SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 28 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #271
bcornea81
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88462
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 bcornea81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey just an FYI...I had issues confirming the update after it was installed. I finally received a response back from Ford on the issue. They stated to "Run a Vehicle Health Report when finished with the update" I did run it and now its not asking for an update anymore off of the syncmyride.com website. I think it did work.

Try it guys and see what happens.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using FF Mobile
Born Date: May 26, 2011
Pick-Up Date: June 20, 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #272
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102548
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 jdetzel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
The dealer can't fix it as they don't have the proper software to make it right. Let's be sure we point the finger at the responsible party here and the dealer is not that person. Ford corporate is 100% to blame for this mess. They have been given the chance to make this right for all of us and yet they seem unable or unwilling to do it. Either they are not putting the right resources into fixing the issue because of the cost or internal politics, or they simply don't care enough to make the hard choices. Perhaps they have an outsourcing issue here. If they are relying on another company to provide the goods, they might be in a tough spot because they have no in-house development team and are help captive by another company while they bring new people online.

I just don't want us to blame the dealers on this. Sure I am critical of the dealer when you take your car it time and time and they act like you must prove you have a well documented issue. I also hate to get my car back and everything says "normal operation" on the work order, but this time they are right.
Absolutely. Did not intend it to come across that way.
The meaning was the dealer needs a solution form the manufacturer before they can resolve the issue.
The dealer is the dealer some are better than others, I have 5 or so here in my area I have been to 2 of them. One was useless and the other was ok. But in this particular case there is no point referring somone to the dealer when they will not know how to fix the car.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #273
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
Absolutely. Did not intend it to come across that way.
The meaning was the dealer needs a solution form the manufacturer before they can resolve the issue.
The dealer is the dealer some are better than others, I have 5 or so here in my area I have been to 2 of them. One was useless and the other was ok. But in this particular case there is no point referring somone to the dealer when they will not know how to fix the car.
Agreed.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #274
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
Why? The dealer doesn't know how to fix it. Ford doesn't know how to fix it!
I know that. But I'm doing it anyway because they told me to. At this point I want everything that has gone wrong documented.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #275
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102548
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 jdetzel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
I know that. But I'm doing it anyway because they told me to. At this point I want everything that has gone wrong documented.
Understood, I would probably do that same.
My post was not about why would one go, but why would they tell somone to do that. They know it doesn't work, they have pulled the update.
Of course maybe that want to do some sort of diagnostic to try and find a solution.
I would like to hear what are the results of your visit.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #276
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah I think just having the documentation is smart. Are you preparing the documentation for something? I think everyone knows that I already started my case. Just wondering if you were thinking about doing the same?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #277
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Yeah I think just having the documentation is smart. Are you preparing the documentation for something? I think everyone knows that I already started my case. Just wondering if you were thinking about doing the same?
What did you start/on what basis and evidence? Just curious.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #278
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Build Date Issue?

Starting to notice that of those who have mentioned their build dates, the ones in 2012 seem to have the most luck working... Has anyone with build date 2012 had the climate issues? Or any others?

Mine was built Dec 2011 ... and someone else (TiFocus I think) had the same build month and his climate and everything worked. My climate and such do not.

Also, documentation would be great! But ... the last time I went into the dealer to have them check my front passenger struts (did the TSB on driver side), their report said nothing in regards to them checking it and saying they couldn't hear it. So much for documentation
Old 09-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #279
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Yeah, always good to document everything. One thing the dealer can do that we cannot is wipe out the system and reinstall the latest version "clean". If the problems result from conflicts arising from installing a newer version over an existing version then it may help. Unfortunately from my experience this doesn't seem to be the case. I had 3.0.2 reinstalled twice by my dealer (and an APIM replacement as well). Didn't fix anything, same problems existed so it wasn't an install issue(s). So basically, the dealer can remove Ford's buggy software and reinstall a fresh version of Ford's buggy software.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #280
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
What did you start/on what basis and evidence? Just curious.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ight=lemon+law

This should give you more information.

Bookmarks & Social Networks