Deck install in a 2003 focus zx5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
dallasneufeld
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96116
What I Drive: 2003 yellow ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 dallasneufeld Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Deck install in a 2003 focus zx5

I plan on installing a double din Pioneer AVH- P1400 DVD deck in my car this weekend and i was wondering if i will need to buy a relay in order to bypass the handbrake or if i can simply ground out that line so that the video works while driving. And also i understand ill have to dremel out my dash a bit to make the deck fit so if anyone has any tips on that it would be great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
flying canadian
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103951
What I Drive: 2003 focus zx4

FF Reputation: 1 flying canadian Good Standing Member
As far as I know, in all of Canada that is illegal. I know at my co-op that I did at a car audio shop last semester that if we were to do that and get caught it would cost the installer his license and would come with a hefty fine. I'm not saying that there isn't ways around it but I do suggest re thinking that idea.

Ben
Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
dallasneufeld
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96116
What I Drive: 2003 yellow ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 dallasneufeld Good Standing Member
well i'm not an installer so i don't really have a license to lose, but i didn't know it was illegal. I just think if i'm spending almost 200 bucks on a deck with a big screen i want to actually be able to see it!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
flying canadian
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103951
What I Drive: 2003 focus zx4

FF Reputation: 1 flying canadian Good Standing Member
I can understand that. I would love it too with my alpine but I can understand where the government comes from. It's the same principle as texting and driving. I believe this holds the same fine as that but don't hold my word look it up. I just would hate to see you pulled over for that.

Ben
Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
FocusontheZX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64304
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST II

FF Reputation: 5 FocusontheZX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Most of the new decks are smarter than they once were. Many of them now require the ground to be activated after the switched source is turned on. This means if you just ground the wire, the headunit will not activate the "parked" mode and will not play videos. There are a bunch of tutorials on youtube and google on how to use a relay that will allow you to this mod correctly.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

FF Reputation: 21 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
^This FTMFW

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes

Bookmarks & Social Networks