My Ford Touch Thread - Page 230 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #2291
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Or you can download it here and you do not have to register for a new forum to get it.

http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html

@ lewisra-

It is funny, when I try to post the above link for people over at SMR the mod won't put it up and keeps switching it. Go figure.
Yeah, when you(they) posted that link on SMR I tried to go to it and it took me to a Ford sponsored link that was useless. I'll start refering people to outofmytouch.com, if I can remember it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #2292
skypilotofhope
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98569
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Hatchback SEL

FF Reputation: 1 skypilotofhope Good Standing Member
Thx for your feedback, folks. I did a Master Reset and it worked. But a pita it is. Thx for the link to the delayed reboot app. Nice!
Old 10-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #2293
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilotofhope View Post
Thx for your feedback, folks. I did a Master Reset and it worked. But a pita it is. Thx for the link to the delayed reboot app. Nice!
Yup, doing a master reset is a real PITA and unfortunately only a short-term fix, the problem will return it's just a matter of time.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #2294
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Ran into a new one (for me) yesterday...

Was driving down the interstate, listening to BT Audio or iPod - forget which one. System kind of froze up so I was expecting to see the infamous Sync screen, except it started working like normal again after a minute or so. Until, about 30 seconds later...

"The application has encountered a serious error. The system is now shutting down."

(paraphrasing - but it was close to that)

A genuine, old-school Windows error box popped up on-screen! With the X in the corner and everything!

Unfortunately it was only on there for about 5 seconds - I tried to snap a photo but the screen had already gone blank by the time my camera app launched.

Anyway, yeah, the supreme quality of MFT continues to impress...

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #2295
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
"The application has encountered a serious error. The system is now shutting down."

(paraphrasing - but it was close to that)

A genuine, old-school Windows error box popped up on-screen! With the X in the corner and everything!
Yup - seen it. It's because the system runs on Windows CE for Automotive.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #2296
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Yup - seen it. It's because the system runs on Windows CE for Automotive.
Oh I know why it did it... just hadn't had the (mis)fortune of seeing a classic error box actually appear on the MFT screen!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 10-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #2297
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Oh I know why it did it... just hadn't had the (mis)fortune of seeing a classic error box actually appear on the MFT screen!
Had that happen to me a few times too. On one occasion it popped up, then mft rebooted itself, then it told me my backup camera had an error (i don't have one) and then it rebooted itself again and was fine later. My current problem is that it no longer reads my zunehd, but has no problem reading my slower zune 120.

I'm really sick of this garbage. It's literally shocking Ford put out a telematics product this bad, and its even more shocking it gets hardly any coverage in the press.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #2298
F'nClassy
Eh!

Fan#: 97270
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 6 F'nClassy Good Standing Member
On the weekend my MFT froze on my media/ipod screen...even after shutting off and restarting a couple times. It eventually fixed itself Sunday, then later in the day decided it didn't want to play my ipod anymore, it still said the song was playing the time counter kept going up, but it was playing the radio, I tried unplugging the ipod and plugging it back in (even when unplugged it still showed as plugged in) and restarting to no avail, will a master reset correct this?
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsken View Post
Instead of a "Dual Clutch", "Dual Personality" might be a better name.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #2299
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon666 View Post
will a master reset correct this?
Personally, the Reboot app has solved more problems than a master reset ever has.

Last edited by PratoN; 10-15-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Are you kidding me? This delayed autocorrect is confusing...
Old 10-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #2300
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon666 View Post
On the weekend my MFT froze on my media/ipod screen...even after shutting off and restarting a couple times. It eventually fixed itself Sunday, then later in the day decided it didn't want to play my ipod anymore, it still said the song was playing the time counter kept going up, but it was playing the radio, I tried unplugging the ipod and plugging it back in (even when unplugged it still showed as plugged in) and restarting to no avail, will a master reset correct this?
Probably (or run a delayed reboot if you don't want to wipe out all of your saved settings). If it doesn't, try resetting the iPod.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->