SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 21 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #201
Focusinva
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98059
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Focusinva Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The person I got was very friendly. He suggested the master reset also. I told him that others had tried it without success. He provided me his email address and I sent him the link to this forum. He is going to pass it on to the people in his office that are supposed to stay on top of issues like this. Hopefully we will get a fix soon after they read through these posts and what troubleshooting people have already attempted.

One can assume the dealer has te same 3.2.2 that was released, so a trip there will probably solve nothing until the update is corrected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #202
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Dec 2011 build. I have the CC issues. Voice commands for CC do not work, though they are still listed in the choice of commands.

2.11=>3.02=>3.2.2

I did have an USB with my music on it in the other USB port.

System does seem to respond faster when changing channels on radio.

No Nav.

Question: What the I on the bottom of the screen next to the "house"? I'm assuming it has something to do with nav.
Same build month, same upgrade path for me.

Both times I did it on my own USB drive. Took out my music USB drive (I have no NAV) and had a successful install the first time.

The CC buttons work (but don't show I'm making any changes, like light up) and I haven't tried the voice commands, but I'd suspect they don't work either since I have the exact same issues :( I'm in no rush to get to the dealer on this since the physical buttons/dials below are fine. I'll broach the subject when the car goes in for the rear taillight issues (paint being taken off by the light) later this week.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #203
TehMark
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87530
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 TehMark Good Standing Member
You guys know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results right?

Also, you're breaking your HVAC to display an outside temperature and FM channel buttons. These are two things that I couldn't care less about. They should be fixing bluetooth connectivity and metadata issues instead of stupid effing icons. I really should have bought an elantra.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #204
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMark View Post
These are two things that I couldn't care less about. They should be fixing bluetooth connectivity and metadata issues instead of stupid effing icons.
Everyone uses their system in different ways. I couldn't care less about bluetooth and metadata. I'd like to see fixes to the mysterious radio stations when switching modes and direction downloads from services.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #205
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
I really should have bought an elantra.
That creeps into my head every once in awhile, then I drive my girlfriends Elantra. After experiencing the mushy shifts, boat-like suspension and loosey-goosey hydraulic steering, I don't sweat the stupid touchscreen as much.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #206
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusinva View Post
The person I got was very friendly. He suggested the master reset also. I told him that others had tried it without success. He provided me his email address and I sent him the link to this forum. He is going to pass it on to the people in his office that are supposed to stay on top of issues like this. Hopefully we will get a fix soon after they read through these posts and what troubleshooting people have already attempted.

One can assume the dealer has te same 3.2.2 that was released, so a trip there will probably solve nothing until the update is corrected.
The master reset is useless if you've already installed V3.2.2, because when you go to put the USB back in, it says the version is already installed. Bananas!!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #207
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
I've found a temporary fix!

But May 2011 build, 2.10 factory with the 2.11, 3.0.2, and 3.2.2 updates. Still no CC, I'll have to try an actual fuse pull instead of just the "Master Reset" which did nothing. In fact, I didn't even lose my radio presets, just my background.

EDIT: Also, I contacted SYNC/MFT via their website to let them know about our issues and (of course) referenced this thread's home page.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #208
TehMark
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87530
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 TehMark Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Everyone uses their system in different ways. I couldn't care less about bluetooth and metadata. I'd like to see fixes to the mysterious radio stations when switching modes and direction downloads from services.
I really doubt sync services will get any love. I don't think anyone uses it. This is old dial up tech that is akin to onstar. It sucks, completely. Buy any modern phone and it has everything that sync services has but instead of 10 minutes on the phone it takes 10 seconds. I could call sync services and ask for directions or I can hit a button on my iphone and ask siri to route me to my destination. Are you really going to tell me that sync services is worth a crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
That creeps into my head every once in awhile, then I drive my girlfriends Elantra. After experiencing the mushy shifts, boat-like suspension and loosey-goosey hydraulic steering, I don't sweat the stupid touchscreen as much.
My friend has a nice 2012 elantra limited that I've ridden in but never drove. I just know it's really embarrassing when MFT craps the bed. I've never seen the elantra wig out like our systems do on a regular basis. My car can't even tell time correctly. It is good to know that our handling is better at least.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #209
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
My friend has a nice 2012 elantra limited that I've ridden in but never drove. I just know it's really embarrassing when MFT craps the bed. I've never seen the elantra wig out like our systems do on a regular basis. My car can't even tell time correctly. It is good to know that our handling is better at least.
For sure, she has the touchscreen and nav and it has NEVER wigged out, other than all of her sound disappearing a couple of weeks ago that turned out to be a bad hardware module.

It is embarassing, but the Focus is a better driving car, at least when the tranny is working right(whole other subject!).....

Old 09-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #210
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
For sure, she has the touchscreen and nav and it has NEVER wigged out, other than all of her sound disappearing a couple of weeks ago that turned out to be a bad hardware module.

It is embarassing, but the Focus is a better driving car, at least when the tranny is working right(whole other subject!).....

Imagine if I had gotten a manual with a regular radio, I probably wouldn't even be on this website anymore... okay that's a lie. But I'd only have to frequent the "mod" sections.

EDIT: I'd also have another $10k laying around.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->