SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 47 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #461
UnleashedBeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100738
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 UnleashedBeast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My online account at syncmyride still shows that G2 3.0.2 is the only version available for my Focus.

Unless someone can tell me what I am missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #462
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF4 View Post
I'm not surprised some would so easily agree with a "the grass is always greener argument", it doesn't take much thought or effort to agree with a false premise, plus its so much easier and more fun to whine and play the helpless victim.

out in the real world however, there is something called iDrive which Consumer Reports rates as unreliable, but that would ruin the "grass is always greener argument" so lets just pretend it doesn't exist

speaking of CR, here's an interesting quote from Consumer Reports: "So, the MyFord/MyLincoln Touch system might be intuitive in that it's better organized than some competitive systems, like BMW's iDrive."

Since the grass is always greener elsewhere, I wont bring up the 'my new iPhone doesn't fit in my $60,000 2013 BMW anymore' issue or the 'my Lightning adapter took away my iPod out funcionality in my 1 week old BMW.'

02-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Need help, we are having a very strange problem with our I-drive. (controller) when you start the vehicle the I-drive will not respond, after driving about 15 miles it works, as if nothing was ever wrong. It was doing it before we replaced the battery, it stopped doing it after they put in the new battery, until it had sat for a few days. Now the problem is back. When you push the center button on the I-drive no response for the first 15 miles. Any suggestions??

On 2 occasions, when I have started the car, the I drive/computor screen has just not come on. The car runs otherwise fine. The seller told me that when this happens, get out of the car, lock it and leave for 5 minutes. This seems to work. He said it was some kind of `boot up` problem with the computor and is not uncommon. Is there a quick fix for this?

I find myself continuously frustrated with my experience using the iDrive. My view of the system has not changed since my original post......
Good quotes and BMW's iDrive was never a system I would have called "better" than MFT. Maybe just moving sideways from one unreliable system to another.

I will say though that the iPhone not fitting and the lightning adapter removing the iPod Out functionality when using an adapter really are irrelevant to the price you pay for your vehicle. BMW rather than include USB ports decided to use a proprietary cord. A Focus costing a little over 1/3rd the price of that car has two USB ports, so it's more ubiquitous in that regard. I guess my point is I don't see the complaint about the iPhone not fitting/adapter not retaining all previous functionality as a valid complaint against Apple or the iPhone since auto manufacturers need only add USB ports rather than proprietary cabling, hell even Kia has a USB port. They've used the same connector for almost 10 years, a much better track record than any other phone/mobile manufacturer who have switched proprietary charge ports on several devices until relatively recently with micro USB being the norm now.
Regardless of all that, I've given up on defending MFT in any way except to say that the new update, while breaking climate controls, is at the very least responding much faster for me and hasn't had any hiccups as far as poking at the screen quickly switching between inputs/channels is concerned. I've done some playing around on it quickly moving between Sirius presets and inputs and thus far the system has been much better about that than it was before.

Still patiently awaiting our long ago promised fix however.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #463
fixxer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100842
What I Drive: 2012 Gray Focus Titanium Hb

FF Reputation: 1 fixxer Good Standing Member
I noticed that the ETA for when you have a destination set has been fixed with 3.2.2.

The update has been, overall, an improvement for me. I didn't lose the climate functionality and it *seems* more stable. It has only re-booted itself once since I updated last Sunday. Knock on wood.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #464
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edbro View Post
So, was the problem only with the installer? I ask because I was one of the lucky ones who installed it and had no obvious problems. CC works well. I guess what I'm asking is that if it installed okay then are there any other latent problems I should be worried about?

I have to say that so far, so good.
Honestly, who the hell knows. We have all gotten mixed outcomes. Then Ford pulled the update, and has no apparent clue what we are all talking about.

But, we're the crazy ones
Old 09-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #465
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Yep the pulled the update. Then put it back just to make sure to Screw up those who might have thought they fixed it.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #466
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Well I downloaded and installed the latest update on SMR on my car and I have LOST CLIMATE!

So whatever they threw back up there is still the exact same update that broke other's climate!
Huh???

Of course it was the same. There was no good reason to believe otherwise.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #467
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Huh???

Of course it was the same. There was no good reason to believe otherwise.
No I held off when I downloaded the first time. Then after all the issues folks were having the SMR site pulled the update. Like they knew it was causing issues.

I went back to SMR and it showed no update for my car. So confirmed they pulled it.

As of this morning it now shows an update avail. I assumed maybe this one was corrected so as to not cause any issues with my losing the climate.

Wrong!

If they did in fact pull it due to all the complaints. Why would they put the very same one back up again.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #468
kiveysc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104304
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 kiveysc Good Standing Member
Syncmyride has never said that there was a update any time that I have checked it.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #469
nole0675
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90795
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nole0675 Good Standing Member
Ok, i installed 3.2.2 last Sunday and like a lot of people i lost cc functionality. Called sync support line and they told me to take it to the dealer. Like most of you i thought i was wasting my time but whatever they did worked because everything is working again. The tech was already gone when I picked the car up so I couldn't ask him what specifically the fix was, but I will stop by Monday to talk to him. I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out. Just wanted to let everyone know it may not be a waste of time to take it in.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #470
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102548
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 jdetzel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashedBeast View Post
My online account at syncmyride still shows that G2 3.0.2 is the only version available for my Focus.

Unless someone can tell me what I am missing?
There was an update but they took it off the website because it was causing problems. Your version is the latest that is available for now.

Bookmarks & Social Networks