anyone successfully gotten lemon law to take care of ford focus 2012 tranny problems!!! - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #31
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
Maybe it is a troll maybe not but making fun of the guy if his problems are real is just BS....you guys made fun of me and my problems were very real....B-lou
Were real.

You no longer have the car.

QED, GTFAC.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #32
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbeav View Post
They paid everything. All of the earned finance charges, all of my warranties, the gap insurance, all taxes, they even had to pay for some aftermarket parts ( intake, HID lighting kit, LED lighting kit, aftermarket wing emblems) Hyundai is actually giving me more money back then I financed. Since the car only had 12002 miles on it at the arbitration hearing they only deducted like $ 2000 for reasonable use of the vehicle.
Cool. I will gather my receipts. The only aftermarket thing is the window tinting. However, I have the ext warranty, maintenance and taxes. So hopefully all is fair. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #33
Ronbeav
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104446
What I Drive: 2011 genesis coupe ordered 2013 ST3

FF Reputation: 1 Ronbeav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Cool. I will gather my receipts. The only aftermarket thing is the window tinting. However, I have the ext warranty, maintenance and taxes. So hopefully all is fair. Thanks for the info.
No problem good luck to you.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #34
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Get off my azz mister expert....I am trying to help people get their cars fixed ..I may not own one now but now know how to get things done and trying to help....way more productive the the smartazz comments you only have to contribute....B-lou
Actually, the case is pretty obvious in his case and like you said Lemon Laws vary state to state so your advice might not exactly apply to someone else.

Also, learn how to spell.

Unless you are actively going for 12 year old style YouTube comments.

If so, please continue.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #35
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Exactly! That was all there was to it. Had I have known I was going to win I would not have hired an attorney, but not many people win in the BBB process. Glad to hear you got yours settled. Did they pay you for taxes, ext warranties, etc?
Can you tell me a little more about the BBB process? We have to do it here as well. Did you just do the online form? Since it was 30 days did they only look at paperwork or did you need to set up a drive and whatnot? How long did they keep the car? Did you really not get much benefit from the lawyer? A PM would be good, but here works as well. Just trying to figure out what I might be getting myself into. Thanks for everything.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #36
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Can you tell me a little more about the BBB process? We have to do it here as well. Did you just do the online form? Since it was 30 days did they only look at paperwork or did you need to set up a drive and whatnot? How long did they keep the car? Did you really not get much benefit from the lawyer? A PM would be good, but here works as well. Just trying to figure out what I might be getting myself into. Thanks for everything.
Yes I just filled it out online. They needed all my paperwork including all repair orders, purchase agreement and current registration. They did inspect the car but it was a 30 minute thing. I just took it to their office and went for a drive with them. The reason I did not get a lot of advantage from having an attorney is because we never thought we would win the BBB case. We really expected to go to court. So basically I paid them to fill out the paperwork that I could have easily done myself. I think it is worth trying. If you have issues that you can reproduce in front of the inspector and it has been in the shop for those items, you have a good case. If not, well you are not out any cash, just some time and frustration.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #37
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hey everyone,

I just want to remind you that I'm happy to jump in and see how I can help. If you're experiencing any transmission issues, please reach out to me via PM with your VIN, mileage, dealer, and daytime phone number. I'll get to work!

If you retain the services of an attorney, I'm no longer able to assist as all communication will have to be handled via our legal team.

Have questions? Feel free to shoot me a PM.

Have a great weekend!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #38
Ronbeav
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104446
What I Drive: 2011 genesis coupe ordered 2013 ST3

FF Reputation: 1 Ronbeav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
All you have to do is fill out this online form. https://www.auto.bbb.org/lemon-law-complaint-form/ and wait for a package to come in the mail from the BBB. You don't need a lawyer for the BBB proceedings. You have to be eligible through your State's Lemon Law Statute which in Florida where I'm from is three times for the same repair or 15 or more days out of service. You are going to need copies of all service tickets or work orders plus any other documentation that may help your case. Once your case is filed you will have an answer back from the BBB in 40 days or less if the manufacture will settle or if you have to go to an arbitration hearing. If you have to to an arbitration hearing my advice is to be prepared with any and all documentation that will help your case. If it is a legitimate nonconformity the arbitrator will be more on your side than the manufacturer. If you are not satisfied with with the BBB decision you always can go forward with your State's Lemon Law. Try the BBB first because all it costs you is a little time and the worse than can happen is they say know. Do some research on your State's Lemon Law and good luck to you.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #39
StingRay
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 67421
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver ST

FF Reputation: 4 StingRay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
If you have nothing to contribute just shut up and I am sorry my typing skills are not up to your standards....I am trying to help you are just trying to insult me......B-lou
Unfortunately there are a ton of others like you who are trying to "help" people on this forum right now, when in reality all of you are bashing a car you previously had a problem with and has either been resolved or you got rid of the car. I try to get info on something in the 3rd Gen section and I'm stuck reading through a sea of unrelated posts in different threads about problems people had before I find any of the info I was originally searching for.

Its sad when there are plenty of people out there who have great experiences with their focii but none of them chime in on forums about said experiences, and instead it's a bunch of trolls who feel the need to bash the car constantly in every thread that they can.

Anyways, to the OP, I hope everything works out for you. Just remember every manufacturer will have its problems so don't disown an entire car company because of one bad egg! You could always try another model out.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #40
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
As far as I know, we Canadians don't have a ''Lemon law'' per say (feel free to correct me if we do). I have, however, recently found this that may come handy to Canadians owners having issues with any car company.

http://www.camvap.ca

I am seriously considering giving it a shot as my issues are not being solved and/or adressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Were real.

You no longer have the car.

QED, GTFAC.
GTFAC ?? Seriously, with a Camel ?? Eww, that's nasty man.

Bookmarks & Social Networks