DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 156 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #1551
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,928, Level 33
Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I went to drop it off last night after work – mind you it was shuddering and grinding badly, but the techs had already left for the day.

So (of course) when I went to drop it off this morning the engine/clutches were cold and it barely made any grinding noises at all… I had the guy come for a ride just in the parking lot. I could still hear the grinding, but he didn’t. But I’m used to it so I know what I was supposed to hear. Anyway, I only tried it twice and didn’t even think about trying it with the windows down so I just left it there and went to work.

They’re also supposed to fix the intermittent IA and no low washer fluid warning issues as well. I wanted to get those out of the way before my 36k/3yr warranty is up (which will be next month at this rate). If they say they can't hear the grinding I'll just ask them to check for transmission fluid leaks and take it in again on a weekend when it's all warmed up and crunchy.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #1552
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Points 2,928, Level 33
Level Up 19% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
They called me back already and said they fixed the no low windshield washer fluid issue. They said they couldn't replicate the IA access issue (even though there's clearly a TSB for it) and they also said my transmission noises were "normal." Although, I'm sure the clutches were nice and cold and they probably didn't drive it uphill.

If I just buy a new $700 clutch pack and install it myself, does this void my warranty? If I do this, I'm throwing the old clutch pack on their desk and telling them to off.

Unlike some other users, I can't afford another $26k car. But I can guarantee that I will NEVER buy new car from Ford.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #1553
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp3583 View Post
The grinding and bucking has all but stopped, there's an occasional misstep but no big deal. I'm at 2400mi and it appears the computer has figured out how to shift, I just hope there was no permanent damage.

That being said, this thing is now a pleasure to drive. It actually feels quite peppy for a little four banger, aside from the occasional extremely late shift, this thing can really get up and go. It pulls nicely on the highway even at high speed, that was a very pleasant surprise. All in all, I'm very pleased with the Focus.
I can finally agree 100% with this.

@PratoN - Any chance you have another nearby Ford dealer that you can take it too? Except this time make sure the car is warmed up. I ran into the exact same issue. First trip in they told me the Tech could not duplicate the noise. Well yeah because the car was sitting stone cold by the time the tech got to it. I was asked to come up to the dealership and take the Tech for a ride which I did and got the same response that he could barely hear it and that it was normal, etc. When we returned I explained all the other issues that I was having besides the noise like the shudder the jerky acceleration from time to time, etc and most notably the Leak seeping from between where the engine meats the transmission.
I will credit my Dealerships Service dept though. They did look up the TSB and agreed to order the parts as well as once those parts were in would have me bring my car back up for a 2nd opinion. When I arrived a week later the car was nice and warm from the drive there and I happened to tell my Service manager that it was really making some obnoxious noises on the way and that's when she had me take the tech for a ride. He heard the noise and when I told him it was leaking fluid he immediately recognized the issue and was just like. Ahh Yeah I know what it is then. He even turned to the Service manager when we got back and said. Yeah order the parts it's the same ole thing as though they've seen them a few times already. Luckily the parts were there so they replaced the clutches, seals, Fluid, etc. Its a completely different car now. I just hope it stays like it is!.

Oh and I even had the same issue as you with the IA and got told the same thing. "Can't duplicate it". I didn't win the battle on that one.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #1554
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Points 2,928, Level 33
Level Up 19% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Oh and I even had the same issue as you with the IA and got told the same thing. "Can't duplicate it". I didn't win the battle on that one.
Funny story with that, when I went to leave the dealership last night (when I ended up not dropping it off) it took like 4 handle pulls to get the door to open. I wish the guy were watching when that happened. >.<
Old 09-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #1555
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Funny story with that, when I went to leave the dealership last night (when I ended up not dropping it off) it took like 4 handle pulls to get the door to open. I wish the guy were watching when that happened. >.<
I've gotten used to just grabbing the back door handle now the first time it acts like a B with that crap!. DO you know what the TSB involved?

Yeah it never fails though. You can't duplicate a random issue like that and you'd think they'd know that and just replace whatever part that's likely responsible for the issue instead of forcing you to duplicate it.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #1556
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Points 2,928, Level 33
Level Up 19% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Quote:
I've gotten used to just grabbing the back door handle now the first time it acts like a B with that crap!. DO you know what the TSB involved?
I noticed the rear drivers side handle doesn't have this same issue. It's a reprogramming on the BCM (Read: Aside from their time, it's completely free.)

My biggest gripe is that one time it allowed me to lock my keys in the trunk (which isn't supposed to happen.) If it were something hardware related, I wouldn't care as much because I could replace it. But this is something I will literally NEVER be able to fix myself short of buying a $2,000 module to hook up to my car and giving Motorcraft a bunch of money to download their most up-to-date software.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #1557
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I noticed the rear drivers side handle doesn't have this same issue. It's a reprogramming on the BCM (Read: Aside from their time, it's completely free.)

My biggest gripe is that one time it allowed me to lock my keys in the trunk (which isn't supposed to happen.) If it were something hardware related, I wouldn't care as much because I could replace it. But this is something I will literally NEVER be able to fix myself short of buying a $2,000 module to hook up to my car and giving Motorcraft a bunch of money to download their most up-to-date software.

Next time I'm at the dealership I am going to pitch a bitch about it. I don't see the harm in just running a BCM update if there's a later version. At least I can say I complained about it on record once and it's doing it again but yeah, your NEVER going to reproduce it because it doesn't do it on demand. Certainly they know that.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #1558
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Points 2,928, Level 33
Level Up 19% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Quote:
Next time I'm at the dealership I am going to pitch a bitch about it. I don't see the harm in just running a BCM update if there's a later version. At least I can say I complained about it on record once and it's doing it again but yeah, your NEVER going to reproduce it because it doesn't do it on demand. Certainly they know that.
The TSB description has "Intermittent" in the title. I meeeaaann...
Old 09-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #1559
.Leda
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103845
What I Drive: 2012 White SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 .Leda Good Standing Member
I cannot believe there are 130 pages to look through on this topic. :O wow!

I started having problems this morning with my 2012 Focus shuddering and shaking from take off when stopped at a light or stop sign. I bought my car used a couple of months ago and it has not given me any problems until now. It has over 25k on it. It was also mfd in June/2011 so I am looking into the update as I do not know if my car has had it.

I am waiting on a call back from the dealer. I do not want to start having car problems. I really like this car.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #1560
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,925, Level 33
Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33 Points: 2,925, Level: 33
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Leda View Post
I cannot believe there are 130 pages to look through on this topic. :O wow!

I started having problems this morning with my 2012 Focus shuddering and shaking from take off when stopped at a light or stop sign. I bought my car used a couple of months ago and it has not given me any problems until now. It has over 25k on it. It was also mfd in June/2011 so I am looking into the update as I do not know if my car has had it.

I am waiting on a call back from the dealer. I do not want to start having car problems. I really like this car.
Go to etis.ford.com. Under the "vehicle" section input your VIN. This should at least tell you if FSA 12b37 is available for your car. This is the software update that did the most good for the most people. Good luck! They are great cars; you just have to get through this quirk.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.