Well, it's been fun.. - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #21
CDNFocusFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99542
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CDNFocusFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Get well soon man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #22
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
Concussion, fractured rib, dislocated shoulder and knee, sprained wrist, thumb and ankle, bruised to hell, and airbag dust in my eyes... the usual sore neck and back. Oh, and paperwork (that can feel like an injury too! )
glad to hear you're ok.

As someone who has had a lot of head injuries, put it on your list in the settlement that you need to get neuropsych testing done ASAP and a followup at least two times in the next few years.

It's expensive, I doubt insurance will cover it. But it will help you figure out if you have an lingering effects of your brain injury.

Why would you want to know that? If you feel fine, everything is fine right? Wrong. The most common side effects are short term memory problems, which are nigh impossible to self diagnose and often lead to problems keeping jobs, problems in relationships, etc.

Trust me, I've had bad short term memory from age 20->39. It wasn't until I got tested and found I was in the 15th percentile for short term memory that it all of a sudden my life made sense. In between there, I'd been mis-diagnosed and treated for depression.

Here is some info about Mild TBI (traumatic brain injury). Please get this checked out. The medical world is getting its head arout TBI, finally.

http://traumaticbraininjury.com/symp...-tbi-symptoms/

edit: here is some info on the testing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuropsychological_test

The reason to do it asap is to get a baseline for future tests.

Best of luck,
gk
Old 10-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #23
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Thank you all for your kind wishes. Things are already improving quite a bit, so hopefully that continues.

Matmatician, that's awful you wrecked your Ducati... I was fortunate to not have any issues with the bikes, all things considered. Helmets are important! Might not have been a bad idea in the Focus either!

gkirk, that's some good advice. I'll be sure to keep close attention to that. Head injuries are sure scary in that sense... it takes a while to be assured you're okay, or to determine if something is wrong.

For those asking about what to replace it with, it likely won't be another Focus. I loved everything about the car (despite its hiccups here and there), but I think it would feel weird driving one again, and I don't need something practical anymore. Accord Coupe is on the short list, seem to be giving good deals on '12 models as they're redesigned for '13.

Thanks again for the kind words, everyone.. it's nice to hear.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #24
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Glad to hear you made it through relatively ok! Yeah, gkirk is right on with the head injury. Concussions can do nothing to you or cause all kinds of issues.
Keep on healin!

Take a look at the new Subaru BRZ!! Sounds like a great car that balances sport and efficiency...

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #25
Altis
Focus Addict

Thanks, st falcon. I looked at the BRZ, it was alright but too much Toyota for my taste... interior was pretty bland, terrible aftermarket type stereo, cheap materials... RWD was nice but it's hardly worth it with the motor it has. Nice looking car, I liked some of the standard kit, like HID headlights. For the money, though, I'd take an ST over it in a heartbeat.

Looks like it's Accord coupe, though.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #26
F35-JSF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 102775
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black SE, 08' ZZR-600

FF Reputation: 2 F35-JSF Good Standing Member
Too me the new accord looks too much like a evolutionary leap from the 2000 model. Like they sidelined this model and came back to it 11 years later. No ST?
:lol:Modding is whatever you define it as. Some people wanna boost, some people need 10 TVs, and some of these homos feel compelled to LED their cars front to back.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #27
Altis
Focus Addict

I think it's the nicest Honda in the lineup right now. I have no need for a hatch or four doors anymore as I have a company car. I like the Accord's powertrain quite a bit, and the little things like remote windows/moonroof, and being able to turn off the nav screen at night (I'm quite sensitive to light).

The Focus was a great car and I'll miss it dearly.

Bookmarks & Social Networks