2012 Ford Focus, Quality Job None!!! - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #11
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just gotta find that right dealership who's going to help you out. They're out there.

OP, I hope Ford values your loyalty and business enough to really help out. This is my first Ford and despite my issues with MFT I love it. I haven't had any major issues so far with anything else, some things leave some to be desired but mine is a Job 1 build from June 2011, so thus far I'm pleased with how it's performed as a brand new model.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
My original dealer wouldn't fix the seat heaters becasue they claim the computer said they operated normally at 90-100F (nevermind the service document explicitly states 125F at the heater mat). I'm barely measuring 90F after a long time, but that was when it was in the 70s, when its been 39-43 F in the morning the seat heater barely gets into the mid 70s, maybe lower 80s on the drive into work, vs a temperature from the vents of 90-100F when set to 70F on the dz-eatc.

Oh and they don't want to warranty a factory defect between the alignment of the hood and the head lamp because they would rather claim that the rear tail lamp was damaged ergo the car was hit from both sides even though there is no evidence to support a claim of front end damage at all. Escalating things to the customer care manager is a joke, don't bother, all they will do is parrot whatever the dealer said and not fix anything. It kind of ticks me off quite alot. The tail lamp is grinding into the paint as well, but becasue there is a tiny black mark they claim the car was hit from behind. My question is then why is nothing else out of alignment on that side of the car?

I have pictures from delivery showing the issue with the hood and the head lamp, but they have the audacity to make another bold faced lie saying the car was hit on both ends. WTF. Nothing else is misaligned, and the only damage (minus surface scratching perhaps) is underneath the hood right next to the head lamp.

Seriously why bother having a warranty or extended service plan warranty if they will weasel out of every problem with the car by hiding behind "normal operating characteristics"?
Actually I have a problem similar to that, as well. My headliner has had a stain on it since the day I received it. It's the paint above the headliner near the passenger-side A pillar. There's a stain a bit bigger than an inch in diameter that's a light brown color. The dealership I purchased the car from tried to paint-treat it and failed, then told me they were ordering a new headliner. They've told me that for months, until I was at another dealership and they informed me that it was declined by Ford because it said it was a third party issue.

He re-submitted the claim, and it was denied again. Ford literally has the audacity to tell me that it was something that *I* did to cause this. It's a joke. The warranty I paid for is essentially useless because Ford has told me, on *EVERY* issue I've had with the car, that either it is meant to be that way or the problem was caused by something I did. As if I removed the adhesive and put my own on. It's the most ridiculous and infuriating thing I've ever heard.

Suffice to say, this will be the last Ford car I ever own. Despite my grandfather working 42 years for the company, I feel my allegiance has officially been taken advantage of. I'm currently looking at the best way to trade this thing in for a vastly superior car.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Suffice to say, this will be the last Ford car I ever own. Despite my grandfather working 42 years for the company, I feel my allegiance has officially been taken advantage of. I'm currently looking at the best way to trade this thing in for a vastly superior car.
Sucks, don't it? All of my siblings (4 of them) and my parents drive Fords. I mean... two of my brothers have Mustang tattoos. I feel bad saying I'll never buy a Ford again, but our dealers (or in your case, Ford for denying the claims) make it increasingly easier.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #14
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Sucks, don't it? All of my siblings (4 of them) and my parents drive Fords. I mean... two of my brothers have Mustang tattoos. I feel bad saying I'll never buy a Ford again, but our dealers (or in your case, Ford for denying the claims) make it increasingly easier.
I think I had better cancel the ESP contract now before it starts costing me more money to cancel. I think I might have used it just once or so for the rental car when they failed to address the seat heater issue, but unless Ford will acknowlegde that the dealer is wrong and try to make things right by the customer and fix the issues I've had rather than to deny them as either "normal" or something that I caused.

I certainly did not cause the hood or head lamp to be misaligned in such a way as to grind the paint off of the corner of the hood in less than 5000 miles. The gap is fairly uniform to the bumper as far as the eye can tell, but there was zero gap from day one to the lh head lamp which caused the damage to the bottom (b-side) of the hood, on top of the usual rubbing on the rear tail lamp.

