ST Spotting...... - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #11
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I saw a blue ST2 w/moonroof this morning at a dealer near Haverhill, MA. MSRP was $27.7k. It looked very nice, though I was surprised that the hood shutline fit was not uniform and the left door was (very) slightly misaligned. Oh, and the front calipers were not painted (minor, and easily rectified).

Enough quibbling...it looked great. I'll bet it is a lot more fun that the regular Foci...

To me, the GTI would be something I would cross-shop with the ST.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,159, Level 41
Points: 4,159, Level: 41 Points: 4,159, Level: 41 Points: 4,159, Level: 41
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
I actually prefer the looks of the ST over my STI and unlike the STI you won't be seeing many of them around here.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #13
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
After a quick internet peruse last night. For $25k I think I would have been shopping for something with AWD. There are a couple used options, and new options that open up in that price range. For the $17k I paid, I think I got an exceptional value on a new car.

I still want to drive one :D
Old 09-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #14
Wildsailor
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102694
What I Drive: 12 SE Sport Sedan - Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 3 Wildsailor Good Standing Member
Silver one spotted at a gas station today in Dearborn Michigan...without foglights so it did not have the Appearance Package.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #15
xwhit3devilx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86578
What I Drive: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

Points 5,510, Level 47
Points: 5,510, Level: 47 Points: 5,510, Level: 47 Points: 5,510, Level: 47
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 xwhit3devilx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRyan View Post
I agree the ST's are sweet but I am more than happy with my SE. Cheaper to insure, maintain and operate vs. the ST. The reason I would look at a more performance oriented car is for the, well...performance. Then everyone makes the jump to well you have an ST but you should of gotten a Mustang with that oh so sweet 5.0. Now we got a can of worms opened up to which I say if you want performance and MPG then get a 2 wheeler. Liter bike fast is bliss.
IMO sport bikes are a legal form of assisted suicide, I would never consider one over ANY car. I can see the appeal of a Harley or something for the experience and the cool factor, but a sports bike is just asking for trouble. Anyway, I too am perfectly happy with my regular old Focus. It handles amazingly well for an inexpensive fwd car, gets great mileage, looks fantastic,and it's quick enough to be entertaining. The ST would be nice and it sure looks appealing, but I just cant justify it. Plus, I won't miss the frequent torque steer related wheel alignments of the ST one bit- that's if my past experiences with high power fwd cars hold true.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #16
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
"legal form of assisted suicide" <--Now theres an extremely close minded view. I'm not wanting to start a flame war, but I bet you've know a efw people to have been killed on a sportbike, and my further guess would be that they were doing something stupid when it happened. Otherwise you've view would include all vehicles without a seatbelt.

Back to the ST sighting though.....Haven't seen the one at school since I made this thread. No idea where it went, but it's not been back. Others at school have seen it, but not myself. I did see one at the dealership getting delivered last night (stopped by to pickup my license plate). Got to sit in this one. Those seats are TIGHT. I'm 6'2" tall 220lbs, and they weren't initially uncomfortable, but I could definitely feel the pressure on the lower back sides of my rib cage. Not sure I would want to road trip in those.

Still a nice car, and a fine alternative to the imports for "Hot Hatchback" entertainment.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
ralck
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96372
What I Drive: My sister's car while it is salty

FF Reputation: 1 ralck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhit3devilx View Post
*snip*
Plus, I won't miss the frequent torque steer related wheel alignments of the ST one bit- that's if my past experiences with high power fwd cars hold true.
I test drove one last weekend (ST2 package). I didn't push it to redline, only about 5500 RPM in 1st/2nd and I was amazed how little torque steer there was. I'd imagine it might come into play a little more in "sport mode" (ESC off), but it really does feel nice.

I have no idea if this means wheel alignments would be needed less though.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #18
lddavis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104180
What I Drive: 1997 Red Outback

FF Reputation: 2 lddavis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralck View Post
I didn't push it to redline, only about 5500 RPM
5500 is the power peak anyway, according to the charts I've seen. No point in redlining it.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #19
Seriously Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101141
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sport 5 Dr

Points 532, Level 10
Points: 532, Level: 10 Points: 532, Level: 10 Points: 532, Level: 10
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Seriously Focused Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRyan View Post
I agree the ST's are sweet but I am more than happy with my SE. Cheaper to insure, maintain and operate vs. the ST. The reason I would look at a more performance oriented car is for the, well...performance. Then everyone makes the jump to well you have an ST but you should of gotten a Mustang with that oh so sweet 5.0. Now we got a can of worms opened up to which I say if you want performance and MPG then get a 2 wheeler. Liter bike fast is bliss.
Yeah, no sheet ! My 10 year old Ninja will pretty much smoke ANY Focus and many others as well.

The Focus is for driving to work and picking up beer.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #20
Seriously Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101141
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sport 5 Dr

Points 532, Level 10
Points: 532, Level: 10 Points: 532, Level: 10 Points: 532, Level: 10
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Seriously Focused Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhit3devilx View Post
IMO sport bikes are a legal form of assisted suicide, I would never consider one over ANY car. I can see the appeal of a Harley or something for the experience and the cool factor, but a sports bike is just asking for trouble.
One would imagine that you are not a motorcycle enthusiast and completely clueless on the subject.

In Atlanta, the last three motorcycle riders that died in accidents were on Harley Davidsons. One was just this last week as a matter of fact at an intersection.................

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.