Sync With Myford touch V 3.2 release coming soon - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #91
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Any way you can post up the officially released Focus update link? As far as I can tell your update is the same as mine, and on the MFT thread most owners are complaining that their climate control functions are acting like mine from the Edge/Explorer release.

My site is seeing my successful install of v3.2.2 so I have no way to download it that I can tell, and I think downloading it won't do me any good anyway, as it's all the same numbers.
Does anyone have a site I can use? Also, I forgot to back up the software before loading on my car. Not sure what files the car may have changed after install.

Climate control seems to work, but the cabin temperature is no longer displayed.

As for NAV, I no longer have a flat view, just 3D. Teh car icon seems to go behind the street signs, I think this is becuase they set them to refresh less often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #92
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
As for NAV, I no longer have a flat view, just 3D. Teh car icon seems to go behind the street signs, I think this is becuase they set them to refresh less often.
I haven't installed 3.2 yet after everything I'm reading here. Just as an FYI though, my Nav has always had the car icon go behind the street signs, route signs, etc. in 3D view (and it still does as I am still running 3.0.2). I don't think that particular problem is a result of the 3.2 update. Now, the inability to go back to flat 2D view, no idea......anyone else who updated seeing this also?
Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #93
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Now, the inability to go back to flat 2D view, no idea......anyone else who updated seeing this also?
I usually leave it in 2D view, so I still have 2D views. I haven't tried cycling just yet...
Old 09-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #94
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I haven't installed 3.2 yet after everything I'm reading here. Just as an FYI though, my Nav has always had the car icon go behind the street signs, route signs, etc. in 3D view (and it still does as I am still running 3.0.2). I don't think that particular problem is a result of the 3.2 update. Now, the inability to go back to flat 2D view, no idea......anyone else who updated seeing this also?
I guess I never noticed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I usually leave it in 2D view, so I still have 2D views. I haven't tried cycling just yet...
If I recall correctly, I used to have 3 views. 3D, Flat, and upcoming exits. Now I only have 3D and upcoming exits...

Maybe a reboot / reset will help:
My first time driving after the update it crashed and when it came back, the bottom half of my map screen was blank (no streets). Removing and replacing SD card fixed it.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #95
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Electronics and I are currently in a love-hate relationship.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #96
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmahal View Post
You neglect the fact that there is no way to converse with the people directly responsible for the crappy myford touch updates, thus the only hope of getting opinions and displeasure through to them is through their representatives like Tamika. It sucks but that's the role she's in. Her best move is to tell her superiors people are pissed off so they act and people aren't pissed off anymore. I'm not gonna be nice when I spent a lot of $$$ of my vehicle and still don't have applink. And yes, I know it won't be in this next update unfortunately and yes I was fishing and yes Tamika was deceitful. I think anyone who doesn't complain is just weak and asking for them to do nothing to improve the system because if they don't it saves them money. Unless they feel like its going to cost them future sales they'll be just fine with the status quo. Squeaky wheel always gets the oil...live with it. Thanks. Have a nice day.
That's a load of malarkey. Call Ford Customer Service and tell them you want to speak to people and eventually you can. Complaining via the online chat is ridiculous and useless. The only thing you can expect there is basic customer support -- not technical support. Taking out your childish anger on that poor woman was immature and rude.

She's not going to be telling her supervisor that people are mad about the update...she's going to be telling her supervisor that some angry child joined the chat to complain and he's going to agree.

If you want to get things done the correct way, do so with respect to the people you're speaking to. Go into the dealership and complain to your service manager, call Customer Service, or talk to Jaclyn (or her cohorts) here on the forums. Don't make people feel small just to make yourself look bigger.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #97
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
That's a load of malarkey. Call Ford Customer Service and tell them you want to speak to people and eventually you can. Complaining via the online chat is ridiculous and useless. The only thing you can expect there is basic customer support -- not technical support. Taking out your childish anger on that poor woman was immature and rude.

She's not going to be telling her supervisor that people are mad about the update...she's going to be telling her supervisor that some angry child joined the chat to complain and he's going to agree.

If you want to get things done the correct way, do so with respect to the people you're speaking to. Go into the dealership and complain to your service manager, call Customer Service, or talk to Jaclyn (or her cohorts) here on the forums. Don't make people feel small just to make yourself look bigger.
Agreed! We are all frustrated, but being respectful is not a suggestion, it is a requirement. You can relay your frustration in a respectful manner and going forward I would hope you do. We have all been through a lot with MFT and think Ford is not doing all they can to solve the issue, but disrespecting an employee of Ford because you feel justified is not the right way to handle the situation. BTW, we all paid a lot of money for our cars and would like the issue fixed. Heck we likely paid the least amount compared to those who bought Lincolns and other high end vehicles.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #98
ragewars
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101657
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 ragewars Good Standing Member
New Myford Touch Dec 10th

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorze...-system-again/

check this out for MFT/ software update just found it today
Old 12-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #99
ragewars
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101657
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 ragewars Good Standing Member
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2012311290104
Old 12-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #100
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragewars View Post
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorze...-system-again/

check this out for MFT/ software update just found it today
Is it just me, or does this sound like 3.5.1 which came out last month? That update is still not available on Sync My Ride so maybe they will make it public on December 10th?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->