VIDEO: Finally got Auxiliary input working on Stock Blaupunkt Ford Focus Radio - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
jay-rod05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24351
FF Reputation: 5 jay-rod05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thumbs up VIDEO: Finally got Auxiliary input working on Stock Blaupunkt Ford Focus Radio

After almost of month of piecing together bits and pieces of threads from all over I finally got my Blaupunkt factory radio to have AUX input capability! No one has ever made a video confirming or showing how so I finally did to help save others the frustration and trouble I had to go through.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Last edited by jay-rod05; 01-16-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
bacon1992
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69339
What I Drive: 2008 Blue SES

FF Reputation: 1 bacon1992 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Nice post man.
SES #020
Old 09-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
mew1033
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104108
What I Drive: Mamba

FF Reputation: 1 mew1033 Good Standing Member
So I just bought the FRDW-AUX from Amazon, but it looks like they changed it. It no longer has the removable harness. The 12-pin Ford thing is hard wired in to the box. I'm going to see if I can find another one somewhere else, but if not I might have to re-wire it myself. Any help? I know I'll need the pinouts for the devices. I have the FRDB-HAR you linked to.

Any ideas?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
jay-rod05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24351
FF Reputation: 5 jay-rod05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew1033 View Post
So I just bought the FRDW-AUX from Amazon, but it looks like they changed it. It no longer has the removable harness. The 12-pin Ford thing is hard wired in to the box. I'm going to see if I can find another one somewhere else, but if not I might have to re-wire it myself. Any help? I know I'll need the pinouts for the devices. I have the FRDB-HAR you linked to.

Any ideas?
Can you post a picture of what your module looks like. I've never seen one that doesn't have the 10 pin molex cable.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
mew1033
Focus Rookie

Sure.

Here are the rest of the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/C8mVT#14yig

So I called PIE and I got a little more information. The guy I talked to (Frank, one of their Engineers) said that they have two versions of this product. There is a DpX version, and a DpX+ version. It's the DpX+ that has the removable harness. Frank also told me that their factory had run out of stock on the DpX+ version, so they were currently shipping the DpX version. He said that until the DpX version runs out, they weren't going to get more of the DpX+.

I had contacted Discount Car Stereo about the problem to see if they had any of the DpX+ versions laying around. They didn't, but they were able to direct me to something that will work. They call it the FRDW-HAR. Very similar to the FRDB-HAR that you recommend in your video. It connects the radio HU to the 12-pin ford connector on the FRDW-AUX. That way you can use either version. I bought that and it should be arriving in a few days. I'll be sure to let you know how it works.

Thanks again for all the research you did for this project, as well as your great video!
Old 10-14-2012, 02:24 AM   #6
mew1033
Focus Rookie

It works!

Well, everything is working as it should!

It took a long time, but I was finally able to gather all the correct pieces, and I now have a functioning AUX port on my 2003 Focus. Sweet!

I ended up using the FRDW-AUX that I showed in the picture, along with this harness. I have a lot of extra cable, but that's okay.

For now everything is just sitting in my glove box. I haven't had time to actually mount anything yet. But, it works, and for now, that's all I need.

Thanks again jay-rod05! Without your video I wouldn't have believed that this was possible.

Bookmarks & Social Networks