SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 30 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #291
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Understood, but does that make your MFT "build date" 2012?

TiPilot was your APIM or BCM ever replaced?
Yup, APIM was replaced around April 10th of this year. No idea what the build date of the new APIM is.

It's worth noting that the APIM was replaced to fix "stuck" voice nametags and Nav SD Card Faults. The former was fixed by v3.2.2; the latter still persists.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #292
georgegren
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96328
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5 door Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 georgegren Good Standing Member
My build date is 12/1/2011
With Nav.

After update I have the "OFF" issue with the Climate Screen.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #293
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
After a couple days with v3.2.2, I can confirm that Ford most definitely did not fix the bug where a newly-recognized audio source (e.g. after plugging in an iPod or following a BT pairing) is highlighted but not selected in the list.

You still have to click over to another source and then back to the new one to select it.
You're right. That and the disappearing radio presets were the only things I wanted fixed... now I have no climate.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #294
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
After a couple days with v3.2.2, I can confirm that Ford most definitely did not fix the bug where a newly-recognized audio source (e.g. after plugging in an iPod or following a BT pairing) is highlighted but not selected in the list.

You still have to click over to another source and then back to the new one to select it.
Yep, one of the first things I checked last night after installing. I also still have the issue where it does not find my phone fast enough as a BT audio source, defaults to FM, and then finds my phone and highlights BT leaving me with both FM and BT highlighted and hitting either does nothing. I then have to go to a third audio source to clear those two and then back to BT to get it functional.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #295
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I then have to go to a third audio source to clear those two and then back to BT to get it functional.
This works, you can also go to another quadrant (phone, climate, or navi) and then back to entertainment and the BT will have unhighlighted. I prefer this method because I don't have to deal with AM static (I literally have no AM presets, lol) or Sirius delay, etc.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #296
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yep, one of the first things I checked last night after installing. I also still have the issue where it does not find my phone fast enough as a BT audio source, defaults to FM, and then finds my phone and highlights BT leaving me with both FM and BT highlighted and hitting either does nothing. I then have to go to a third audio source to clear those two and then back to BT to get it functional.
Mine does the same thing - up to the point of highlighting both FM and BT. Mine just highlights BT. I think. Gonna have to pay more attention next time.

Tho, to be fair, it's been doing that on v3.0.2 for months... so at least it didn't get worse?

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 09-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #297
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
This works, you can also go to another quadrant (phone, climate, or navi) and then back to entertainment and the BT will have unhighlighted. I prefer this method because I don't have to deal with AM static (I literally have no AM presets, lol) or Sirius delay, etc.
Thanks, I never tried the "other quad" trick. Might be quicker. Now that BT is down on the second option list and when it finally finds the phone it goes to BT I currently have to scroll up, hit AM, Sirius, or USB, wait for it to launch that, then scroll down again and hit BT.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #298
manderson952
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91178
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 manderson952 Good Standing Member
I installed the update yesterday, and, along with other members on this thread, I can confirm that the climate quadrant is unresponsive. I also installed the update without the climate on.

"You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!"
Old 09-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #299
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Installed the update yesterday and it went perfectly. No issues with the climate controls.
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12
Old 09-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #300
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendarus View Post
Installed the update yesterday and it went perfectly. No issues with the climate controls.
The more people post about whether or not it went well (typically the climate controls working or not) I sense that something changed for 2012? Maybe even just before (again, mine built Dec 2011)... and those that had parts replaced in MFT in 2012 seem to be okay? AHHH, my head hurts.

Bookmarks & Social Networks