DCT over revving, car not accelerating. Dangerous - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #11
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
so dont call people out when you do not know.....B-lou

You're missing the point .... I didn't say you couldn't PAY $30K for it ... I said it was a $20K car (or considerably less) in the real marketplace (no matter the options) .... which is why the resale values are what they are. Mine was $16,500 (MSRP just under $21K) ... about $17,300 out the door ... and I have the exact same car as a $30K car ... without the electronic doo dads that don't seem to work very well anyway. No Sync ... no MFT .... no DCT .... That's exactly why the values are what they are on the used market. Because if you put a lightly used loaded economy car of almost ANY brand on the lot against a less loaded (or even stripped) brand NEW car .... for most buyers there is no choice in that decision ... it will usually be the NEW car that they choose.

Moral of the story .... don't buy loaded economy cars if you have any intention of getting rid of them in the first 4 years or so .... most will be way upside down if you have a loan .... or will lose vast amounts of the value if you paid cash. OR ... buy lightly used loaded cars a year or so old. It's the only way you won't get hammered on the value.

Honestly ... at $30K or more .... there are a helluva lot of better cars on the market than the Ford Focus. As good as it is ... it is what it is .... an economy car, and most people won't pay anywhere near $30K for an economy car. If you did .... well ... we now see what happens to your '$30K' car.

I agree that it has to be fixed whether it was $16.5K or $30K, and we wouldn't even be having this discussion if the car wasn't so riddled with issues that people are so frustrated with them that they're trying to get rid of them when they're only a year or so old.

I don't have any of the high-tech issues ... because I don't have any of the high-tech stuff ... but I do have the front suspension issue ... and it's starting to tick me off to the point that I'm just not crazy about the car as much anymore ... and I would NEVER recommend a Focus OR a Ford to anybody at this point. Maybe that will change if my suspension ever gets fixed.

REV

Bookmarks & Social Networks