SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 36 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #351
TehMark
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87530
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 TehMark Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have to say that MFT has soured my view of Ford. I'll never buy one again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #352
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thosw View Post
One of my pet peeves with the Navigation System was not addressed in my 3.2.2 update. When adding a Name Field to a saved Destination Address Favorite, you still can not insert a Space in the text. So, you must enter Jack&Jill instead of Jack & Jill.
I am now able to add spaces with v3.2.2.

Does this mean that other features beyond Climate are also broken on installations of v3.2.2 on different cars? Sheesh.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 09-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #353
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Would be a nice thought right?
I was having a lot of nice thoughts last November when Ford announced a great new "major upgrade" to MFT for the beginning of 2012. It didn't take long after install for those nice thoughts to become not so nice. I guess I just can't get my hopes up anymore at this point and can't take Ford's word for anything until I actually see it and see it working correctly.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #354
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bheiland View Post
[/IMG]
Did the update, at first street name was not showing under compass, but after using navigation today it looks like the names are working now.
When you say "using navigation" were you just on the map screen or were you using it with an active route or routes set? It always comes back after a route is set. Every crash/reboot or master reset it will be gone again though and I can confirm this is still the case as I have already had to do a reboot since installing a couple of nights ago in order to get my Sirius traffic info back on the map. Sure enough, after the reboot, it was (and still is as I have not used an active route yet) gone.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #355
thosw
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92594
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Ti 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 thosw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
I am now able to add spaces with v3.2.2.

Does this mean that other features beyond Climate are also broken on installations of v3.2.2 on different cars? Sheesh.
That's really strange. My Space character button is grayed out just as it was in 3.0.2. My Build Date was 08/09/2011.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #356
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
That's really strange. My Space character button is grayed out just as it was in 3.0.2. My Build Date was 08/09/2011.
When did you install the update? This guy had the space bar back right after installation but lost it again about a week later.

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=5988
Old 09-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #357
thosw
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92594
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Ti 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 thosw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
When did you install the update? This guy had the space bar back right after installation but lost it again about a week later.

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=5988
I installed 3.2.2 the first day it became available on SMR. As I mentioned in an earlier post, after installing the update, my system retained my custom wallpaper and my navigation favorites. All I had to do was to reinstall my phone. I thought I lost everything (like a master reset) when I performed the previous version updates. What was your experience?

Today was the first time I added a new Navigation Favorite, so I can't be certain about when the inability to use the Space character button occurred.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #358
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
I installed 3.2.2 the first day it became available on SMR. As I mentioned in an earlier post, after installing the update, my system retained my custom wallpaper and my navigation favorites. All I had to do was to reinstall my phone. I thought I lost everything (like a master reset) when I performed the previous version updates. What was your experience?

Today was the first time I added a new Navigation Favorite, so I can't be certain about when the inability to use the Space character button occurred.
I deleted my current phone before the update so no surprise that that was not there. I don't use wallpaper so I can't speak to that. My stereo presets (AM/FM/Sirius) were all lost. I don't have any saved Nav favorites but everything in my Nav previous destinations was still there so I didn't lose those.

I'll have to give the space bar a check tonight to see if it functional or not.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #359
Focusinva
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98059
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Focusinva Good Standing Member
Please wait for a SYNC Agent to respond.
All SYNC Agents are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

I can't imagine what's going on ?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #360
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Took my Focus in yesterday for the MFT issue (as well as 6 other things. Wrote a two page, highly descriptive letter, with pictures, explaining everything because I am sick and tired of them not fixing things due to it being "normal" or for whatever reason. They stated they were impressed with the detail and were able to recreate all the issues, so that's something). They stated that they were ordering a new APIM because the 3.2.2. version wasn't for the Focus, at least that's what Ford told them when they called. Told him it showed up on SMR and he said that was weird, but obviously wasn't sure why that would happen. (Pretty much word for word: "What happened was the update you flashed wasn't for the Focus and that's why you lost all those controls." "But it showed up as an update on SMR specifically for my car?" "Really? That's...I don't know why that happened, but we're going to go ahead and replace it with the latest version for the Focus and get you fixed up.") So I have to wonder if someone didn't push the update for the other vehicles to the Focus VINs on accident and people pulled it before they realized what happened. Oh well, maybe MFT will be all fixed now with the new hardware
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->