SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 51 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #501
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,138, Level 27
Points: 2,138, Level: 27 Points: 2,138, Level: 27 Points: 2,138, Level: 27
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey everyone, it's me again!

The update is currently unavailable (as I'm sure you're aware); once it's back up, I'll post to let you know. If anyone is experiencing concerns post update, please visit your dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
So I guess at this point I'll schedule a service appointment with my dealer to have the oil changed and the CC problem fixed since they're ignoring my emails and SMR won't answer my question.
Like I mentioned, I definitely recommend having your dealership check it out. Where are you sending emails to, oritpro? I'm happy to find out what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusinva View Post
I got an email back from sync support today where they basically acted like they had no idea what I was talking about....either they do not talk to one another, they are incompetent or they are liars....neither reflects positively on Ford.
For future SYNC or MyFord Touch-related questions, get a hold of me, Focusinva, I'll be your go-to girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole0675 View Post
I couldn't find the screen that tells me what version I'm running, but i still have the outside temp display next to the clock so I'm assuming it's still at v3.2.2
To confirm software version 3.2.2 was successfully installed, select the gears and go through the following menu options:

HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION > CCPU S/W VERSION

3.2.2 will translate to 4.29.12268.
3.0.2 (Performance Upgrade) translates to 4.29. 10203.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
Does this update affect those without the dual-climate control or MFT? I have the single-climate dial system, and just Sync (no MFT). Is the 3.2.2 update safe for my setup? Sync hasn't been updated for about 6 months now, and I was just looking to keep it updated.
The most recent (3.2.2) update is for MyFord Touch-equipped vehicles only. To see if there's an update available for your vehicle, log in to your Sync Owner account and click on the SYNC UPDATES tab:

https://secure.SyncMyRide.com/Own/Mo...ent/Login.aspx

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #502
Focusinva
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98059
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Focusinva Good Standing Member
I'm not trying to be a jerk here Jaclyn but people have been taking there cars to the dealership and the dealerships short of replacing the apim module have NOT been able to fix the issue we are having with the update. A lot of us have a hard time taking off work to head to the dealership if they can't fix it.

I think the big question is ... Is ford going to release an update that we can install at home that will fix the climate issue. The dealerships have the exact same 3.2.2 update that was released, so I'm not sure how going there will fix my problem.

I don't mean to take any frustration out on you, but these are the issues we have been dealing with for over a week now with no real answers.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #503
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusinva View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk here Jaclyn but people have been taking there cars to the dealership and the dealerships short of replacing the apim module have NOT been able to fix the issue we are having with the update. A lot of us have a hard time taking off work to head to the dealership if they can't fix it.

I think the big question is ... Is ford going to release an update that we can install at home that will fix the climate issue. The dealerships have the exact same 3.2.2 update that was released, so I'm not sure how going there will fix my problem.

I don't mean to take any frustration out on you, but these are the issues we have been dealing with for over a week now with no real answers.
I have to agree with you here. I'm all for taking the car to dealerships for a fix, but only if it really is a fix (I expected some issues with a completely overhauled Focus model). I've only heard of 1 person (so far...) that had success at a dealer.

If I have to take it into a dealer, fine, but I want to KNOW there is a for sure fix before I do.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #504
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Like I mentioned, I definitely recommend having your dealership check it out. Where are you sending emails to, oritpro? I'm happy to find out what's going on.
Jaclyn
I sent an email to the service team I was assigned to when I purchased the vehicle. The dealership has several service teams based on a color; red team, blue team, brown team, etc., and their emails are made available to us as customers if we ever have a question about our vehicle. The email asked if they could fix the CC problem, I didn't want to drive all the way out there just to find out they couldn't do anything about it.

I also sent emails to SMR but they seem to be in the dark as to what's going on.

If a user installable patch is coming I can wait, I just need to know what the next steps are.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #505
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
The update is currently unavailable (as I'm sure you're aware); once it's back up, I'll post to let you know. If anyone is experiencing concerns post update, please visit your dealership.
Jaclyn

Yeah, I'll just wait. "Once it's back up"? As in a new updated version of the recent update haha, or the same exact thing? I shouldn't have to waste my time out of my day, effort to go to my dealer and explain (because they probably don't know what's going on), and waste my gas to drive there, and patience of sitting around waiting for them to "hopefully" fix it, like a few on here have been unsuccessful because we all downloaded faulty software.... Give us a downloadable fix.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #506
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,835, Level 32
Points: 2,835, Level: 32 Points: 2,835, Level: 32 Points: 2,835, Level: 32
Level Up 57% Completed
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
Give us a downloadable fix.
I'm also fine with the dealers having the fix as long as there is a record of it (e.g. a TSB) that I can reference when I bring it in.

EDIT: Dealerships don't cover the "Oh, Joe Schmoe got a new APIM and that fixed it, so just do that." policy. (Even if it works.)
Old 10-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #507
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 3,770, Level 38
Points: 3,770, Level: 38 Points: 3,770, Level: 38 Points: 3,770, Level: 38
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
3.2.2 will translate to 4.29.12268.
3.0.2 (Performance Upgrade) translates to 4.29. 10203.
Please check those numbers. There is already too much MFT confusion.

3.0.2 = 12023
3.2.2 = 12156
Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #508
Tempusthales
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104155
What I Drive: 2012, Candy Blue, Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Tempusthales Good Standing Member
I took my car back to the dealer and reverted it back to 3.0.2. The climate wasn't the only issue but the bluetooth with the phone was another issue. It would connect with my iPhone and then about 30 seconds later it would show no phone connected. If I went into the settings it showed a phone connected but I couldn't make calls. I had to disconnect and reconnect to get it to make calls. The 3.0.2 connects to my phone right away. The 3.2.2 was real buggy. I can't believe Ford didn't do much more testing and find these issues.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #509
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I'm also fine with the dealers having the fix as long as there is a record of it (e.g. a TSB) that I can reference when I bring it in.

EDIT: Dealerships don't cover the "Oh, Joe Schmoe got a new APIM and that fixed it, so just do that." policy. (Even if it works.)
Yeah, pretty much that is what I meant. It just goes from one frustration to the next. Glad Ford isn't charging us for this carnival ride haha. It's hard for everyone to go to their dealer blind with just a "hopefully they will have a clue" gameplan. Give us something.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #510
PandaCar
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93756
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum Ti Hatch All Options!

Points 272, Level 5
Points: 272, Level: 5 Points: 272, Level: 5 Points: 272, Level: 5
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 PandaCar Good Standing Member
Without wading through 43 pages of posts, does anyone know if the disappearing "breadcrumbs" issue was fixed - the white dots, that left a a trail on the map, where you'd previously driven?
My complaint after 3.02, comunicated through SMR, was "will be addressed on next update".

Bookmarks & Social Networks