piston and rod upgrade question - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
shananigans89
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84576
What I Drive: 04 red 3dr SVT, 04 mazda 3, 04 R6

FF Reputation: 1 shananigans89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
piston and rod upgrade question

ok, so i'm in the Army deployed in Afghanistan right now and i'm working on plans for my svt when i come back. its got a bit over 101k miles and i bought it at 91k so i don't know the history of it. from the repairs i've done so far, whoever previously owned it didnt know car maintenance at all (purchased from a guy who bought it at an abandoned car auction).

as for right now, im planning to stay NA. i want this car to last a long time and have more power, so i'm thinking i will upgrade pistons and rods when i come home with a little extra deployment money. i've been looking at this kit: https://focus.c-f-m.com/jepistonswit...vtst170-2.aspx

however i'm not sure what compression ratio to go with. any advice would be great.

also, if i do this i'm thinking of replacing the head gasket as well with one of these: https://focus.c-f-m.com/newitemcomet...csvtst170.aspx

however again, i'm not sure what numbers and measurements to go with.

thanks!

K&N Typhoon SRI, Magstar 8.5mm plug wires, Denzo Iridium plugs, all VF Eng poly motor mounts, 2.5" Dominant Eng HFC & flex pipe, Trubendz 2.5" exhst w/ Borla muffler no resonator, SCT Xcal3 with Tom's Tune, CFM 67mm TB

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->