SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 46 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #451
treoless
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96715
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

Points 5,481, Level 47
Points: 5,481, Level: 47 Points: 5,481, Level: 47 Points: 5,481, Level: 47
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 treoless Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Camera working now?
Yes.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #452
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
So this time I got in while the download was available.

Now the question is whether it will be an improvement on v3.0.2 in any way besides temperature on the quad display and what all new it will break. Since installing it takes so much time to sit idling, re-pair phones, re-program radio presets, re-key WiFi, and on and on, it sure whould be nice to know what, if any, the payoff will be.

I had a loaner '12 BMW 535ix this week with iTouch. (My 135i had an "unfortunate incident" with a mammoth pothole.) It was so refreshing driving a car with a high-end infotainment system that actually worked correctly and consistently, every start, every function.

I'd sure love to know if anybody at Ford has a clue how bad MFT has been and how bad it makes them look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF4 View Post
ahhh, thanks for the first hand review, but BMW doesn't make an iTouch
Ahhh, see, that is where you are wrong! They do apparently make a special (ultra secret) version for italic bold font people. You just need to know the ultra secret code:

so refreshing

worked correctly and consistently, every start, every function

anybody
Old 09-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #453
FF4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33566
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 0 FF4 Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Ahhh, see, that is where you are wrong! They do apparently make a special (ultra secret) version for italic bold font people. You just need to know the ultra secret code:
I'm not surprised some would so easily agree with a "the grass is always greener argument", it doesn't take much thought or effort to agree with a false premise, plus its so much easier and more fun to whine and play the helpless victim.

out in the real world however, there is something called iDrive which Consumer Reports rates as unreliable, but that would ruin the "grass is always greener argument" so lets just pretend it doesn't exist

speaking of CR, here's an interesting quote from Consumer Reports: "So, the MyFord/MyLincoln Touch system might be intuitive in that it's better organized than some competitive systems, like BMW's iDrive."

Since the grass is always greener elsewhere, I wont bring up the 'my new iPhone doesn't fit in my $60,000 2013 BMW anymore' issue or the 'my Lightning adapter took away my iPod out funcionality in my 1 week old BMW.'

02-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Need help, we are having a very strange problem with our I-drive. (controller) when you start the vehicle the I-drive will not respond, after driving about 15 miles it works, as if nothing was ever wrong. It was doing it before we replaced the battery, it stopped doing it after they put in the new battery, until it had sat for a few days. Now the problem is back. When you push the center button on the I-drive no response for the first 15 miles. Any suggestions??

On 2 occasions, when I have started the car, the I drive/computor screen has just not come on. The car runs otherwise fine. The seller told me that when this happens, get out of the car, lock it and leave for 5 minutes. This seems to work. He said it was some kind of `boot up` problem with the computor and is not uncommon. Is there a quick fix for this?

I find myself continuously frustrated with my experience using the iDrive. My view of the system has not changed since my original post......
Old 09-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #454
Focusinva
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98059
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Focusinva Good Standing Member
---need help, there's something wrong with MFT, I keep installing these corrupted updates that Ford Motor Company releases and now my climate control doesn't work ! Ford refuses to answer my questions and concerns and after 4 or 5 days of prodding they finally re release a statement from 3 weeks ago that was meant for ANOTHER Vehicle....exceptional customer service
Old 09-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #455
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusinva View Post
---need help, there's something wrong with MFT, I keep installing these corrupted updates that Ford Motor Company releases and now my climate control doesn't work ! Ford refuses to answer my questions and concerns and after 4 or 5 days of prodding they finally re release a statement from 3 weeks ago that was meant for ANOTHER Vehicle....exceptional customer service
Hey Hey Welcome to our Club!!!! haha....
Old 09-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #456
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Has anyone installed the silent re-released 3.22 update that suddenly reappeared yesterday?
Old 09-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #457
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF4 View Post
ahhh, thanks for the first hand review, but BMW doesn't make an iTouch
iDrive...
Old 09-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #458
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
And, yes, iDrive has had its detractors. But in the week I had the car it ALWAYS came up on the same audio source/same station I turned it off on. MFT doesn't do that in three consecutive starts... It's position info or current audio source/program info never just stopped displaying for no apparent reason. And on and on I could go.

Hey, I bought the FoFo. I paid for MFT. But to defend it because other systems might be less than perfect, in the face of all the evidence that suggests MFT has been deeply flawed--in absolute terms and probably the worst of any OEM auto infotainment system yet produced--seems odd. Eepecially in this forum where removing a temperature indicator and shrinking album art were viewed as huge problems.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #459
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Well I downloaded and installed the latest update on SMR on my car and I have LOST CLIMATE!

So whatever they threw back up there is still the exact same update that broke other's climate!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #460
Edbro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98994
What I Drive: 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Edbro Good Standing Member
So, was the problem only with the installer? I ask because I was one of the lucky ones who installed it and had no obvious problems. CC works well. I guess what I'm asking is that if it installed okay then are there any other latent problems I should be worried about?

I have to say that so far, so good.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.