Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 4,324, Level 41
Points: 4,324, Level: 41 Points: 4,324, Level: 41 Points: 4,324, Level: 41
Level Up 87% Completed
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
My Regional Customer Service Manager called me today and I explained the situation to her...and she said it's up to the dealerships on whether they want to check into something or not. If they say no there's "nothing" that corporate Ford can do to overturn it.

She said there would be nothing she could do if the service techs or service manager refuse to do something.

I now have a conference call Friday with a corporate engineer to discuss what is happening and what could be causing it. Apparently initiating a discussion on concentric dry dual-clutch transmission systems is a bit too complicated for a regional customer service manager. She attempted to tell me, once again, that that's how the cars operate...which flies in the face of the countless other dual-clutch transmissions in the world that don't operate this way at all...especially if turning off the TCS fixes the problem completely.

Either way, the issue didn't start until the update was applied (the conglomerated update of the TCS, ABS, and Tranny)...so it wasn't something in the way the transmission was *designed*, which is what every service tech has told me up until this point. The worst part is there's really nowhere else to go from here other than starting a lawsuit, which I'm definitely not above doing. In the coming months either the car will be fixed, the car will be bought back by Ford, or a lawsuit will be initiated. I'm definitely not driving a car for the next 10 years that operates this way. I didn't buy a car that operates this way, and I'll be darned if one is forced on me.
Sounds like the middle manager mouth breathers are getting in the way, hopefully talking to the engineer helps

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.