Invisible Mask - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
andriykoua
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104282
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 andriykoua Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Invisible Mask

I bought my new Focus Titanium and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Invisible Mask products (www.invisiblemask.com) in terms of quality, easiness of the installation and price.

You feedback is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 46 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Welcome to the forum.

I moved your thread to the General Car chat area. The technical chat area section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 09-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #3
andriykoua
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using FF Mobile
Old 09-27-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 46 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
No problem. Wish I had some experience to tell you about the invisible mask. I do know of some that have put it on. Looks alright, can't tell it's there till you get right up on the car. Other than that I can't tell you much.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 09-27-2012, 05:12 AM   #5
andriykoua
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Np, I am more concerned about the quality. Read some reviews and they look scary:confused:

Old 09-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #6
Tom
FF Founder

Fan#: 2
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I'm a big proponent of using clear film protection, I currently have it on my Focus and it's held up great for the past few years.

Invisible Mask uses 3M/Ventureshield (3M owns Ventureshield) so its extremely good material. That said the process of installing the clear film is not as easy as it looks. It's like installing window tint but on a different level because of the car's contour. You might want to take a look at a few videos and try a small area before attempting the larger ones. If you don't do it right you'll end up with bubbles underneath the film or worst-case scenario..tearing it.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Another option is to have a professional install it, sites like http://www.xpel.com/ will have listings of people that do this for a living.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102548
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 jdetzel Good Standing Member
I had it on my Tundra for 10 years. It was finally starting to turn yellow. My truck was white so it showed the age more that a darker color probably would.

I installed it myself, it was not too hard. Basically you spray soapy water over everything, the vehicle, the back of the material and your hands. This allows you to position the material and then you squeegee all the water from beneath and the adhesive sticks it down. Doing the bumper on our cars will probably be a handful. Better have two people and make sure everything it clean. If you get any contaminants on the back side the film it is ruined.

I have ordered film for my headlamps for some extra UV protection. http://www.etrailer.com/Lamp-Guards/...eid=2012992498 With the way the tops are exposed to the sun I think they will start to turn. If you buy a kit (I think that may be the same place I got mine) it may include headlamp film as well.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
andriykoua
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I'm a big proponent of using clear film protection, I currently have it on my Focus and it's held up great for the past few years.

Invisible Mask uses 3M/Ventureshield (3M owns Ventureshield) so its extremely good material. That said the process of installing the clear film is not as easy as it looks. It's like installing window tint but on a different level because of the car's contour. You might want to take a look at a few videos and try a small area before attempting the larger ones. If you don't do it right you'll end up with bubbles underneath the film or worst-case scenario..tearing it.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Another option is to have a professional install it, sites like http://www.xpel.com/ will have listings of people that do this for a living.
Thank you guys for sharing the info, much appreciated :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
I had it on my Tundra for 10 years. It was finally starting to turn yellow. My truck was white so it showed the age more that a darker color probably would.

I installed it myself, it was not too hard. Basically you spray soapy water over everything, the vehicle, the back of the material and your hands. This allows you to position the material and then you squeegee all the water from beneath and the adhesive sticks it down. Doing the bumper on our cars will probably be a handful. Better have two people and make sure everything it clean. If you get any contaminants on the back side the film it is ruined.

I have ordered film for my headlamps for some extra UV protection. http://www.etrailer.com/Lamp-Guards/...eid=2012992498 With the way the tops are exposed to the sun I think they will start to turn. If you buy a kit (I think that may be the same place I got mine) it may include headlamp film as well.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
elsolo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96835
What I Drive: 2003 dark shadow grey metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 17 elsolo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
It works pretty good against stone chips.
We used to install 3M on Cobra replicas, they are rock chip magnets.
It will eventually yellow a bit, it will be more noticeable on certain colors more than others.
It is a little tricky to install, until somebody with experience shows you the tricks. I imagine tint or vinyl wrap is similar in application techniques.

Bookmarks & Social Networks