ST Spotting...... - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #41
scottso
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103207
What I Drive: 2013 ST3, 2011 Harley Ultra Ltd

FF Reputation: 1 scottso Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNSMOKE View Post
For those that have seen the ST on the road and dealerships. Are they selling for MSRP?
Of the 5 dealers I contacted in my area, North suburbs of Chicago, four of them wanted MSRP or higher. Four of them pegged my trade at the same dollar amount (uncanny). The dealer I went with gave me $1000 more for my trade and $405 off MSRP on the ST3, so it was really like getting $1405 off list if you use the other dealers' appraised value for my trade.

btw, only my dealer and one other would guarantee in writing that they would give me their appraised value for my trade for 3 months/5000 miles to accommodate me ordering the ST.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #42
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildsailor View Post
Sorry, I just gotta poke in...from a guy with 36 years of road riding experience (44 with dirt included) and hundreds of thousands of miles on motorcycles, everyone dies but not everyone really lives. You don't like bikes, fine, but based on YOUR fears you better stay off of them...but leave the rest of us alone.
Geeze, kind of touchy on the subject eh? Who is not leaving you alone? I didn't tell you or anyone to not ride a motorcycle. Do whatever you like. I personally don't like the "living" of always being on high alert watching out for a zonked out, oblivious or or distracted person that won't see me while riding a bike on the roads. Your mileage may vary. I really LIKE living and plan on doing so for a long time thanks. I did see a really nice Tangerine Scream ST on the roads today.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:29 AM   #43
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNSMOKE View Post
Very classy response .... you I respect!! Excellent perspective.
Thanks.

As to the MSRP of the ST's. I'm not real sure. The one I saw that started this whole thread has not re-appeared for me to take a picture of, or talk to the owner. I didn't ask about the one that I sat in at the dealership either. the salesman did say that the two remaining ST's that are slated to come in to them have already been spoken for, and have deposits laid down to hold them. The one I sat in was only on the lot for a day and a half before being bought he said.

I saw a Fusion Sport the other day, and it made me think about my old roomate and his SVT Contour. Sure would be nice if Ford did something similar with the Fusion. Put a nice manual trans in there with upgraded suspension, and engine.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #44
st falcon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92343
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy HATCH SEL

FF Reputation: 3 st falcon Good Standing Member
Why pay for your own depreciation, and then that of your new ST? Wait a couple years. They will be much less, and (hopefully) have had all the recalls and TSB's performed already...

1996 Bronco XLT 351W
Cant wait for Summer when I pop the top!!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #45
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Few Scottish ST's
Old 10-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #46
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
UK ST beside the baby Ford KA
Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #47
F35-JSF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 102775
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black SE, 08' ZZR-600

FF Reputation: 2 F35-JSF Good Standing Member
Dealer by me has a black st sunroof only option for 25,xxx or 23,1xx on the A plan. No matching the rebate though... I bad to try ;). No markups.
:lol:Modding is whatever you define it as. Some people wanna boost, some people need 10 TVs, and some of these homos feel compelled to LED their cars front to back.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #48
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
Why pay for your own depreciation, and then that of your new ST? Wait a couple years. They will be much less, and (hopefully) have had all the recalls and TSB's performed already...
I second this. We are all already locked-in to the depreciation on our cars. I'm going to wait it out another year or two to justify the loss and then pick up a rebated ST or discounted MK VI GTI (or, if I'm brave, a used one).
Old 10-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #49
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hey folks,

For those of you who are trying to track down an ST, you can check dealer inventory here: http://www.inventory.ford.com/?brand...tion=inventory or get an internet quote here: http://www.quickquote.ford.com/2013-...ding=1&lang=en

Reach out to me if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #50
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
I gotta tell ya, that inventory search doesn't work so great. A quick overview of it shows that it doesn't really "filter" anything. I selected "Hatchback", "Manual transmission", and "EcoBoost"....still showing me automatic sedans at my local dealer. Kinda defeats the purpose of the filters doesn't it?

More on topic, I saw the black ST again yesterday. I think the owner just has a schedule somewhat opposite mine, as others have seen it a few times, and even commented on it to me. Mostly to ask if I felt like I should've waited. To be honest....no.....I like my SE just fine, and the 36mpg tank of fuel I just burnt through was plenty entertaining.

Now, if we decide to have my wife be a stay at home mom (WOW, daycare is expensive), then we'll be trading away the Audi, and she'll most likely get the Focus as her daily driver.....I'm thinking MazdaSpeed6 as a cheap A4 replacement!

Bookmarks & Social Networks