SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 49 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #481
johnevoice
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 90518
What I Drive: 2012, st grey, ti, hb, 18", moonrf

FF Reputation: 1 johnevoice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faygo Focus View Post
What happened when you called?
I haven't yet. I, frankly, don't want to pull fuses or anything like that. Nor do I want to take it to the dealer when everything else is fine. The climate issue is more of a non-issue for me. It just irritates me that's all. I don't like have "features" that don't work. But I am not going to let it take away from my over all experience. I love my car. I will call next week, when I have time and nothing better to do. I suppose my only concern with this update is that I am curious what is lurking in the shadows. What else is going on that we don't know about? Will the next update take away another feature that I love (like the option 1 & 2 buttons that we once were able to customize!!!)
Moonroof, Sony MFT, sirius , navigation , 8-21-2011 DofM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #482
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnevoice View Post
I haven't yet. I, frankly, don't want to pull fuses or anything like that. Nor do I want to take it to the dealer when everything else is fine. The climate issue is more of a non-issue for me. It just irritates me that's all. I don't like have "features" that don't work. But I am not going to let it take away from my over all experience. I love my car. I will call next week, when I have time and nothing better to do. I suppose my only concern with this update is that I am curious what is lurking in the shadows. What else is going on that we don't know about? Will the next update take away another feature that I love (like the option 1 & 2 buttons that we once were able to customize!!!)
Pulling fuses and doing master resets won't fix the problem, it needs a patch.

I've been sparring with SMR via email all last week, they've been very careful with their responses and they're not admitting fault or that there's even a problem. Ford needs to acknowledge the problem and provide customers with an ETA on a resolution, not ignore them like they have been.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #483
johnevoice
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 90518
What I Drive: 2012, st grey, ti, hb, 18", moonrf

FF Reputation: 1 johnevoice Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Pulling fuses and doing master resets won't fix the problem, it needs a patch.
I agree with you 1000%! I, also, realize that pulling the fuses, etc, wont do the job - that's why I am in no hurry to contact them. I have enough people trying to yank my chain during the week that I choose my battles carefully. I don't want some "manual reading BS-er "to tell me to do something that has already been proven not to work by us - the guinea pigs of FocusFanatics. I just can't believe they are managing to stay "in-the-dark" so long. READ THE FREAKIN FORUM FORD!

As a customer, I'd rather that a company just admit fault or at least acknowledge it, then unveil their plan to fix it. It would create a lot more confidence in the product, company and future solutions. But nothing pi$$es me off more than the - "ohhhh that's the 1st we've heard of that" -mentality. (Like Sirius does)

Otherwise - the issues I have had with my car have been small. It's fun to drive, gets better mpg than my G35coupe did and has never left me regretting my decision to buy(yet).
Moonroof, Sony MFT, sirius , navigation , 8-21-2011 DofM
Old 10-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #484
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnevoice View Post
I don't want some "manual reading BS-er "to tell me to do something that has already been proven not to work by us -
I can't help but wonder if the above is the case or if the case is the fact that the front-line CSRs for Sync are also just as much in the dark as we are (I say if because I have no idea). I mean, obviously the CSRs that receive these emails and/or calls do not have the authority to pull down an update released on SMR so the fact that the update was pulled means that not only was the fact that a problem existed recognized but also the fact that said problem existed made it far enough up the chain to someone that did have the authority to pull it.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the reason why it was pulled, or even that it was pulled at all, was not communicated down to the CSRs, leaving them in as much of an information vacuum as we are. I'm sure after enough contact from customers some of them may be aware that something is up but again, if they are facing the lack of an official corporate directive with regard to a response, what would they really be able to say if this is the case?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #485
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I can't help but wonder if the above is the case or if the case is the fact that the front-line CSRs for Sync are also just as much in the dark as we are (I say if because I have no idea). I mean, obviously the CSRs that receive these emails and/or calls do not have the authority to pull down an update released on SMR so the fact that the update was pulled means that not only was the fact that a problem existed recognized but also the fact that said problem existed made it far enough up the chain to someone that did have the authority to pull it.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the reason why it was pulled, or even that it was pulled at all, was not communicated down to the CSRs, leaving them in as much of an information vacuum as we are. I'm sure after enough contact from customers some of them may be aware that something is up but again, if they are facing the lack of an official corporate directive with regard to a response, what would they really be able to say if this is the case?
You're probably right. They remind me of cell phone reps in that regard. They know next to nothing except for canned responses. If you need real answers you need to seek them out yourself. Thank god for XDA. Now if we can just get an XDA for MFT we'd have something.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #486
tmsco
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89447
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 tmsco Good Standing Member
MFT Update 3.2.2 - No dealer fix

Sync support sent me to dealer. Appt today dealer did redo flash and same result. No climate control USB issues etc.

The dealer checked Oasis and Tech Info Service (TIS) and no info exists.

Call back to Sync Support and they now CONFIRM there is a "known issue with focus and upgrade v3.2.2".

They suggest checking back weekly. Unbelievable. Made the comment that Sync My Ride (SMR) web site still doesn't show this status and Ford should be officially communicate this to customers to avoid unnecessary time spent by the customer and dealer.

Bottom line dealer can't resolve as no solution currently exist.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #487
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Thank god for XDA. Now if we can just get an XDA for MFT we'd have something.
I'm giving it some serious consideration.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #488
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsco View Post
Sync support sent me to dealer. Appt today dealer did redo flash and same result. No climate control USB issues etc.

Call back to Sync Support and they now CONFIRM there is a "known issue with focus and upgrade v3.2.2".

They suggest checking back weekly. Unbelievable. Made the comment that Sync My Ride (SMR) web site still doesn't show this status and Ford should be officially communicate this to customers to avoid unnecessary time spent by the customer and dealer.

MFT is a lost cause. I am in the process of drafting up plans for an Open Source IVI. Still debating on which reference platform to go with, Pandaboard w/touchscreen, Origen 4 Quad w/touchscreen, or build the components for a modularized system based around a Nexus 7 or other tablet.

Here's an interesting alternative that I ran across in my research:
http://www.chinavasion.com/china/who...WiFi_GPS_DVB-T

Also, Clarion has an Android based head unit it's marketing to auto manufacturers called the Mirage.

I think Android is the way too go, I am not sure why nobody is using it in the IVI space.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #489
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
MFT is a lost cause. I am in the process of drafting up plans for an Open Source IVI. Still debating on which reference platform to go with, Pandaboard w/touchscreen, Origen 4 Quad w/touchscreen, or build the components for a modularized system based around a Nexus 7 or other tablet.

I think Android is the way too go, I am not sure why nobody is using it in the IVI space.
Keep me in the loop. I would think the hardware in this car is salvageable (though, I have little-to-no knowledge of that claim) but it would take an awful lot of reverse engineering / decompilation to figure out...

EDIT: Again, I'm strictly speaking on assumptions, but the current (resistive) touchscreen might limit programming options more than a capacitive touchscreen might?
Old 10-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #490
Focusinva
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98059
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Focusinva Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsco View Post

Are you sure Ford wasn't implying that you were the known issue and there's actually no problem with the MFT update? lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks