Sync directions download incomplete - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #11
slconline
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103617
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 slconline Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm having this same problem right now. I use an iPhone 4S with AT&T. Thought it was the phone, but I suspect not after reading this. I'm pretty frustrated. Any suggestions or resolutions since last message here?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
Risa.Simon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101935
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Risa.Simon Good Standing Member
From the extremely helpful Jaclyn:

Although you'll have to pair your phone again once this is complete, I recommend resetting your system.

To do so, press the clock and go through the following menu sequence: SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Before pairing your phone again, remove the battery from your device. This will reset the Bluetooth chip.

If you need helping with pairing, check out our support page:

http://Support.Ford.com/sync-technol...our-phone-sync
Old 09-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
slconline
Focus Rookie

Thanks Risa! I'm going to try the reset, but can't take the battery out of my iPhone. Stupid apple.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #14
slconline
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risa.Simon View Post
Jaclyn,

Any solutions? I am having the same problems:
1) directions download repeatedly does not complete;
2) on the two occasions when the download did complete (following several "retries"), no directions were provided;
3) Sometimes when the download fails, I recieve audio directions anyway and cannot cancel the route because no route is active.

Vehicle: 2012 Focus Hatchback Titanium w/ My Touch
Phone: iPhone 3G on Straight Talk Network

P.S. I followed your reverse pairing directions. While this solved a couple other problems I'd been having, it did not resolve the above-mentioned issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Risa
I'm having the exact same problem as Risa, all three items exactly as she described, though my phone is an iPhone 4S on AT&T. I have now done a master reset and repaired my phone with the reverse pairing method. Can't remove the battery from the iPhone though. Tried to download directions again and failed again. It worked the first time before I left the dealer, then failed multiple times, worked one more time, has now failed dozens more times. I've had the car two weeks and bought it specifically for the sync system over a Honda. Not happy.

Any more suggestions? Jaclyn, are you still around with some more insights?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #15
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,177, Level 28
Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risa.Simon View Post
From the extremely helpful Jaclyn:
Although you'll have to pair your phone again once this is complete, I recommend resetting your system.
To do so, press the clock and go through the following menu sequence: SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET
Before pairing your phone again, remove the battery from your device. This will reset the Bluetooth chip.
If you need helping with pairing, check out our support page:
Aww, thanks, Risa.Simon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slconline View Post
I'm having the exact same problem as Risa, all three items exactly as she described, though my phone is an iPhone 4S on AT&T. I have now done a master reset and repaired my phone with the reverse pairing method. Can't remove the battery from the iPhone though. Tried to download directions again and failed again. It worked the first time before I left the dealer, then failed multiple times, worked one more time, has now failed dozens more times. I've had the car two weeks and bought it specifically for the sync system over a Honda. Not happy.
Any more suggestions? Jaclyn, are you still around with some more insights?
Hi, slconline -

I'm still hanging around. Sorry you didn't hear from me yesterday, I've been slammed with iPhone 5 questions. ;)

Since you cannot remove the battery, we recommend resetting your iPhone. (Don't worry you won't lose any settings)To do so, press and hold the home button and sleep button simultaneously, until the Apple logo appears.

Please PM me your VIN or email address so I can confirm your account is set up correctly.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #16
Stars4jon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103518
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SE HB

Points 120, Level 2
Points: 120, Level: 2 Points: 120, Level: 2 Points: 120, Level: 2
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Stars4jon Good Standing Member
Hi Jaclyn, I have sent two PMs in regards to Sync questions. Could you please respond. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #17
slconline
Focus Rookie

Hi Jaclyn, I bet you are slammed with iPhone 5... Thanks for getting back to me! i actually abandoned my iPhone for a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket last night - I'll send you a pm with my info. I did another master reset, then reverse paired the Galaxy S2. Still having the problem. PM coming up next.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #18
slconline
Focus Rookie

Jaclyn - you mention making sure my account is set up correctly. There wasn't actually an option for my exact system. The choices were either MFT with Nav or Sync with the two little screens and no touch at all I think? I picked one the first day and then I may have changed it? What should it be set to? I have MFT, no nav obviously. :)
Old 09-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #19
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,369, Level 20
Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 3%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
If you have MFT and you've tried Jaclyn's suggestions and it still doesn't work. Try the delayedreboot.cab(google it). This or removing the battery from the phone seems to fix the issue for me.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #20
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,177, Level 28
Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars4jon View Post
Hi Jaclyn, I have sent two PMs in regards to Sync questions. Could you please respond. Thanks.
I hope you received my reply, Stars4jon. Your Focus is equipped with the latest software.

Quote:
Hi Jaclyn, I bet you are slammed with iPhone 5... Thanks for getting back to me! i actually abandoned my iPhone for a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket last night - I'll send you a pm with my info. I did another master reset, then reverse paired the Galaxy S2. Still having the problem. PM coming up next.
Quote:
Jaclyn - you mention making sure my account is set up correctly. There wasn't actually an option for my exact system. The choices were either MFT with Nav or Sync with the two little screens and no touch at all I think? I picked one the first day and then I may have changed it? What should it be set to? I have MFT, no nav obviously. :)
No problem, slconline, I received your PM and replied, I have a couple more questions for you. To be perfectly honest, it doesn't matter which picture you select when setting up your account. We know which system you have based upon the VIN that's entered. When I mentioned your account being setup correctly, I wanted to make sure you didn't have more than one account created. Believe it or not, it happens all the time and that of course in an easy fix. I see that you have only one. I'll look for your reply later.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.