2012 Focus Titanium Wagon - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #21
disciplerocks
GT40 all the things!

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

Points 13,185, Level 74
Points: 13,185, Level: 74 Points: 13,185, Level: 74 Points: 13,185, Level: 74
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Blue View Post
They kind of did. As in the old Focus wagon and not enough sales to continue it.
I can see them not offering us a wagon if they didn't have one at all. But they do. So the sales thing is BS in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Ford didn't bother to ask "us Americans" if we wanted one or not.
This is sig worthy. Y NO 3 DOOR?!?!?!
89 Bronco II XLT Crawler
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #22
BadCoder
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99331
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 BadCoder Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Definately would have picked up a wagon over my Titanium Sport... Car looks great..
Old 10-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #23
majorChibi
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103279
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

Points 173, Level 3
Points: 173, Level: 3 Points: 173, Level: 3 Points: 173, Level: 3
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 majorChibi Good Standing Member
I like the rear passenger headrests.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #24
WhiteT5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93993
What I Drive: '04 Saab 9-5 Aero

FF Reputation: 1 WhiteT5 Good Standing Member
I absolutely would've bought a Focus wagon if it was available Stateside, even if it came at a premium over the sedan/hatch. I love wagons. They make so much sense, it's ridiculous. It handles like and has the efficiency of a car, but has the utility of a mid size FWD crossover/SUV (a format that sacrifices handling/connectedness for higher ride height).

The Focus is my wife's car and she likes the sportiness of the hatchback, but me, I can't see myself driving anything other than a wagon. The general lack of availability of wagons here worries me. Even worse is trying to find a wagon available with a manual transmission.

OP: You have the perfect Focus. Looks awesome!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #25
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

Points 653, Level 13
Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Every time I see a Focus wagon I love it. They bring to mind the Volvo Sport Wagons that we used to see in the States that I used to love the looks of but the Focus is way better looking. Many active families that skied, cycled and so on together owned these in the USA but now I see that Volvo (which Ford owned for awhile but sold to a Chinese group) only sells the jacked up, expensive "crossovers" too and no wagons in the USA.

So apparently there's a load of auto execs that have convinced themselves that Americans only want the heavier, often 4WD, high center of gravity gas hog crossovers. What they're probably really thinking though is that they're going for some of the glory days of the profit margins they used to see on SUVs which they probably couldn't get from wagons. For example the Volvo S60 sedan is priced from $31750 to $43950 while the XC60 crossover starts at $34200 and the higher end one starts at $44650. If you look at the MPG specs for the 2WD versions you get 19/25 for the CO and 21/30 for the sedan and of course both 4WD versions get worse from there. Whether this is a good long term strategy in the times of ever increasing fuel prices is very questionable to me.

New Volvo wagon, also not sold here.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:03 AM   #26
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

Points 653, Level 13
Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13 Points: 653, Level: 13
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by caman View Post
Mine manages about 48mpg (4,9 literes per 10k) and that is wit an diesel engine that produces about 302 pound-force (410nm).

With hard driving in the wintertime, with every systems active I have not been able to go any less than 38mpg.

I think this is respecible numbers.
They sure are, especially the torque figure combined with the fuel economy one. Diesels are another thing we don't get here for the most part either. I think that's because our gasoline has always been cheap and the fact that hardly any Americans think about CO2 emissions because it's not taxed here.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:15 AM   #27
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,903, Level 66
Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
They sure are, especially the torque figure combined with the fuel economy one. Diesels are another thing we don't get here for the most part either. I think that's because our gasoline has always been cheap and the fact that hardly any Americans think about CO2 emissions because it's not taxed here.
California emissions in particular are not kind to diesels. Diesels may emit less CO2 but at the same time they typically produce far more particulate matter and NOx emissions both of which are much more tightly controlled in the U.S. than they are in Europe where the diesel roams free in the passenger car.

They require expensive exhaust after treatment systems to pass the U.S. regulations, and the purging processes burn more fuel to clean up the exhaust. Mercedes, BMW and all the bigger truck diesels require selective catalyst reduction technology using urea injection to try and combat the NOx emissions. Only the smaller VW diesel had made it past the emissions testing without the full urea treatment, getting by with particulate filters/traps only.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #28
Hodge Podge
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96120
What I Drive: 2012 5-Dr Se Sport Pkg Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 1 Hodge Podge Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by caman View Post
Does Ford belive the market is to small in North America, or are "you Americans" so used to oversized vehicles, that you will not consider it as an alternative?
Wagons would be more than adequate for a lot of folks here, and I personally like the looks.

During the SUV craze, people wanted nothing but bigger. Over the last few years though, many have downsized for fuel economy etc. If the trend continues, the wagons may make a big comeback here.

On the oversized thought though, some of us still need the "oversize" capability.

My 2012 focus has a usable weight of around 840lbs. Add 4 adults at 180lbs each and you have 120lbs before you max out the car, so one had better pack light. Oddly, Focus' aren't rated to pull trailers over here.

So while the focus is the daily ride, I still need my full (oversized) truck for hauling two people, two ATV's and a long weekend's worth of camping gear. Having a bench seat (sadly it's a split, not a true) and being able to run over the occasional curb and just about anything else are nice perks too.

2012 Se Ingot Silver 5-Door w/ 201A & Se Sport Package
2001 Silverado 1500 RCLB 4x4 4.8L 5-Speed
Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #29
Burns098356GX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94777
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

Points 1,136, Level 18
Points: 1,136, Level: 18 Points: 1,136, Level: 18 Points: 1,136, Level: 18
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Burns098356GX Good Standing Member
I love that colour. Mars Red, isn't it? The European and Australian markets definitely have better colour options than the North American market.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile
Old 10-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #30
Hodge Podge
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96120
What I Drive: 2012 5-Dr Se Sport Pkg Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 1 Hodge Podge Good Standing Member
Living in a country that's known for it's love affair with the automobile, it is somewhat disappointing that we aren't even offered the great designs and performance packages available in so many other countries.

Example - Wagons in any variety, the Focus RS, and the various Ford and Holden rear wheel drive platforms from Australia would be particularly nice.

2012 Se Ingot Silver 5-Door w/ 201A & Se Sport Package
2001 Silverado 1500 RCLB 4x4 4.8L 5-Speed

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.