2012 Ford Focus Steering Problem - Page 22 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #211
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vela123321 View Post
Thank you for your quick reply and explanation of the CSM's role. If there is any way for me to offer feedback in the shortfall of the dialog I've had with my CSM, I would welcome a call (the PM has all of my info).

I really would like to see Ford continue to increase their percentage of market share. Alan Mulally has done a great job with Ford, and I think you're capturing a lot more of the market with some of these advancements. The CSM didn't help your case, but that's just one employee out of more than 150,000.

I'm eager to get the car looked at, and I've left a VM for the service manager to call me back. When he does, I'll schedule an appointment and we'll see how this goes.
Hi vela123321,

I can't make outbound calls, but I can log your feedback if you'd like to reach out via PM.

Please keep me in the loop and let me know how your dealer appointment goes. I'm happy to step in whenever you need me to.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #212
cyndyfurby
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101916
What I Drive: 2012, red, focus se

FF Reputation: 1 cyndyfurby Good Standing Member
Steering Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndyfurby View Post
Just wanted to say "Thank You Thomas"...The regional customer service rep in my area called...He is coordinating with the dealership and they are replacing the rack and pinion steering on my car...I will let everyone know the results....Thank you
I've put approximately 700 miles on my Focus since they replaced the Rack and Pinion Steering Assembly...It drives so much better...I actually enjoy driving the car now...Problem solved....Thank you for your help...Cyndy
Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #213
wkumtrider
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105044
What I Drive: 2012 Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 wkumtrider Good Standing Member
I have a 2012 Focus SE. Maybe this is why my car makes a pulsating humming sound from the front end when I reach 60mph. Every 1-2 seconds at 60 mph or faster the car makes a loud humming sound and I can feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel when it "hums." THink this is related to the steering issues in this thread? I haven't really noticed the car is difficult to drive at highway speeds, but I will pay attention on my way home today.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #214
cyndyfurby
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101916
What I Drive: 2012, red, focus se

FF Reputation: 1 cyndyfurby Good Standing Member
I didn't have any noise or vibration in my car...It would just drift from side to side...The steering was extremely tight and you couldn't move it even 1/16th of an inch or you'd be in the next lane...No matter how straight I kept the wheel, the car would just drift off the road....You would notice because I had to fight it to keep it straight.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #215
philh
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89520
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 philh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkumtrider View Post
I have a 2012 Focus SE. Maybe this is why my car makes a pulsating humming sound from the front end when I reach 60mph. Every 1-2 seconds at 60 mph or faster the car makes a loud humming sound and I can feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel when it "hums." THink this is related to the steering issues in this thread? I haven't really noticed the car is difficult to drive at highway speeds, but I will pay attention on my way home today.
My 2012 Titanium hums and drones at speeds between 55-70, most noticeably at 65 MPH. It has done this since the car was delivered to me (now 9700 miles). I've taken it to the dealer twice and each time they say that they didn't hear anything.

The last time I took it in (two weeks ago), I asked if they drove at 65 MPH, and they said "We can't drive that fast around here" (!).

Pretty ridiculous response don't you think?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #216
peridigm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103341
What I Drive: 12', Ti wrapped

FF Reputation: 1 peridigm Good Standing Member
I have a '12 Ti built in May. I believe I have the steering issue as well. What exactly should I tell the dealer service center other than the steering is very tight at higher speeds? I noticed this issue driving my car home from the dealer but thought it was just me not being used to a car. I've driven Dodge Caravan's for the past 10 years. It definitely feels weird and like I'm going to jump lanes if I correct my path too quickly.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #217
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkumtrider View Post
I have a 2012 Focus SE. Maybe this is why my car makes a pulsating humming sound from the front end when I reach 60mph. Every 1-2 seconds at 60 mph or faster the car makes a loud humming sound and I can feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel when it "hums."...
Quote:
Originally Posted by philh View Post
My 2012 Titanium hums and drones at speeds between 55-70, most noticeably at 65 MPH. It has done this since the car was delivered to me (now 9700 miles). I've taken it to the dealer twice and each time they say that they didn't hear anything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by peridigm View Post
I have a '12 Ti built in May. I believe I have the steering issue as well. What exactly should I tell the dealer service center other than the steering is very tight at higher speeds? I noticed this issue driving my car home from the dealer but thought it was just me not being used to a car. I've driven Dodge Caravan's for the past 10 years. It definitely feels weird and like I'm going to jump lanes if I correct my path too quickly.
Hey folks!

I'm happy to step in here and get each of you escalated to your regional Customer Service Managers. Just send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and daytime phone number; I'll do the rest.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 10-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #218
peridigm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103341
What I Drive: 12', Ti wrapped

FF Reputation: 1 peridigm Good Standing Member
I have an appointment to drop off at the dealer and go on a test drive with a tech on Monday. This was all initiated by Crystal(above) who requested I send my contact info. I then received a PM from a Ford technology girl, and a phone call from a CSR in D.C. for my area, who reached out to my dealer, who called me.

I will say the service guy at the dealer seemed a little peeved that all this came about from above and that I did not call them first. I assured him I was not climbing above them and this was all initiated from a social forum. Not that any of this really matters, but just relaying my perception at the way this has transpired to see how other owners get on with their dealers from similar contacts.

I gave the dealer my list...
-steering issue
-trans shutter (I don't think this is as bad as what others are experiencing but since it's going to be there...)
-MFT/Sync

I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome. We are expecting high winds and heavy rain on Monday when I'm scheduled to have my test drive. I'm not optimistic since I only experience the steering issue at highway speeds of 70 or greater.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #219
5spdti
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102203
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 5spdti Good Standing Member
Does anyone know what the Ford TSB number is for this issue? Thanks.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #220
kjl2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97883
What I Drive: 2012 se black

FF Reputation: 1 kjl2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spdti View Post
Does anyone know what the Ford TSB number is for this issue? Thanks.
the tsb is 12-02-17

Bookmarks & Social Networks