Timing Chain - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #41
klrfoucs
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89955
What I Drive: 08 Black SES Coupe Mtx

FF Reputation: 1 klrfoucs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
its a PZEV and has a lifetime filter. i removed it and installed a cone filter but recently had to put it back in so ford would warranty the clogged mani/cat it had last week.. and i do the fuel filter every 15k or so miles sometimes more often, and i had a buddy help me 2 summers ago instal e3's what a HUGE mistake that was.. 56 miles from town had the number 2 plug back completely out just so happened to be one of the 2 plugs my buddy installed.. all bad not knowing at that time i drove it on 3 cylinders all the way to my local ford dealer 1200 later got it back fine they said nothing was damaged so about 30k ago it got brand new oem plugs the ford installed haven't changed them since,I've heard a tune gets rid of the rough idle but its alot worse then it has ever been?
2dr Mtx SES#037
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #42
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Have you cleaned out your throttle body? I switched out my plugs at 50,000 miles w/ Denso's iriduim ones.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 10-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #43
klrfoucs
Focus Enthusiast

I forgot to mention that. When the car was acting CRAZY due to the clogged cat, before i knew it was the cat when i re installed the stock pos lifetime filter i cleaned maf and throttle body i try to do that every other oil change, i did notice some oil in the bottom of the I/M though, is there a way i can remove the line coming from the back of the valve cover(oil breather) i think and just run a hose down with a filter on the end? i think that is where the oil is coming from, if im not mistaken oil in the intake is not good??
2dr Mtx SES#037
Old 10-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #44
SaleenT121
Focus Addict

Fan#: 57997
What I Drive: 05 Saleen Focus

FF Reputation: 3 SaleenT121 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrfoucs View Post
I forgot to mention that. When the car was acting CRAZY due to the clogged cat, before i knew it was the cat when i re installed the stock pos lifetime filter i cleaned maf and throttle body i try to do that every other oil change, i did notice some oil in the bottom of the I/M though, is there a way i can remove the line coming from the back of the valve cover(oil breather) i think and just run a hose down with a filter on the end? i think that is where the oil is coming from, if im not mistaken oil in the intake is not good??

Sounds like PCV replacement time, its under the intake manifold and a pain to replace.
Saleen Focus #74
-Carbon Hood and trunk
-SVT rear Disc brake conversion
-Custom fab turbo kit
-Built 2.0L by Turbo Turtle
Old 10-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #45
klrfoucs
Focus Enthusiast

i was just reading a thread about that
what part from ford is that exactly? in the diagram i see the top hose which is fine, a hose that looks like it connects to the block then into the oil separator is the pcv part of the lower hose behind the intake or should i replace the lower hose/line and the separator?
2dr Mtx SES#037
Old 10-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #46
SaleenT121
Focus Addict

Fan#: 57997
What I Drive: 05 Saleen Focus

FF Reputation: 3 SaleenT121 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrfoucs View Post
i was just reading a thread about that
what part from ford is that exactly? in the diagram i see the top hose which is fine, a hose that looks like it connects to the block then into the oil separator is the pcv part of the lower hose behind the intake or should i replace the lower hose/line and the separator?
The orange neck the hose is attached to going into the seperator is the valve.
It sits in that plastic case on the block.
Saleen Focus #74
-Carbon Hood and trunk
-SVT rear Disc brake conversion
-Custom fab turbo kit
-Built 2.0L by Turbo Turtle

Bookmarks & Social Networks