I might lose an argument over that one, but if something did hit that one it would have to have been so slightly as to only damage the lamp it self, that side was tight to the body to begin with and was scraping as well as far as I can recall.

It certainly doesn't feel good to be treated like an idiot, or like I don't know anything about how the car works when I can show them the direct pages from the service manual that call out a specific result. They claim the resistances are in specification, yeah if you take the lowest range for the comfort seat base. No resistance value was given to me for the seat back either. Only the S and SE even used the comfort seat frame, the SE sport, SEL and Ti all used the Sport seat frame and have a different set of resistance values, the lowest of which is higher than that of the number given to me for the seat base.

Why call out temperatures at the mat if you're going to lie and deny they exist in the first place? WTF.

I actually like the transmission, but so far mine's worked well for the most part afaik, but its the way they act and the way they hide behind whatever the dealer tells them will cost them less money that really irks me.

I hope they realize that trading the former loyalty of people who liked the company and its products in the past for the short term profit of the sale of one car is blind and short sighted.

I would have considered either a Fusion, ST, or Mustang at some time in the future, but now I'm not as sure.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #15
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder: If you're experiencing any concerns with your 2012 Focus, I want to step in and see how I can help. Send me a PM with your VIN, estimated mileage, preferred servicing dealer, and daytime phone number. I'll do some investigating and get your regional Customer Service Managers involved.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder: If you're experiencing any concerns with your 2012 Focus, I want to step in and see how I can help. Send me a PM with your VIN, estimated mileage, preferred servicing dealer, and daytime phone number. I'll do some investigating and get your regional Customer Service Managers involved.

Thanks,
Crystal
The visit my car is currently on to the dealership was *initiated* by my regional customer service manager. They just said "nothing is wrong" and refused to even look at the clutches because they said the computer reports no errors.

For reference: Just because the computer reports no errors does not mean there's nothing wrong with the operation of the car. Refusing to even look into something that a customer specifically asks you to is blatantly rude and shows a complete disrespect for the only line of revenue that a service department has: their customers.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #17
ki4csq
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99155
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ki4csq Good Standing Member
well, I took it back today, of course they said they have never been able to find anything wrong. And then on the water in the floor board, they said they found a screw of "unknown origin" in the condenser drain that had completely plugged it up. They almost acted/accused that the screw was some how my fault because they could not identify it as one they use... a large black point tap screw with a pan head and torx drive. But they have pulled out the seats and the carpet to clean and dry it out.

They did say they found some "codes" for the cruise control in the computer, but had no idea what they mean. Great, still no closer.

Frankly I am done with this car, the only that will satisfy me is a full pay-off buy out. I will never own another Ford again, ever.... They have lost my business...

It is truly Ford, Quality Job NONE!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Just gotta find that right dealership who's going to help you out. They're out there.

OP, I hope Ford values your loyalty and business enough to really help out. This is my first Ford and despite my issues with MFT I love it. I haven't had any major issues so far with anything else, some things leave some to be desired but mine is a Job 1 build from June 2011, so thus far I'm pleased with how it's performed as a brand new model.
Very true.

I'll vouch for my dealer, but not all dealers act the same - which is unfortunate.

Ford did drop the ball on MFT by partnering with Microsoft, though - Ford has to wait for Microsoft to put out fixes, which means customers have to wait and festering customers only drags down long-term goodwill in return. Microsoft is the culprit with the poorly made system but Ford will take the brunt of the complaints...
Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #19
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90895
What I Drive: One less Ford

FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post

Unfortunately there is no best way to trade this car. I've been to several dealerships and non of them have offered me anything close to book value.
All in all this car has been a major disappointment for many of us. I guess the best recourse is to drive the bag out of it for 4 years and blow it off prior to the warranty expiring.
Maybe my luck will change for the better and it catches on fire.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
funktional
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100157
What I Drive: 2006 Silver ZX3 S (totaled)

FF Reputation: 1 funktional Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Why not sell it privately? Used car prices are ridiculous and are only going to get worse as new car sales improve and manufacturers offer fewer incentives to sell new cars.

I didn't buy a new Focus when my old one was totaled based on what I've read here about the latest model. I hope Ford steps up and helps you guys out, this really is a beautiful car (Latest get Focus), it's a shame that reliability isn't up to par.

Bookmarks & Social Networks