Snorkel Delete - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #71
tonics
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102336
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 1.6 182ps

FF Reputation: 1 tonics Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
I got a new toy for $15 to get some readings on my phone.

Haven't got the AFR to work yet, maybe I need the full version? Anyways it will be interesting to see what the intake vs ambient temperatures look like when I'm actually driving (not idling in garage).

I also discovered that the little pull off panel for the OBD2 sensor on my car is broken (torn off at the bottom flap). Not sure why it is the first time I have ever accessed it :( Might be kinda better off though if I want to drive around with OBD2 Bluetooth device plugged in.

I haven't cut the flap yet, only removed the snorkel and I'm still using the stock air filter. Not sure I want to put on an intake in my nice quiet commuter car, but maybe an AEM dropin.
Yes its not designed for semi open readings you should remove the panel if you plan to read and drive hence you can easily break it with your left knee.From pic i see you're using Torque apllication ;yes it's the best for android .

All you have to do is log the files while cruising.Enable it from the options of the application and after then export the log file to your computer.By doing so you can check out the max. readings in the excel file .Look for the peak values "maf", "torque" ,"boost" ,"Pintake"...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #72
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
I got a new toy for $15 to get some readings on my phone.

Haven't got the AFR to work yet, maybe I need the full version? Anyways it will be interesting to see what the intake vs ambient temperatures look like when I'm actually driving (not idling in garage).

I also discovered that the little pull off panel for the OBD2 sensor on my car is broken (torn off at the bottom flap). Not sure why it is the first time I have ever accessed it :( Might be kinda better off though if I want to drive around with OBD2 Bluetooth device plugged in.

I haven't cut the flap yet, only removed the snorkel and I'm still using the stock air filter. Not sure I want to put on an intake in my nice quiet commuter car, but maybe an AEM dropin.
That app looks really cool and suddenly makes me want to get it. Does it data log?

The good thing about this mod, when coupled with an aftermarket drop-in, is that you get a good percentage of the performance gain that any of the aftermarket intakes are getting without the noise. If you keep the resonator attached to the box then your intake should be very close to stock quiet.

I tested a Typhoon intake on my car and I was not fond of the amount of noise it made (my personal opinion only). I deleted my resonator and blocked the opening, and that was the perfect sound for me. Coupled with this mod, a K&N drop-in, and 91 V-Power, I see mid 32 mpg's on my commute (Ti with handling package 18's).

For comparison, my mpg's with Newmission installed was approx 28-29, and my SEL (all OEM w/17's) never saw above 29 in the same commute driving.

Sent from my stupid phone.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #73
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
There are ways to fit an ELM327 OBD bluetooth adapter under the access panel. I have one plugged into mine and have the panel closed.

I used this extension cord: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00

If you plug that in, and unclip the OBD port from it's hole in the dash, you will have room to close the panel.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #74
indystar
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101011
What I Drive: Winning Blue Focus MK3 Sport

FF Reputation: 1 indystar Good Standing Member
Im defo thinking Bout this. Performance gains?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #75
tonics
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
That app looks really cool and suddenly makes me want to get it. Does it data log?

Yes it can log but do not expect too much from a cheap chipset, you have to extract the irrational ones.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #76
tonics
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
There are ways to fit an ELM327 OBD bluetooth adapter under the access panel. I have one plugged into mine and have the panel closed.

I used this extension cord: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00

If you plug that in, and unclip the OBD port from it's hole in the dash, you will have room to close the panel.
Yeah but if you drive alone there's no way to read the device at the same time,better to log.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #77
dyn085
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by indystar View Post
Im defo thinking Bout this. Performance gains?
Performance gains have only been shown on the dyno with the combination of the snorkel delete and the replacement filter. That is only hp/tq measurements, though, I cannot confirm or deny real world performance (mpg's, drive-ability) outside of the combination.

Edit: Actually, I can say that drive-ability is improved with the drop-in and no snorkel-delete. I can't confirm the snorkel delete with the OEM filter, though, as mine went circular file a few days after I purchased my Ti.

September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 10-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #78
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103386
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
So I went to plug in the OBD2 BT module in and the cover broke off at the flap.

Granted it was only held on by a thread anyways....

3k miles and I already need to order a new dash piece? The snaps alone are not enough to hold it in place.

Would this be covered under warranty? Or should I just throw the cover away?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #79
Dialed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100454
What I Drive: '12 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Dialed Good Standing Member
Did this yesterday. Noticed some very minor gain. With the FSWerks intake no sound difference however I can definitely tell much more cold air is reaching the intake and this mod would shine in the summer during hotter months.

Just an fyi, this is a bitch to do alone without a. breaking pieces or b. cutting the shit out of your hands or both. I unfortunately did both.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #80
dyn085
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialed View Post
Did this yesterday. Noticed some very minor gain. With the FSWerks intake no sound difference however I can definitely tell much more cold air is reaching the intake and this mod would shine in the summer during hotter months.

Just an fyi, this is a bitch to do alone without a. breaking pieces or b. cutting the shit out of your hands or both. I unfortunately did both.
Wow, sorry to hear you had a difficult time with it. Mine went pretty easily, though it was a tight fit to get my hands in there.

I wonder how the FSWerks intake would do if you had a version of the Newmission mod, with the outlet directed toward the filter...

September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Bookmarks & Social Networks