anyone successfully gotten lemon law to take care of ford focus 2012 tranny problems!!! - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #21
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visioned View Post
I wonder if he is happy with the three serious recalls on the Escape within two months.
Since two of them applied only to the 1.6L and afaik he's got a 2.0L titanium Escape he's probably doing just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #22
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiaclover812 View Post
filing a lemon law suit against Ford over the powertrain/transmission problems. Anyone else get it dealt with yet?????
I just got repurchase paperwork for my attorney. I have the transmission issues and other electrical issues too. Took the car to the BBB and they inspected it and drove it. I just got the letter from them that Ford must buy back my car. All I really wanted was the car I paid for in working condition and free of constant bugs. This could not be achieved so I will be sending it back. Bitter sweet really. I really like the Focus and that was the reason I bought it. Now I have to start all over again.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #23
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

For the record, I am likely to replace the Focus with a new 2013 Fusion Titanium. A little bigger but damn sweet!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #24
engine ear
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5447
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 engine ear Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Took the car to the BBB and they inspected it and drove it. I just got the letter from them that Ford must buy back my car.
BBB can't make Ford buy it back. That's not gonna happen. All BBB does is take and file complaints. When they send a letter to the other party and that party responds, that's pretty much it. When someone calls BBB to check on a business' history and that history shows responses to complaints, all BBB can do is tell that person said business is ok. If the business doesn't respond to BBB investigations that's when that business gets the negative reviews.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #25
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine ear View Post
BBB can't make Ford buy it back. That's not gonna happen. All BBB does is take and file complaints. When they send a letter to the other party and that party responds, that's pretty much it. When someone calls BBB to check on a business' history and that history shows responses to complaints, all BBB can do is tell that person said business is ok. If the business doesn't respond to BBB investigations that's when that business gets the negative reviews.
You say this with some certainty. However you would not be correct in this case. The BBB arbitration is binding arbitration and that means indeed the manufacture must abide by their decision. The reason why is they lobbied to have the law written to make the BBB a prerequisite to filing an actual lawsuit in the state of Kansas (and other states as well). The reason why is it adds a layer that a consumer must get past before they file against them. This is time consuming and many people give up and just go away. The manufacturer MUST abide by any decision the BBB imposes.

If you need you can look up BBB Kansas lemon law on Google. I also have an attorney, so I am 100% certain this WILL happen.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #26
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
ryanmicheal22 seems to be having serious issuses with his car and you guys are just making fun of him as you did to me months ago....why dont you try to help him get his car fixed.....Ryanmicheal document all the issues you encounter with times and dates then call ford customer service then give your dealer some chances to repair the problem if the problems are not resolved hire an attorney.....If these problems were happening to the people with foci that have no issues I wonder what you would do probably the same thing the people with issues are doing trying to get your car fixed......B-lou
The guy they were making fun of posted a ridiculously trollish comment written as if it was by a 12 year old. Then he posts it or a slight variation 3 times.

Plus, it is physically impossible to dangerously slide backward on a "slight incline" if you know how to drive. Does he normally stop on an incline and take his foot off the brake? Most cars will slide backward on an incline if no brake is applied. It's due to this thing called GRAVITY. :)

Sorry, but the whole thing just seems like a massive troll.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #27
Ronbeav
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104446
What I Drive: 2011 genesis coupe ordered 2013 ST3

FF Reputation: 1 Ronbeav Good Standing Member
^+1
I just used the BBB autoline program in Florida to lemon my 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe and the previous poster is right about the arbitration decision being binding. You just have to make sure you document ever problem with the car and that you are able to recreate the nonconformity during the test drive with the arbitrator. Show how the nonconformity substantially impairs the use, value and safety of the vehicle and you have won. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Good luck to you.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #28
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah Kansas just says a reasonable number of attempts. A number is not included. However I won mine based on the number of days it was out of service. Kansas clearly states 30 days within a calendar year. My car has been in the shop 40 days since Feb and the problems are still there as evident during the inspection and test drive. So YES Ford is going to repurchase the car and YES it will happen. The car has so much potential, what a shame.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #29
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbeav View Post
^+1
I just used the BBB autoline program in Florida to lemon my 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe and the previous poster is right about the arbitration decision being binding. You just have to make sure you document ever problem with the car and that you are able to recreate the nonconformity during the test drive with the arbitrator. Show how the nonconformity substantially impairs the use, value and safety of the vehicle and you have won. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Good luck to you.
Exactly! That was all there was to it. Had I have known I was going to win I would not have hired an attorney, but not many people win in the BBB process. Glad to hear you got yours settled. Did they pay you for taxes, ext warranties, etc?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #30
Ronbeav
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104446
What I Drive: 2011 genesis coupe ordered 2013 ST3

FF Reputation: 1 Ronbeav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Exactly! That was all there was to it. Had I have known I was going to win I would not have hired an attorney, but not many people win in the BBB process. Glad to hear you got yours settled. Did they pay you for taxes, ext warranties, etc?
They paid everything. All of the earned finance charges, all of my warranties, the gap insurance, all taxes, they even had to pay for some aftermarket parts ( intake, HID lighting kit, LED lighting kit, aftermarket wing emblems) Hyundai is actually giving me more money back then I financed. Since the car only had 12002 miles on it at the arbitration hearing they only deducted like $ 2000 for reasonable use of the vehicle.

Bookmarks & Social Networks