Stock 2013 Ford Focus ST Drag Run - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #81
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanzx5 View Post
3200+ pound car getting mid to low 14s isnt bad. take out some weight exhaust upgrade maybe better intake and ignition and you could be seeing high 13s to low 14s.

all depends on how the car takes to bolt ons and of course loosing 200+pounds will shave some time off that. take the spare tire and stock sub out, back seat, door panels, trunk carpet gotta be able to atleast get .1-.3 faster on the 1/4 mile. a few bolt ons to shred another .1-.3 off and for a decent price you could have a nice quick daily driver.
Or you can just add a CAI, exhaust and tune and push 300+ HP and not have to gut your car.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #82
incubus625
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 38414
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Fiesta Hatch 5 speed

FF Reputation: 2 incubus625 Good Standing Member
Depends on how popular the car is. Im pretty confident the new st will get some aftermarket tuning options, But for cars like the fiesta there are still no tuning options and its been out since 2010. I had a 2010 wrangler and that was the last year anyone offered a performance tune for, and for the years after that there is still no tunng options for the motors, even the new 3.6. So dont get your hopes up yet. And besides people on this form have only had the new st for what 2 weeks tops??? Its gonna take awhile to crack the encryptions.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #83
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus625 View Post
Depends on how popular the car is. Im pretty confident the new st will get some aftermarket tuning options, But for cars like the fiesta there are still no tuning options and its been out since 2010. I had a 2010 wrangler and that was the last year anyone offered a performance tune for, and for the years after that there is still no tunng options for the motors, even the new 3.6. So dont get your hopes up yet. And besides people on this form have only had the new st for what 2 weeks tops??? Its gonna take awhile to crack the encryptions.
The difference being that naturally aspirated cars are almost pointless to tune for.

Forced induction cars make the most sense.

I'm not holding my breath for a 2.0 NA tune. A 2.0 EB? Especially since this engine now powers the Focus, Edge, Escape and Fusion? Makes a better business case.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #84
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Or you can just add a CAI, exhaust and tune and push 300+ HP and not have to gut your car.
With out knowing how the St will react to bolt ons you are making a huge guess on power gain from basic bolt ons. Also with no available tuning the next logical thing to do is gut the rear of the car and add what few bolt ons there are right now and hope for a .5 second faster 1/4 mile
Old 09-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #85
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Get some base model 16's. Add 24" slicks. Drop the clutch. Enjoy your "fastest ST in the country" title for a couple weeks.

Then add nitrous with the same recipe, run 12's and forever be the first ST in the 12's.

=D
- Jody -
Old 09-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #86
SteedaBrandon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96136
What I Drive: n/a

FF Reputation: 1 SteedaBrandon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo86GT View Post
Get some base model 16's. Add 24" slicks. Drop the clutch. Enjoy your "fastest ST in the country" title for a couple weeks.

Then add nitrous with the same recipe, run 12's and forever be the first ST in the 12's.

=D
Now that sounds like an idea!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #87
CharlieRose
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86472
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 CharlieRose Good Standing Member
I was happy to hear the tire slip during shift to 3rd gear. In my mind, the Subaru BRZ has edged ahead of the ST as a potential purchase, but admittedly the ST would school the BRZ in this kind of face-off. If only we could get the BRZ's style with the ST's powerplant.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #88
RazorbackMustang
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102875
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus, 2011 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 RazorbackMustang Good Standing Member
Not a fan of the BRZ/FRS/whatever personally. It wreaks of typical Japansese styling which is utterly unappealing to me. The ST is a useful car as well, so IMO it is a much better all around car. Utility and performance in the same package.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #89
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
The BRZ is coming in an STI variety which will solve the HP issues but still not as practical as the ST but I doubt most BRZ buyers really care much past the 2 front seats.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #90
CharlieRose
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86472
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 CharlieRose Good Standing Member
Right. I've told the Subaru dealer that I'm not making a decision without hearing the specs of the 2014 model, which people are speculating may have a bit more juice than the current version. I don't really need an STI version, but 50 more HP would be nice.

As for the Focus ST, I'd have probably jumped on that already if it were offered in a sedan (or even better a coupe), but as a hatchback I can't do it. Super cool car though, and I find that now I'm staring at all the Foci I pass every day looking for the ST badge and grill. Still haven't seen my first one though.

Bookmarks & Social Networks