed if right mechanic gets it..). -------- MJB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #42
StingRay
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 67421
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver ST

FF Reputation: 4 StingRay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
It is very easy if you dont want to read about people having problems dont open the thread, simple. It is great that you have not had any problems but a lot of people have not been so fortunate so I guess they all just need to quit posting so you are not so annoyed.....B-lou
I was saying they are posting their problems in threads that are not about having problems. So by what you are saying, I shouldn't be opening any threads in the third Gen section. Noted. I'm not saying you guys should stop posting to keep me from being annoyed, I'm just saying to keep it contained in the threads about having problems. And really, its not even you so much as its a few other members that do nothing but troll all the threads.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #43
rangerbay
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76247
What I Drive: 2001 white zts,2001 white wagon,

FF Reputation: 2 rangerbay Good Standing Member
What does QED and GTFAC mean? and does it involve animals?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #44
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
If you have nothing to contribute just shut up and I am sorry my typing skills are not up to your standards....I am trying to help you are just trying to insult me......B-lou
I've probably contributed more than you because I keep an even head and be as objective as possible I don't go around shitting on a car that I had problems with and keep coming back to a community that doesn't want me around.

That is you. No one wants you around.

Also, using ellipses is not a proper way to put together a sentence. I'm not sure why people think it is such a cool way to join sentences together but whatever, enjoy your arrogance.

Or you can GTFAC and leave us reasonable people be. Whatever makes you happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Unfortunately there are a ton of others like you who are trying to "help" people on this forum right now, when in reality all of you are bashing a car you previously had a problem with and has either been resolved or you got rid of the car. I try to get info on something in the 3rd Gen section and I'm stuck reading through a sea of unrelated posts in different threads about problems people had before I find any of the info I was originally searching for.

Its sad when there are plenty of people out there who have great experiences with their focii but none of them chime in on forums about said experiences, and instead it's a bunch of trolls who feel the need to bash the car constantly in every thread that they can.

Anyways, to the OP, I hope everything works out for you. Just remember every manufacturer will have its problems so don't disown an entire car company because of one bad egg! You could always try another model out.
This, so much.

People who are happy or satisfied don't need to come here and shout about it, we are happy. I am happy.

If I wanted to I could post all the things wrong with the car and all the things good and what not, but I feel no reason to. When people do have issues though I try and inject some sanity and logic and try and help but there is only so much I can do.

Ignore B Lou and others like him. Every forum has them. vwvortex is the best - or is that worst - for angry owners.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #45
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerbay View Post
What does QED and GTFAC mean? and does it involve animals?
Quad erat demonstrandum, basically means which has been demonstrated. Its undergrad math proof habit, seeing QED at the end of every single proof for every single theory, it sticks with you.

GTFAC?

Well, let's keep this place somewhat PG. I suggest you just google GTFAC. Its the first result.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #46
lexi321cat
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95012
What I Drive: 2012 candy red se 5 door

FF Reputation: 1 lexi321cat Good Standing Member
about focus 2012

I got a 2012 focus did roll back they stoped it alittle ,3 weeks after I got it the stearing went compleatly.now not even a year old the transmission is starting to slip but wont show up on sensors,did it once so far for 13 miles it was like driving a standard with clutch going but I have an automatic.you have any tranny problems like this
Old 10-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #47
dgoebel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101276
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red 5-DR Hatchback SEL

FF Reputation: 2 dgoebel Good Standing Member
B-Lou and others, it's a truly strange situation, we've only been driving our 2012 Focus since July, but it's been flawless, both my wife and I have driven it over 2000 miles, mixed in-town, highway, lots of hills locally, never had a single problem with the 6 Spd DCT tranny.

HOWEVER, I've learned from what you and others have posted about dealing with issues with dealerships, like making sure the actual issue is what's documented on the workorder. I can see how just a minor change could imply "that wasn't the same problem" when it really was.

My sincere condolences to ANYone who didn't get what they thought or felt they were purchasing. I hope you do get your issue resolved. It's not like the dealers and manufacturer's aren't getting better than the average customer...
No offense to car dealers or FoMoCo. I'm a die hard Ford Fan For Life.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #48
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
I am not bashing anything or anyone just trying to help people having issues so instead of insulting me get back on topic mr english teacher. I do have one question for you since you are such an expert on the focus, do you even know where the transmission is located????.. hint , it is somewhere between the engine and the front wheels......B-lou
Well, I'm no expert on such things like you, since you've spent all your life around cars like you claim and to you that makes your automotive knowledge more valuable (not really, but whatever makes you happy).

The tranny on the Focus is basically kissing the ass of the engine given how its FWD, transverse, and has unequal half shafts.

Or are you surprised that I know my way around a car enough?

Cause people like you are what makes forums like this a shit place. You clamour on about how you can tear down an engine and rebuild it blindfolded and you think that kind of knowledge somehow makes your opinion more valid.

I'm not the first one to say this to you, we all know you're hated by plenty, so just leave. You don't have the car, you don't give useful advice and you just shit on it at every turn possible hoping someone gives you sympathy for your 'troubles'.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #49
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoebel View Post
B-Lou and others, it's a truly strange situation, we've only been driving our 2012 Focus since July, but it's been flawless, both my wife and I have driven it over 2000 miles, mixed in-town, highway, lots of hills locally, never had a single problem with the 6 Spd DCT tranny.

HOWEVER, I've learned from what you and others have posted about dealing with issues with dealerships, like making sure the actual issue is what's documented on the workorder. I can see how just a minor change could imply "that wasn't the same problem" when it really was.

My sincere condolences to ANYone who didn't get what they thought or felt they were purchasing. I hope you do get your issue resolved. It's not like the dealers and manufacturer's aren't getting better than the average customer...
No offense to car dealers or FoMoCo. I'm a die hard Ford Fan For Life.
If we had more people like you who speak up when their car just works, 99% of the posts on Focus Fanatics would be just like yours.

The 1% will always be people with trouble, and I won't discount those with real issues but to assume that we speak for the majority of the car buyers is the biggest flaw to be made.

We don't speak for all the owners, far from it.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #50
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
I know this is off topic but.....hey mods you guys banned me from this site for saying a lot less then the profanity and insults being thrown at me tonight...what gives I am trying to help people in a good way with no bashing and am just getting 1 insult after another thrown at me.....do we have a double standard working here, seems like it to me......B-lou
Because you also lash out at others in a pretty ignorant way; I'm not claiming to be a saint here either so lets just move on and get back on topic.

Bookmarks & Social Networks