NO indicator for winshield wiper fluid - Page 11 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #101
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Just ran out of fluid a couple days ago and haven't seen any indicator that it's low/empty. Guess I'll add this onto my next visit. Anyone come up with a way to easily visually check the level to see how low it actually is? Mine is obviously empty since nothing is coming out at all anymore, but just wondering.
Hi forceflow2,

You should be able to visually check your level of windshield washer fluid and determine whether or not it needs to be filled. Check out pages 339 and 340 of your Owner's Manual (5th printing) for specifics on reservoir location and fluid replacement. You can get a copy of your Owner's Manual here: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage

-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #102
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Got a low fluid warning today. Just FYI in case anyone was keeping track (didn't read the whole thread).
Old 09-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #103
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
I told my dealer I didn't get a warning (because I didn't...) and they corrected/updated the module parameter for me. ^_^
Old 09-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #104
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
I ran out of fluid a couple days ago too and haven't seen any indicator or warning saying it was either low or empty. I noticed this when I actually got the car back in nov '11 but said to myself that this ''fonction'' was not part of the car. Looks like I was wrong.

I have to go see my dealer soon for a number of non resolved issues...looks like I will have to mention this aswell...Oh the joy...
Old 10-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #105
mcdiv
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94558
What I Drive: 2012 titanium, kona blue

FF Reputation: 1 mcdiv Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I have a fully loaded Ti hatchback, with pretty much every option except the 18" rims. I went in for an oil change and mentioned a few things, the washer fluid warning being one. The only remark on my bill is "not equipped". Is this even possible? I know I've seen people with the same trim level as me having the warning system, I know there's a TSB (my built date was 04/11/11), I just don't get it.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #106
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdiv View Post
i have a fully loaded ti hatchback, with pretty much every option except the 18" rims. I went in for an oil change and mentioned a few things, the washer fluid warning being one. The only remark on my bill is "not equipped". Is this even possible? I know i've seen people with the same trim level as me having the warning system, i know there's a tsb (my built date was 04/11/11), i just don't get it.
TSB 12-4-13.

I had my 5/24/2011 build done like 2 weeks ago. Unless you lack the sensor, which would suck - but shouldn't be your fault.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #107
mcdiv
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94558
What I Drive: 2012 titanium, kona blue

FF Reputation: 1 mcdiv Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
TSB 12-4-13.

I had my 5/24/2011 build done like 2 weeks ago. Unless you lack the sensor, which would suck - but shouldn't be your fault.
Thanks, I'm going to have to go back. I'm getting a little annoyed.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #108
BrApple
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95810
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 BrApple Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
Today my 1/12 build SE gave me a warning on the MFD "Windshield washer low".
I also have a 1/12 build SE and am currently running down the washer fluid level to see if I get a message or not.
- 2k Contour SVT - #2137
- 12 Impreza 2.0i Premium - CVT
Old 10-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #109
BrApple
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95810
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 BrApple Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi forceflow2,

You should be able to visually check your level of windshield washer fluid and determine whether or not it needs to be filled. Check out pages 339 and 340 of your Owner's Manual (5th printing) for specifics on reservoir location and fluid replacement. You can get a copy of your Owner's Manual here: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage

-Crystal
Crystal,

Would you please comment to the information provided on page 30 of the 5th printing of the owners manual?

While I do agree that one should visualy check for washer fluid replacement the owners manual indicates that a maintenence message will be displayed to the driver when the washer fluid level is low.

Many have reported in this thread that they do not receive this message while others have reported that they do receive this message. It also appears that there is alot of confusion around the low washer fluid message.

If you could definitevely let us know if the Focus does or does not have the ability to provide a flow washer fluid message, in accordance with page 30 of the owners manual, it would be greatly appreaciated. Additionally many have stated that after having TSB 12-4-13 applied to their vehicles the low washer fluid message began working. If you would confirm this also that would also be greatly appreciated.

These confirmations would help many understand if their vehicle is functioning as expected or if updates are required.

Thanks
Brian
- 2k Contour SVT - #2137
- 12 Impreza 2.0i Premium - CVT
Old 10-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #110
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrApple View Post
Crystal,

Would you please comment to the information provided on page 30 of the 5th printing of the owners manual?

While I do agree that one should visualy check for washer fluid replacement the owners manual indicates that a maintenence message will be displayed to the driver when the washer fluid level is low.

Many have reported in this thread that they do not receive this message while others have reported that they do receive this message. It also appears that there is alot of confusion around the low washer fluid message.

If you could definitevely let us know if the Focus does or does not have the ability to provide a flow washer fluid message, in accordance with page 30 of the owners manual, it would be greatly appreaciated. Additionally many have stated that after having TSB 12-4-13 applied to their vehicles the low washer fluid message began working. If you would confirm this also that would also be greatly appreciated.

These confirmations would help many understand if their vehicle is functioning as expected or if updates are required.

Thanks
Brian
Hi there,

As the Owner's Manual states (page 26), depending on the vehicle options equipped with your vehicle, not all of the messages will display or be available. If you have questions about how your individual vehicle is equipped, you can reach out to your dealer.

Many message lights will display upon starting your vehicle to ensure that they work; if the Washer Fluid Level Low light illuminates and turns off during vehicle start up, that is an indication that it is functioning normally.

If you think your Washer Fluid Level Low light isn't functioning normally, please make an appointment at your dealership so they can inspect.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->