Focus Fanatics Forum banner

replacing rear wheel bearings.

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  joescool2008 
#1 ·
#3 ·
As the age old saying goes... "you get what you pay for"

Spend an extra few dollars and check out www.batinc.net

All their parts are manufactured in the UK & Europe to OEM Ford specs. I've purchased tons of parts from BAT for my SVTC and am getting ready to do a suspension overhaul/rebuild/upgrade my SVTF's worn out suspension.

#6 ·
Yeah, it does get expensive, but after having seen and replaced chinese bearings on cars within a year of replacement..........now youve spent $120 on 2 bearings + your time to swap....or you can get just the OEM bearings from steve for about $40-50ish a piece, but would still have to remove, take to a machine shop, press out old, press in new, replace.

However, if the old bearing scores the hub on exit, the hub itself may not longer be useful.

How long have your factory bearings lasted? I replaced one rear one so far about 5k miles ago and am at 114k miles. Then again, I reside in a subtropical climate...

#7 ·
thats the problem with one of the hubs , it is off the car , bearing is out and inside of hub doesnt look that good. those have unkown miles , the ones on my 05 only have like 80k , but i figure why not replace them.

#8 ·
I put timken in mine, the assurance of not having to change it or do the work again soon is well worth the extra $. I bought my rear bearing for 42 bux at autozone. I've read the chinese manufacture to oem specs however they cheap out on the material they use. Like highly carbonated steel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.