Rattling from door area stereo when playing music? - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #51
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
I fixed my noise from my passenger door.

I took the rubber cover for the wiimote and cut a few square pieces. One piece I put down into the cubby inbetween the front plastic piece and the base of the cubby. Then I put two more pieces of rubber underneath the door plastic in between the metal of the door.

The rattling is 100% gone. So much happier now.
This sounds like a simple and effective solution for the speaker/door panel rattle issue. I just noticed mine is starting to do this.

Can you explain a little better or take a few pics of the places you inserted the rubber? What is a wiimote exactly? I think I know where to put the pieces underneath the door panel but not sure where it was the first piece you mentioned goes. I will look at the cubby closer and try to figure it out anyway.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #52
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
This sounds like a simple and effective solution for the speaker/door panel rattle issue. I just noticed mine is starting to do this.

Can you explain a little better or take a few pics of the places you inserted the rubber? What is a wiimote exactly? I think I know where to put the pieces underneath the door panel but not sure where it was the first piece you mentioned goes. I will look at the cubby closer and try to figure it out anyway.

Thanks
Seconding this. I have had a rattle in the front-right since I bought the car, I've had the dealer look at it and they insist it's not there... but it's flipping annoying. If there's an easy fix, I'd like to try it out ASAP!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #53
12RedHotHatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96478
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Focus Titanium Hback

FF Reputation: 1 12RedHotHatch Good Standing Member
I had a rattle on the passenger side. The dealer had drive it around to figure out what was causing it but ended up being the passenger seat track was loose. It is close enough to the passenger side speaker than it might be worth a look to see if you have the same rattle issue.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #54
BigFuzzyArchon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87167
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 BigFuzzyArchon Good Standing Member
yea forget letting the dealer touch my door and take it apart. I will live with some rubber inbetween my door. A wiimote is the controller for a nintendo wii. They come with this rubber case so that it doesn't bust shit up with you accidentally throw it. I just happened to have it around and cut some pieces out. The blue spots inbetween the plastic door panel and the actual metal of the door are where I stuck the rubber pieces. Also underneath on the part you cant see more towards the speaker. I haven't checked it in a while, the rattle is 96% gone but I can still hear some during certain songs. Depends on the bass frequency.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #55
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
^^^^Thanks for the detailed info on your fix! Makes sense what u did and sounds like a great solution for this problem. I agree about not having the dealer rip stuff apart unless there is no other option. Rubber shims can be the easiest and cheapest way to stop rattles I have learned this first hand in the past.

Good fix and good post! Cheers!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #56
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross smith View Post
I fixed my rear door vibrations or rattles when my music was turned up. I took the door armrest's off and packed a piece of high density foam between the the plastic door moulding and the inner foam lining, right behind the arm rest. The doors are noise free now when deep bass is there, I found that the inner foam lining was resonating against the plastic door moulding.
Do you happen to have a photo of what you did to fix your vibration? The vibration in my front passenger side door driving me INSAIN! The dealership has already replaced my speaker, and put insulation in the door panel, but it's still doing it. It's now time for me to take matters into my own hands.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #57
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
yea forget letting the dealer touch my door and take it apart. I will live with some rubber inbetween my door. A wiimote is the controller for a nintendo wii. They come with this rubber case so that it doesn't bust shit up with you accidentally throw it. I just happened to have it around and cut some pieces out. The blue spots inbetween the plastic door panel and the actual metal of the door are where I stuck the rubber pieces. Also underneath on the part you cant see more towards the speaker. I haven't checked it in a while, the rattle is 96% gone but I can still hear some during certain songs. Depends on the bass frequency.

AWESOME! Thanks for the tip! I will definitely give this a try as soon as I get the chance!
Old 09-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #58
santacruzfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104232
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 santacruzfocus Good Standing Member
Music Vibration

2nd time I took my 2012 Focus SE (6 speaker) in for the annoying vibration coming from both doors when playing music. Service did verify vibration and added some adhesive to the door clips. However, it was noted on the repair order as: 'Noted some improvement but for this design this is normal.'

I have 7,500 songs on my ipod that do not sound very good in this vehicle.

Not acceptable!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #59
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzfocus View Post
2nd time I took my 2012 Focus SE (6 speaker) in for the annoying vibration coming from both doors when playing music. Service did verify vibration and added some adhesive to the door clips. However, it was noted on the repair order as: 'Noted some improvement but for this design this is normal.'

I have 7,500 songs on my ipod that do not sound very good in this vehicle.

Not acceptable!

Hi santacruzfocus,

Are you happy with the repair that was made to your vehicle? Are you still experiencing vibration in the doors? If not, I'm happy to get you escalated to your region's Customer Service Manager; just send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, estimated mileage, and daytime phone number. I'll take care of everything from there.

Thanks,
-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #60
santacruzfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104232
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 santacruzfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi santacruzfocus,

Are you happy with the repair that was made to your vehicle? Are you still experiencing vibration in the doors? If not, I'm happy to get you escalated to your region's Customer Service Manager; just send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, estimated mileage, and daytime phone number. I'll take care of everything from there.

Thanks,
-Crystal
Any suggestions as to how to post a PM with the information provided me?

Bookmarks & Social Networks