Post your mod pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 64 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #631
caman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 8002
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titianium X Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 caman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiStick View Post
Got any different views? That's an interesting piece!
Sorry - No.
The roof spoiler is under production, and this is the only picture that is taken of it...

But I'll post some pictures as soon as the piece is on my car.
I'll even do them in different angles if you want ;)

But here are a pic of the 5 door Focus, with almost identical roof spiler (Also from MS-Design):
-00 Focus Estate
www.aurdal.ws/Gallery

Last edited by caman; 09-30-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Added picture of MS-Design 5door roof spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #632
JoseC
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103567
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JoseC Good Standing Member
Boy, caman- those pictures make me wish even more that we could get the Wagon here in the US. I traded in my 2001 wagon for the 2012 SE sport hatchback, and the comparison in interior space is no contest.

I think it would spoil your car, but is there a factory rack available for the Wagon?
I used to haul pressure treated lumber, 4x8 sheets of plywood, yard waste, or bikes on the roof of my car... Who needs a pickup. (maybe me, now)
Old 09-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #633
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caman View Post
Sorry - No.
The roof spoiler is under production, and this is the only picture that is taken of it...

But I'll post some pictures as soon as the piece is on my car.
I'll even do them in different angles if you want ;)

But here are a pic of the 5 door Focus, with almost identical roof spiler (Also from MS-Design):
Those wings both look like they fit OVER the OEM piece. The wings we get over here replace the OEM one.

Do you have a link to this MS-Design?
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 09-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #634
Chaos09
Sonic Crew #09

Fan#: 95090
What I Drive: DC

FF Reputation: 7 Chaos09 Good Standing Member
These are an interesting piece for sure. Link would be helpful.
Sonic's MK3 Crew #9 Chaos!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #635
caman
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseC View Post
Boy, caman- those pictures make me wish even more that we could get the Wagon here in the US. I traded in my 2001 wagon for the 2012 SE sport hatchback, and the comparison in interior space is no contest.

I think it would spoil your car, but is there a factory rack available for the Wagon?
I used to haul pressure treated lumber, 4x8 sheets of plywood, yard waste, or bikes on the roof of my car... Who needs a pickup. (maybe me, now)
I must say that I'm really pleased with this car!
This is my forth euro focus, and it is getting better each time :)
This is a "World Car", and that means that the wagon is availible - or will be availible in the US as well.

For the question about the roof rack - Yes - you may get this as a stock item.
My car also have a towbar, electrical hidden underneath the car.

Follow this link to the official Ford UK site, for a brouchure in English.
Page 42-43 shows what you kan "fit" to the car for hauling things...
http://www.ford.co.uk/Hidden/iBrochure/Focus
-00 Focus Estate
www.aurdal.ws/Gallery
Old 09-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #636
caman
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-Focus View Post
These are an interesting piece for sure. Link would be helpful.
MS-Design is an Austrian company, designing bodykits and related accessories to a number of car brands.
Their kits is top of the line, with perfect fit and finish!

Follow the link here:
http://www.ms-design.com

Or facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/MS.Design.S...ref=ts&fref=ts

They do speak English.
-00 Focus Estate
www.aurdal.ws/Gallery
Old 09-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #637
caman
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Those wings both look like they fit OVER the OEM piece. The wings we get over here replace the OEM one.

Do you have a link to this MS-Design?
Correct.
They are glued on, onto the original wing.
As Ford do with ther Big Wing, as is an option here in Europe.
-00 Focus Estate
www.aurdal.ws/Gallery
Old 09-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #638
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caman View Post
I must say that I'm really pleased with this car!
This is my forth euro focus, and it is getting better each time :)
This is a "World Car", and that means that the wagon is availible - or will be availible in the US as well.
No what it means is theoretically a wagon could be certified for sale in the U.S. but because the market doesn't buy wagons (because none are available because most of the manufacturers think we want crossovers instead), they likely won't build any here for us.

They brought over the European Kuga as the new Escape, and the C-max as the hybrid. Technically we were lucky they brought us the Focus hatchback which is 6.9" shorter than the sedan on the same wheelbase since it was also presumed that hatches also don't sell. Ergo no chance for a Focus wagon, despite the Jetta SportWagen and the other german wagons basically having the market to themselves at the moment.

Well not when the old ones from the 80s-90s were little crummy econoboxes with nothing going for them except practicality, but the new Focus is at least still somewhat ascetically pleasing. It's probably exceeding their sales expectations here. Its also stiffer and not much heavier than the sedan. The wagon however is as long as the sedan for even more cargo volume.

If the wagon didn't cost much more than the hatch, which already cost by the sticker almost $800 more in 2012 than the sedan (now up to over a $1000 for 2013). I might have considered a wagon despite how ugly my old 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera cruiser was (although to be fair it was cheap and it was mostly the interior that was really nasty due to bad door seals).

The Focus looks good as a sedan and hatch, and the wagon looks nice until we get to the tail gate/ lift gate/ hatch, but its not as square and ugly as the older wagons used to be in the 80s-90s.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #639
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Quote:
No what it means is theoretically a wagon could be certified for sale in the U.S. but because the market doesn't buy wagons (because none are available because most of the manufacturers think we want crossovers instead), they likely won't build any here for us.

They brought over the European Kuga as the new Escape, and the C-max as the hybrid. Technically we were lucky they brought us the Focus hatchback which is 6.9" shorter than the sedan on the same wheelbase since it was also presumed that hatches also don't sell. Ergo no chance for a Focus wagon, despite the Jetta SportWagen and the other german wagons basically having the market to themselves at the moment.

Well not when the old ones from the 80s-90s were little crummy econoboxes with nothing going for them except practicality, but the new Focus is at least still somewhat ascetically pleasing. It's probably exceeding their sales expectations here. Its also stiffer and not much heavier than the sedan. The wagon however is as long as the sedan for even more cargo volume.

If the wagon didn't cost much more than the hatch, which already cost by the sticker almost $800 more in 2012 than the sedan (now up to over a $1000 for 2013). I might have considered a wagon despite how ugly my old 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera cruiser was (although to be fair it was cheap and it was mostly the interior that was really nasty due to bad door seals).

The Focus looks good as a sedan and hatch, and the wagon looks nice until we get to the tail gate/ lift gate/ hatch, but its not as square and ugly as the older wagons used to be in the 80s-90s.
When Subaru stopped selling the Legacy in a wagon, that was a tragic day. What small wagons do we have? Volvo, BMW, Audi/VW
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Watch out for the D
Old 09-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #640
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
When Subaru stopped selling the Legacy in a wagon, that was a tragic day. What small wagons do we have? Volvo, BMW, Audi/VW
We don't have any Volvo wagons left, only the XC70 crossover based on the old V70 wagon, the V50 was dropped in 2011, we won't get the 2012+ v40 estate.

Audi dropped the wagon versions of the A4 and A6, the allroad is another x-over like the XC70.

BMW dropped the 3 and 5 series wagons for the X3, X5, X6 and the 3 and 5 series Grandturismo crossover/ sports activity vehicles in the U.S.

The only wagons we do get that aren't tarted up into crossovers are the Jetta SportWagen, the Acura TSX sport wagon, the Subaru Impreza (although technically that's more of a hatch than a wagon), the Mercedes E-class wagon, the Cadillac CTS wagon. I'm not really aware of any other wagons currently on sale in the U.S.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->