SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey everyone, it's me again!

The update is currently unavailable (as I'm sure you're aware); once it's back up, I'll post to let you know. If anyone is experiencing concerns post update, please visit your dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
So I guess at this point I'll schedule a service appointment with my dealer to have the oil changed and the CC problem fixed since they're ignoring my emails and SMR won't answer my question.
Like I mentioned, I definitely recommend having your dealership check it out. Where are you sending emails to, oritpro? I'm happy to find out what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusinva View Post
I got an email back from sync support today where they basically acted like they had no idea what I was talking about....either they do not talk to one another, they are incompetent or they are liars....neither reflects positively on Ford.
For future SYNC or MyFord Touch-related questions, get a hold of me, Focusinva, I'll be your go-to girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole0675 View Post
I couldn't find the screen that tells me what version I'm running, but i still have the outside temp display next to the clock so I'm assuming it's still at v3.2.2
To confirm software version 3.2.2 was successfully installed, select the gears and go through the following menu options:

HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION > CCPU S/W VERSION

3.2.2 will translate to 4.29.12268.
3.0.2 (Performance Upgrade) translates to 4.29. 10203.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
Does this update affect those without the dual-climate control or MFT? I have the single-climate dial system, and just Sync (no MFT). Is the 3.2.2 update safe for my setup? Sync hasn't been updated for about 6 months now, and I was just looking to keep it updated.
The most recent (3.2.2) update is for MyFord Touch-equipped vehicles only. To see if there's an update available for your vehicle, log in to your Sync Owner account and click on the SYNC UPDATES tab:

https://secure.SyncMyRide.com/Own/Mo...ent/Login.aspx

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks