Snorkel Delete - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #51
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103386
Location: San Diego, CA
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

Posts: 169
FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So far my gas mileage seems to have been reduced by this mod...

I don't get why that would be, going to give it another tank or so.

I was averaging 33-34 and now I am averaging 31-32.
Justintoxicated is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #52
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Fan#: 1195
Location: Lansing, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 252
FF Reputation: 4 dbenney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
So far my gas mileage seems to have been reduced by this mod...

I don't get why that would be, going to give it another tank or so.

I was averaging 33-34 and now I am averaging 31-32.
are you driving it any different?
dbenney is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #53
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 103386
Location: San Diego, CA
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

Posts: 169
FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
are you driving it any different?
No, but I could swear it accelerates a little better down low but its very very small difference. Actually my commute has added MORE freeway driving, I seem to get less MPG on the freeway now and more around town (maybe the same) I wonder if adding more air causes the computers to inject more gas when driving along on the freeway.

I was reading this thread on a nissan truck forum:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...kick-arse.html

I ordered the bluetooth OBD2 device. I will have to see if it works on the focus, it would be nice to have real data to see Air / Fuel Ratios, intake temperatures etc. Maybe I will pop the snorkle back on and run some testing too. This will take a while to gather any real data though.
Justintoxicated is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #54
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96374
Location: St. Paul, MN
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

Posts: 680
FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
No, but I could swear it accelerates a little better down low but its very very small difference. Actually my commute has added MORE freeway driving, I seem to get less MPG on the freeway now and more around town (maybe the same) I wonder if adding more air causes the computers to inject more gas when driving along on the freeway.

I was reading this thread on a nissan truck forum:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...kick-arse.html

I ordered the bluetooth OBD2 device. I will have to see if it works on the focus, it would be nice to have real data to see Air / Fuel Ratios, intake temperatures etc. Maybe I will pop the snorkle back on and run some testing too. This will take a while to gather any real data though.
You will only get useable AF ratio information if this car has a wideband O2 sensor.... which would be nice.
__________________
What's that?? You'd like an eco-tune...
amoosenamedhank is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #55
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover
 
BetaDnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87466
Location: Buffalo, NY
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

Posts: 1,883
FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm only on my first full tank since the delete, but I'm noticing my mileage hasn't really changed. That's with 160 mile highway trip. And yes, Justintoxicated, it is logical to expect the engine to use more fuel when it's drawing more air to keep the A:F where it should be.
__________________
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
BetaDnB is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #56
dyn085
That Guy
 
dyn085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98047
Location: Fayetteville, NC
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

Posts: 11,306
FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
So far my gas mileage seems to have been reduced by this mod...

I don't get why that would be, going to give it another tank or so.

I was averaging 33-34 and now I am averaging 31-32.
I don't know or understand why you might see a drop (not saying it isn't happening) with an OEM filter because the OEM filter restricts air in the same manner. I only have one dyno that was mis-calibrated on the OEM filter, but it showed the same hp (tq is what needs calibration) with the delete as without.

Keep an eye on it and hand-calc if possible for comparison. I will say that this car is extremely touchy with air modifications, as my mileage is already starting to creep back up after removing the Newmission this weekend.

Sent from my stupid phone.
__________________

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
Hatch Nation #161
dyn085 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #57
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.
 
jdubhack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 103056
Location: Edmond, OK
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

Posts: 5,232
FF Reputation: 36 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I just threw a K&N in mine with the previously mentioned snorkel and shroud delete.

Sounds great, performs great, and no dip in MPG even though my foot has been heavier.
__________________


<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner
jdubhack is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #58
TiStick
Boob Whisperer
 
TiStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96514
Location: Los Banos, CA
What I Drive: Like yours, only better

Posts: 5,943
FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I don't know or understand why you might see a drop (not saying it isn't happening) with an OEM filter because the OEM filter restricts air in the same manner. I only have one dyno that was mis-calibrated on the OEM filter, but it showed the same hp (tq is what needs calibration) with the delete as without.

Keep an eye on it and hand-calc if possible for comparison. I will say that this car is extremely touchy with air modifications, as my mileage is already starting to creep back up after removing the Newmission this weekend.

Sent from my stupid phone.
I agree with the touchiness of allowing it to breath more. I've also been revving to here her growl after I did my hole saw mod. Still good mpg's, but nowhere near exceptional. I've never had exceptional, 34ish is my best tank in 10k miles.
__________________
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
TiStick is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #59
thehun
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 102696
Location: SOMEWHERE, MO
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

Posts: 129
FF Reputation: 1 thehun Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Are you guys using 91? If you dont...you should...
__________________
2012 Focus SE Hatch

5-Speed Manual
thehun is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #60
TiStick
Boob Whisperer
 
TiStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96514
Location: Los Banos, CA
What I Drive: Like yours, only better

Posts: 5,943
FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Are you guys using 91? If you dont...you should...
I've done tests at 93 and 87. If I know I'm roadtripping-93. Otherwise the extra cost doesn't add that many miles to my commute. If it got me an extra day between fill ups, that might be worth it. It doesn't
__________________
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
TiStick is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.