SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 48 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #471
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nole0675 View Post
Ok, i installed 3.2.2 last Sunday and like a lot of people i lost cc functionality. Called sync support line and they told me to take it to the dealer. Like most of you i thought i was wasting my time but whatever they did worked because everything is working again. The tech was already gone when I picked the car up so I couldn't ask him what specifically the fix was, but I will stop by Monday to talk to him. I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out. Just wanted to let everyone know it may not be a waste of time to take it in.
That is good news. Yeah please if you would follow up with them. I'm really curious if the fix is something simple. Hopefully no parts involved
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #472
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Quote:
...whatever they did worked because everything is working again. The tech was already gone when I picked the car up so I couldn't ask him what specifically the fix was, but I will stop by Monday to talk to him. I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out.
Please do. Thanks in advance.

I installed the update I downloaded yesterday on our 12/1/11 build vehicle and, not entirely unexpectedly, Climate feedback is gone. (Don't know if it's been reported before, but it does still control the Climate--just doesn't display any state.) I did a LiveChat with SMR and their only recommendation was Master Reset but they know if that was a fix. That would wreak a lot of havoc for something that is not know to solve anything.

Aside from Climate, very limited initial experience is promising. We'll see...
Old 09-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #473
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
(Don't know if it's been reported before, but it does still control the Climate--just doesn't display any state.)
That's what everybody's issue with the CC is bud. We all have it, it works, it just isn't being displayed of the MFT screen....

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #474
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Ok, i installed 3.2.2 last Sunday and like a lot of people i lost cc functionality. Called sync support line and they told me to take it to the dealer. Like most of you i thought i was wasting my time but whatever they did worked because everything is working again. The tech was already gone when I picked the car up so I couldn't ask him what specifically the fix was, but I will stop by Monday to talk to him. I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out. Just wanted to let everyone know it may not be a waste of time to take it in.
Can you confirm that your car currently has 3.2.2 (and not 3.0.2)?
Old 09-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #475
nole0675
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90795
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nole0675 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Can you confirm that your car currently has 3.2.2 (and not 3.0.2)?
I couldn't find the screen that tells me what version I'm running, but i still have the outside temp display next to the clock so I'm assuming it's still at v3.2.2
Old 09-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #476
tmsco
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89447
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 tmsco Good Standing Member
Ford dealer got fix/update late Tuesday and it mentions checking the apim level. Appt on Monday to have it done. Will update with details.

BSquare 2nd qtr report shows thay are still involved until 2013 for MyTouch development. Below qoute from CEO on 2nd qtr report;

"Before I leave services, I would like to comment on the status of our work with Microsoft on the MyFord Touch system. We successfully renewed our contract with Microsoft through the end of 2012 and are currently discussing 2013 plans. We have positive indications that our work will continue next year, however no agreement has been reached as of today".

Not good. As a 25+ year developer I'm hoping they go to Microsoft automotive and completely recode. Have never seen software as buggy as this released to the public.

Worse yet is the lack of communications from Ford. Downloaded last Sunday and of course no climate control just power button. Also usb is not working correctly among other old bugs still existing.

Love the car - hate the MFT software and Ford's handling of the situation.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #477
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Does this update affect those without the dual-climate control or MFT? I have the single-climate dial system, and just Sync (no MFT).

Is the 3.2.2 update safe for my setup? Sync hasn't been updated for about 6 months now, and I was just looking to keep it updated.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #478
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
Does this update affect those without the dual-climate control or MFT? I have the single-climate dial system, and just Sync (no MFT).

Is the 3.2.2 update safe for my setup? Sync hasn't been updated for about 6 months now, and I was just looking to keep it updated.
I have the sync with myFord system and no there is currently no update announced or available for it. All this talk of sync updates is really a discussion of MFT updates.

My car does have dual zone automatic climate controls however vs the single zone manual ones, as it is an SEL.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #479
johnevoice
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 90518
What I Drive: 2012, st grey, ti, hb, 18", moonrf

FF Reputation: 2 johnevoice Good Standing Member
I sent an email to sync/mft and this is the response I got:

(Thank you for your email in regards to SYNC.

The issue requires further investigation that would be more effective over the phone. Please call (800-392-3673/option 3) during our business hours: Monday-Saturday (8:30 AM 10:00 PM EST) and Sunday (11:30 AM 10:00 PM EST).

Sincerely,
Shlinda
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center )
Moonroof, Sony MFT, sirius , navigation , 8-21-2011 DofM
Old 09-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #480
Faygo Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85587
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Ti with James Bond Pkg

FF Reputation: 2 Faygo Focus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnevoice View Post
I sent an email to sync/mft and this is the response I got:

(Thank you for your email in regards to SYNC.

The issue requires further investigation that would be more effective over the phone. Please call (800-392-3673/option 3) during our business hours: Monday-Saturday (8:30 AM 10:00 PM EST) and Sunday (11:30 AM 10:00 PM EST).

Sincerely,
Shlinda
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center )
What happened when you called?

Bookmarks & Social Networks