Finally able to hook up Back-Up Camera to MFT?! - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #11
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Well I know the actual camera is fairly cheap. I saw them for $60 or less online. That lock pick is not so cheap and I wonder if it would be worth it. If the 'star' buttons on the car could still be programmed to a source you could simply click one and it go to video mode. That would be a decent workaround.

pozi240: you are a Ford man through and through! :-)
LOL.. thanks, I used to be a "VW man", but, got disenchanted in recent years with the MKIV's and MKV models horrendous build quality. My wife and I were very impressed that FoMoCo did not take Government handouts (both US and Canadian) like the other "big two", so, we wanted to support them and both bought new Fords at the same time. We haven't regretted since... sorry, back on topic.
We have Lockpick installed on our F150 (and have for some time now), and it was a very easy install and high quality components. We already had an OEM back up camera on the truck, but, I have installed a Lockpick on another new F150 without factory camera, and was able to do a "hack" (workaround) to send a signal to the Lockpick component so that the camera would turn on automatically when going into reverse (basicly tapping a "hot" wire from the back up lights going to a relay that goes into the module for the camera). It works quite well. Now, this is for a non-MFT Lockpick system, so, I cannot comment on our Focus MFT here, but, It does say in the MFT Lockpick instructions that you can use one of the "Star" buttons to activate either front or rear camera's at any time.... that is not an issue at all. The workaround I was referring to is doing some "creative" wiring to get to come on automatically when in reverse.... I think it can be done.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 4,072, Level 40
Points: 4,072, Level: 40 Points: 4,072, Level: 40 Points: 4,072, Level: 40
Level Up 61% Completed
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%
Forum Activity 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Don't ever update the MFT if you buy it. You know sure as $hit Ford will code over the exploit as soon as they find it.
That doesn't make sense.
Do you have a basic understand as to how the LockPick works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Well this is M$ we're talking about.
No, we are not.
What exactly does Microsoft have to do with any of this?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92644
What I Drive: focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Bakaboy Good Standing Member
Okay, get a hold of this guys. I got a call from my dealer that they are finally able to install the backup camera INTO MY FORD TOUCH and I've scheduled it this Friday. It's supposed to take a couple of hours. They also told me they've done 3 last week and it also just became available last week.

If you guys ever came across my rants, you'd know I paid for a backup camera last December 10, 2012 and I've been waiting 10 months for it. I've been so exasperated as I also asked for a refund 3 months ago and haven't received my cheque yet. Well, we'll see if they're still lying their faces off.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #14
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

Points 479, Level 9
Points: 479, Level: 9 Points: 479, Level: 9 Points: 479, Level: 9
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaboy View Post
Okay, get a hold of this guys. I got a call from my dealer that they are finally able to install the backup camera INTO MY FORD TOUCH and I've scheduled it this Friday. It's supposed to take a couple of hours. They also told me they've already done 3 last week and it just recently became available last week.

If you guys ever come across my rants, you'd know I paid for a backup camera last December 10, 2012 and I've been waiting 10 months for it. I've been so exasperated as I also asked for a refund 3 months ago and haven't received my cheque yet. Well, we'll see if they're still lying they're faces off.
SWEET ....if its true! Let us know! Thanks for the update!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92644
What I Drive: focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Bakaboy Good Standing Member
Hmm, after thinking about it a bit more I think it's a lockpick system as the service person mentioned "waiting for parts from Florida" somewhere in the conversation. If she mentioned Michigan, the it would have been a different story. I know Coastal Tech is in Florida so I'm almost sure those guys are going to lockpick my car. Well, as long as it works; I don't care.

If they do lockpick it, it will serve as a confirmation that this option is indeed viable.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #16
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

Points 1,748, Level 24
Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaboy View Post
Hmm, after thinking about it a bit more I think it's a lockpick system as the service person mentioned "waiting for parts from Florida" somewhere in the conversation. If she mentioned Michigan, the it would have been a different story. I know Coastal Tech is in Florida so I'm almost sure those guys are going to lockpick my car. Well, as long as it works; I don't care.

If they do lockpick it, it will serve as a confirmation that this option is indeed viable.
Could you call and ask? And where is your dealer located... Because if all goes as planned i want to install one of these
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 09-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #17
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
LOL.. thanks, I used to be a "VW man", but, got disenchanted in recent years with the MKIV's and MKV models horrendous build quality. My wife and I were very impressed that FoMoCo did not take Government handouts (both US and Canadian) like the other "big two", so, we wanted to support them and both bought new Fords at the same time.
Excuse the rant here but how long are we going to have to endure this fantasy that Ford didn't "take government handouts". I'm not zeroing in on you personally but people really need to learn the facts about the matter and stop perpetuating ignorant myths. Further, it certainly shouldn't be a black mark against Ford or the others for taking working funds from government sources because millions of auto related jobs in not only the automakers but their suppliers were in jeopardy as well as the survival of the companies themselves.

