SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 26 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #251
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faygo Focus View Post
Okay, thanks, yeah... had to make sure I had Java installed and Applets in the Browser enabled.
Java? SMH.

Hey Ford, 1999 called. It wants its security-hole-masquerading-as-a-browser-plugin back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #252
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
well i decided to update omw to work this morning. I was hesitant with all the climate issues and no apparent pattern. I have a 7/12 build date(dont remember exact day). I have Nav and was upgrading from gen2 V3.0.2. my install was done with no master reset or fuse pull. Install went without a hitch. I also DO NOT have the climate issue most are reporting. here are a couple issues i had:
1. had to repair phone(knew this was gonna happen... no biggie)
2. all radio presets were wiped (no biggie)
3. Sync initially had trouble understanding what i was saying(got better) while i was trying to reprogram my Sirius presets i was using voice commands and when saying "Boneyard"(my favorite station) it would jsut give the bad command tone. When I would say "Octane"(second favorite station) it would go to some Elvis station. I called them up by channel number and saved the presets. after that i had NO issues with it recognizing voice commands.

I saw some talk in an earlier post in this thread about people being unsure of how many files were in this upgrade. As I was OMW to work I saw the entire update progress. It went through 3 different phases the first phase said 1 of 15... after a while it restarted... the next phase it said 1 of 9 files... again after a while it restarted... then finally it said 1 of 4 files and finished out the install and restarted a final time.
I wish you all had as much success with you update as I did.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #253
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
well i decided to update omw to work this morning. I was hesitant with all the climate issues and no apparent pattern. I have a 7/12 build date(dont remember exact day). I have Nav and was upgrading from gen2 V3.0.2. my install was done with no master reset or fuse pull. Install went without a hitch. I also DO NOT have the climate issue most are reporting. here are a couple issues i had:
1. had to repair phone(knew this was gonna happen... no biggie)
2. all radio presets were wiped (no biggie)
3. Sync initially had trouble understanding what i was saying(got better) while i was trying to reprogram my Sirius presets i was using voice commands and when saying "Boneyard"(my favorite station) it would jsut give the bad command tone. When I would say "Octane"(second favorite station) it would go to some Elvis station. I called them up by channel number and saved the presets. after that i had NO issues with it recognizing voice commands.

I saw some talk in an earlier post in this thread about people being unsure of how many files were in this upgrade. As I was OMW to work I saw the entire update progress. It went through 3 different phases the first phase said 1 of 15... after a while it restarted... the next phase it said 1 of 9 files... again after a while it restarted... then finally it said 1 of 4 files and finished out the install and restarted a final time.
I wish you all had as much success with you update as I did.
I'm glad your install went well. Some of us opted to not install and many more did with less than desirable results.
Interestingly, Sync My Ride has pulled the update off the updates page.
Hatch Nation #174
Old 09-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #254
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
...It went through 3 different phases the first phase said 1 of 15... after a while it restarted... the next phase it said 1 of 9 files... again after a while it restarted... then finally it said 1 of 4 files and finished out the install and restarted a final time.
Same here - except I don't have working climate.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #255
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsp_53 View Post
Interestingly, Sync My Ride has pulled the update off the updates page.
hmmmm when they replace it I wonder if i should reflash it with the newer one? or leave it be because its working.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #256
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
hmmmm when they replace it I wonder if i should reflash it with the newer one? or leave it be because its working.
I was wondering the same. My guess is that they'll have instructions specific to or that include those that have already performed the update. For all those that did with frustrating results, I hope that it is soon.
Hatch Nation #174
Old 09-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #257
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
I dissected the update package last night. The files in the SyncMyRide folder are so named based on the part number they are designed to update. These files are applied in a specific order according to a manifest in the root folder. What gets installed and the exact order depends on version level of the system when the update is applied.

The point of all this is there are several factors at play here and it's likely that not everybody's system received the same files in the same order; which is why some of us are having trouble and others are not.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #258
Gigi12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104208
What I Drive: 2012, Grey Sterling, Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Gigi12 Good Standing Member
The update is still up for me on the Sync my ride... Sometimes it says I've successfully updated, and other times, it says I'm still with v.3.0.2... Pffffff !!!

At least, everything is running smooth with 3.2.2 !
Old 09-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #259
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
The point of all this is there are several factors at play here and it's likely that not everybody's system received the same files in the same order; which is why some of us are having trouble and others are not.
I already investigated that possibility but that doesn't seem to be the case.
People that have upgraded from 3.0.2 (12023) have had mixed results.

Other possibilities include a communication problem between the APIM and HVAC module which may indicate different firmware in the HVAC module or the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster), which acts as a gateway between the HVAC module (MS-CAN bus) and the APIM (I-CAN bus).
Old 09-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #260
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi12 View Post
The update is still up for me on the Sync my ride... Sometimes it says I've successfully updated, and other times, it says I'm still with v.3.0.2... Pffffff !!!

At least, everything is running smooth with 3.2.2 !
mine does the same thing.

Bookmarks & Social Networks