The private banks were clearly NOT going to perform this role, end of story. As a result, there was a very real possibility of a depression looming that could have been worse than "the Great Depression" had this funding not occurred. The vast majority of these "secret government" funds have since been paid back with interest by the way so don't confuse these funds with "corporate welfare" or "handouts for nothing". In fact much of the money was used to retool the industry for making profitable, better and more efficient cars like our 2012 Ford Focuses.

Quote:
Ford, BMW, Toyota Took Secret Government Money

In the depths of the financial collapse, the U.S. Federal Reserve pumped $3.3 trillion into keeping credit moving through the economy. It eventually lent $57.9 billion to the auto industry — including $26.8 billion to Ford, Toyota and BMW.

The Fed on Wednesday was forced to reveal the identity of the companies it aided during the crisis, after contending to Congress that keeping their identities and the details of such lending secret was essential. Much of Wall Street, and corporate giants such as General Electric, Harley Davidson and McDonald's, took advantage of the Fed's help. We've done the math on how the Fed propped up the auto industry.

http://jalopnik.com/5704575/ford-bmw...vernment-money
Quote:
A Ford TV ad slams competitors for accepting bailout funds, even though the company’s CEO lobbied for the bill. The company — the only one of the Big Three not to receive a bailout — feared a collapse of GM and Chrysler at the time would have hurt suppliers and, in turn, Ford itself. Ford Chief Executive Officer Alan R. Mulally also asked Congress for a “credit line” of up to $9 billion in case the economy worsened.

In other words, Ford was for government bailouts before it was against them.

Although Ford did not need money from the $80 billion bailout program, Ford did receive $5.9 billion in government loans in 2009 to retool its manufacturing plants to produce more fuel-efficient cars, and the company lobbied for and benefited from the cash-for-clunkers program — contrary to the ad’s testimonial that Ford is “standing on their own.”

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/for...n-on-bailouts/
Old 09-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #18
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

Points 1,748, Level 24
Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
Excuse the rant here but how long are we going to have to endure this fantasy that Ford didn't "take government handouts". I'm not zeroing in on you personally but people really need to learn the facts about the matter and stop perpetuating ignorant myths. Further, it certainly shouldn't be a black mark against Ford or the others for taking working funds from government sources because millions of auto related jobs in not only the automakers but their suppliers were in jeopardy as well as the survival of the companies themselves.

The private banks were clearly NOT going to perform this role, end of story. As a result, there was a very real possibility of a depression looming that could have been worse than "the Great Depression" had this funding not occurred. The vast majority of these "secret government" funds have since been paid back with interest by the way so don't confuse these funds with "corporate welfare" or "handouts for nothing". In fact much of the money was used to retool the industry for making profitable, better and more efficient cars like our 2012 Ford Focuses.
I mean whatever... Just be glad that the government was willing to loan money to any in need in order to keep business alive, and keep people working! If the auto industry went under... I have no doubt none of us would be driving our sexy Foci, WITH OR WITHOUT BACKUP CAMS... back on topic
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 09-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #19
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
I mean whatever... Just be glad that the government was willing to loan money to any in need in order to keep business alive, and keep people working! If the auto industry went under... I have no doubt none of us would be driving our sexy Foci, WITH OR WITHOUT BACKUP CAMS... back on topic
Well, without the the "government handouts" the 2012 and 2013 Focus probably wouldn't exist and if they did many of us probably wouldn't be able to afford to buy new cars anyway so nothing to worry about. Instead we have the great joy today to be able to b*tch about the lack of add on back up cameras on new Focuses.

As far as the back up cam goes how do you get a backup cam? Do you order the OEM Ford parts, is the harness there for it or are all Focuses equipped with the cams already and this lock pick enables them?
Old 09-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #20
Nutty 5.0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81405
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3 SE Sonic Blue 5spd

Points 1,477, Level 21
Points: 1,477, Level: 21 Points: 1,477, Level: 21 Points: 1,477, Level: 21
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Nutty 5.0 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
We have Lockpick installed on our F150 (and have for some time now), and it was a very easy install and high quality components. We already had an OEM back up camera on the truck, but, I have installed a Lockpick on another new F150 without factory camera, and was able to do a "hack" (workaround) to send a signal to the Lockpick component so that the camera would turn on automatically when going into reverse (basicly tapping a "hot" wire from the back up lights going to a relay that goes into the module for the camera). It works quite well. Now, this is for a non-MFT Lockpick system, so, I cannot comment on our Focus MFT here, but, It does say in the MFT Lockpick instructions that you can use one of the "Star" buttons to activate either front or rear camera's at any time.... that is not an issue at all. The workaround I was referring to is doing some "creative" wiring to get to come on automatically when in reverse.... I think it can be done.
I don't have MFT on our Focus, but like pozi240, I have a 2010 FX4 that my truck did not have rear camera but had Nav. Used Lockpick to take a factory camera and a tail light harness and was able to enable it so I have OE camera now with the features of the Lockpick too. I guess my point is I've had this for over two years and we love the Lockpick. Fingers crossed for you Focus guys/gals that you'll be able to get a camera to work.
1993 Mustang Featured in MM/FF and 5.0 and Super Ford Magazine SOLD - 2003 Cobra SOLD

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.